PDA

View Full Version : Thai House Plans and Ideas: Free for private use by Mr Hasse Froom of Sweden

richardb
4th Jan 2013, 00:57
A generous selection of house plans, pictures and videos

http://www.thailand-isaan.com/

These are not "builder ready" and will need to be filled in by a Thai architect/surveyor and approved by the local planning office but do offer some great and detailed ideas.

Richard

Flip
4th Jan 2013, 01:04
More here:

http://www.crossy.co.uk/Thai_House_Plans/

which is a link on the "useful links" at bottom right of http://kohchangrealestate.com/ which also has some useful links to property law etc

richardb
4th Jan 2013, 01:34
Yes its that time of life when I might be advising and assisting the Thai side of my family to start pouring concrete : or burying them in concrete if "they no listen" :help:

Richard

Barnet
4th Jan 2013, 05:04
In just about every well known book shop out here there are hard back manuals full of stunning looking houses such as these. Theyre slightly more reader friendly than the websites but only ever so slightly.

Flip
4th Jan 2013, 18:52
In just about every well known book shop out here there are hard back manuals full of stunning looking houses such as these. Theyre slightly more reader friendly than the websites but only ever so slightly.

Just the small matter of having to travel 6500 miles to buy a book.

the_link
4th Jan 2013, 23:55
...or burying them in concrete if "they no listen" :help:

Can we have a thread on the final solution if the in-laws refuse to listen to reason?

:angel:

Wolfy
5th Jan 2013, 10:52
Work has started on the Wolfy/Mai abode.

Here it is so far...

Another 6 truck loads of dirt should have been delivered by now.:)

the_link
5th Jan 2013, 11:03
That's exactly what we'll be doing in February, Wolfy. Need to build up the ground by at least a metre otherwise it'll be a swimming pool every time it rains.

prioritypress
5th Jan 2013, 11:16
Loads of beautiful "coffee table" books on Thai houses/modern design on Amazon.

Nick

prikphet
5th Jan 2013, 12:07
Can we have a thread on the final solution if the in-laws refuse to listen to reason?

:angel:

I think the concrete maybe the answer and solution to both ;)

jimmbo60
7th Jan 2013, 02:43
We are going to be redecorating/refurbishing the Bkk home. It will involve electrics, plumbing, building work, (small part of roof and walls) and new bathrooms and kitchen. Does anybody know of a builder or planner that can speak good english so we could get costing's/planning done. The house is north west Bkk way. Beware MIL perfectionist when spending money:lol:

Flip
7th Jan 2013, 03:32
Jimbo, being a 'planner', I think you mean architect?

jimmbo60
7th Jan 2013, 03:49
Yes architect is the right word

ian1208
7th Jan 2013, 12:19
Why would you need an architect?
A good builder/company has the capability of doing this without the need to pay architect fees. You mention you Mrs is a perfectionist, maybe you want a designer (?)

jimmbo60
7th Jan 2013, 12:22
MIL is a perfectionist. Yes a good builder would be fine if he could draw up plans etc