Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

View RSS Feed

Phetchy

1. Three satangs in two fountains.

I spent my latest sojourn up in the village doing a bit of landscape gardening - or more accurately, supervising Wan and her mum doing the landscaping due to my lack of work permit. I can't believe she actually still thinks that excuse is genuine!

Anyway, as she's not coming with me this time when I go to the UK in April, I rather rashly said that she could have the airfare equivalent to do with what she wished. I knew that Gucci handbags and Prada shoes are not her thing and I thought ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Charlie Dimmock.

I've taken this snap in the garden. As it's overcast and not too hot today, Wan has taken the opportunity to tidy up the garden. I couldn't resist passing on a tip for this years must-have designer gardening gear - sun hat, nightie and wellies.

Attachment 2789
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Where's Phetchy gone? - Update 1.

Wan and I will be in Nuen Bhot, until Thursday 7th July.
    Possibly visiting the market in Si Thep for a few fresh entrails and assorted strange vegetables, planting out some hardy annuals, cleaning out the fishpond and perhaps calling in to see Dan and Ploy on the way back to Pattaya. If you are waiting on me for the usual load of tosh or the occasional witty riposte, please be patient. Until then, Numbnuts the cat is in charge of the office.
    Attachment 2611
    Apologies ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Little House on the Prairie

The house was finished in June '08 Patrick. Only 3 months - not bad. A "before" and "after" photo - complete with "Tiki Bar". It's completely surrounded with plants now - the damn stuff grows like crazy.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Phetchyblog

I don't know if this will find it's way to the photoblog page but..... As opposed to a "topping out ceremony" as in the west, Thais have theirs at the start of a building project. This photo was taken on the first day of the building of our house in the village. As usual with Thai traditions, a lot of hocus-pocus is involved. In this case an umbrella, an eel trap containing the family gold reserves, a banana tree sapling and a young boy are tied to the central pillar of the building. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized