Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VV questions

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How about a copy of the latest mortgage statement (I believe there's one sent every year?) plus the current council tax bill?

--- Update ---

Quote Originally Posted by Merseymike View Post
    Stratford (upon-Avon that is: not the Stratford that East London members might more readily associate themselves with )
    Everyone's coming to St. Ratford, doncha know?
    ไม่ลองไม่รู้

Serial Poster ผู้โพสต์ต่อเนื่อง colin244's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bifftastic View Post
    How about a copy of the latest mortgage statement (I believe there's one sent every year?)

--- Update ---

Correct as I believe it is an obligation for the Mortgage Company to do so.

colin 244

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bifftastic View Post
    ...St. Ratford...
    If we're going to mess around with place names, I'm sure we could come up with various nuances of Scunthorpe!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merseymike View Post
    If we're going to mess around with place names, I'm sure we could come up with various nuances of Scunthorpe!
    Indeed, as well as bolts from Bolton, kings from Kingston and now we're off to Penistone...

I'll get me coat.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night (just after my post here) I went onto the Land Registry site myself to see what could be done. I managed to sign up and download something called a title deed which states the property, it's value and the names of my parents in the owners column which should be sufficient. Cost me £4 but was worth it I think.
    Bless my mum but I think she didn't quite know what to do and didn't want to disapoint me. Sadly I work nights (just finished and off to bed in a few minutes) and get no time to teach her how to properly use the internet.
    Either way I'm happy. =)

As for the itinerary I will put a few touristy places in and a few local ones. I live Englands biggest village (according to sign as you drive in), the UK's first airport is just down the road, as is the oldest running cinema so there is plenty of history, culture etc. I done the London thing when I was younger and I don't care to do it again. =p

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamesaylmore View Post
    Last night (just after my post here) I went onto the Land Registry site myself to see what could be done. I managed to sign up and download something called a title deed which states the property, it's value and the names of my parents in the owners column which should be sufficient. Cost me £4 but was worth it I think.
    That's exactly what I included in my wife's settlement visa application for my house

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

I live Englands biggest village (according to sign as you drive in), the UK's first airport is just down the road, as is the oldest running cinema so there is plenty of history, culture etc. I done the London thing when I was younger and I don't care to do it again. =p
    My neck of the woods, used to frequent The Farmers pub many years ago, you could always mention Bramber Castle under the history section ;-) You should do the London thing again and even though you might not be too keen I'm sure your girlfriend will and will love it, worthwhile checking out a personal itinery of the city that bypasses Oxford Street and Harrods ;-).

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Toddmeister: That makes my day. =D

KhunIanB-UK: What a small world it is. I've lived in Sompting for five years now. Before that I was Worthing for my entire life. Have you been down to Lancing recently? It has changed a heck of a lot in the short time I've been here.
    I do intend on doing the London thing. I've done it, but showing it to someone else does make me the expert and also makes me look very knowledgeable. =p

One more question though. Should I scan all my wage slips from the last six months? I got one every week and it is coming to a lot. From reading other threads, I'm thinking showing every single one (all are A4 size) in that time might annoy them a whole lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesaylmore View Post
    T
    One more question though. Should I scan all my wage slips from the last six months? I got one every week and it is coming to a lot. From reading other threads, I'm thinking showing every single one (all are A4 size) in that time might annoy them a whole lot.

It might end up being quite a lot of paper, but you do need to show your wage slips, so at the risk of annoying them, I would include them.

Seeing as they are weekly wage slips, you might find a way of grouping them together into months? Perhaps reducing them in size so that more then one fits onto an A4 sheet?

I don't think "the amount of paperwork in this application annoyed me" can be used as a reason for refusal.

I have, however, been led to believe that "I am not satisfied that you have access to sufficient funds" can be.

ไม่ลองไม่รู้

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

In the alternative, around this time of year you should receive your P60 for the last tax year. Bung that in instead of a whole host of payslips.

Post Thanks / Like

Better to provide too much than too littel IMHO.

Get back down that way regularly, was down there last weekend. Quite often visit the harvester now though and a good kebab shop just up the road from the station opposite the Nationwide Was hoping to go to the Bank Holiday Monday Market on Beach Green, but had to head back on the Sunday. It's a nice area down there

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Bifftastic: I ended up scanning my wage slips and printing them on both side of paper. I've also used paper clips to separate them by months. MY attempts at shrinking them made them come out blurred and difficult to read so I figured I'd just print them on both sides of paper just to be safe.

KhunIanB-UK: I love that kebab shop. The only place I know that serves kebab and rice together. Even better I can order online. =D
    It poured with rain all day on the bank holiday so I doubt the market would have been there had you stayed. It is nice down here. A great place to own a dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Had to google Sompting. Thought it was in Thailand at first
    ไม่ลองไม่รู้

Post Thanks / Like

"Had to google Sompting"

Get's used regularly in Thailand, "Darlink, When you come Thailand, bring Sompting for family" ;-)

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I've done all I can now. Fingers crossed it all works out. =)

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck James
    ไม่ลองไม่รู้

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์ the_link's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck from me too, James.

Serial Poster ผู้โพสต์ต่อเนื่อง colin244's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

And me mate

colin 244

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone but in the end we didn't bother applying. It turns out the reason she didn't have a letter from her boss is because he wanted me to pay for it, (5000THB) on the grounds that I would be taking her away from the bar for one month and I should pay the bar fee that would normally be required. Naturally I refused as last year she got three months off during summer to spend time with family back home. So after a long chat she needs to get another job (hopefully with a nicer boss).
    Next time I will definately apply as I can't afford to keep going on holiday twice a year. But still, fun was had and I got some great advice here which made me more than prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

5000 baht is a pitance compared to the costs of the holiday and the promise of return to a job, IMHO as it is bar work it would also not weigh too heavily on a reason to return in an ECOs eyes anyway, as in the UK bar work can be easy to come by and switch however good you are at it.

How much does she earn at the bar? 5000 baht is a typical low monthly wage, could it be paid by her?