Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

View RSS Feed


  1. Obtain a Spouse Settlement Visa for the UK - Part 5

    Visa Application Process
    Once you have collected all the information you will want (or more correctly) your wife will want to apply for a Settlement Visa.

    In Thailand, the UKBA outsource the handling of the Settlement Visa applications to a company called VFS Global, they initially collect the application from your spouse and forward it to the UKBA at the British Embassy for processing.

    Your visa application will be processed and decided by UK Border Agency staff. ...

    Updated 13th Jan 2012 at 18:49 by Frogster1953

  2. Obtain a Spouse Settlement Visa for the UK - Part 4

    Collecting Information for a Visa, Where to start ?
    The UKBA have a reasonably good website, with a lot of information on it, but the information is not always where you would expect to find it, or always up to date. I will try to narrow down the areas you may want to look at regarding a settlement visa.

    The type of visa your spouse will be applying for is covered under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules, that can be viewed here Settlement Spouses & Civil Partners (Part 8) ...

    Updated 13th Jan 2012 at 18:48 by Frogster1953

  3. Obtain a Spouse Settlement Visa for the UK - Part 3

    Obtaining a Thai Passport for your Spouse
    If your spouse does not already have one, it is important for them to obtain a passport, as other stages and obtaining documents will require the applicant to have one as a prerequisite, for example the TB Test.

    A point to remember also, is that the TB Test Certificate should be in the same name as on the passport, as should any travel documents etc. So, getting married first and your spouse changing her name officially at her amphur, ...

    Updated 13th Jan 2012 at 18:47 by Frogster1953

  4. Obtain a Spouse Settlement Visa for the UK - Part 2

    Getting Married in Thailand
    The legal Amphur marriage is very similar to a registry office marriage in the UK and is required in order to count as the “legal ceremony” for the official documentation and certificates.

    The Buddhist ceremony or "village" wedding is not official, but is often viewed as a lot more important in the eyes of Thai’s, and is generally a big party with everything done for show / face, however, remember that on it’s own, it is not legally recognised ...

    Updated 13th Jan 2012 at 18:46 by Frogster1953

  5. Obtain a Spouse Settlement Visa for the UK - Part 1

    How to Obtain a Spouse Settlement Visa for the UK
    (The Frogster Guide)

    I am a British national, married to a Thai, we both reside in the UK, the information, ideas, opinions, views, etc, mentioned in this guide, represent the way that “we” (my wife and I) approached, collected, documented and successfully applied and obtained a spouse settlement visa.

    This guide should not be taken as “the only way to do it”. Others may have just as effective ...

    Updated 13th Jan 2012 at 18:44 by Frogster1953