Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thread: Divorce in uk

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear all..

Im going to the court on 28 August.Its a final hearing. I having a problem to pay my solicitor and also I have a problem having legal aid as well.I'm asking for help all over the place but nothing come though.Its very long long headache divorce case 1 years and 11 months.
    I need some advirce about If im going to the court to represent myself in court alone.
    I have no idea..what's going to happen..but i need to finish this divorce.any advirce from any one..
    noona

Premium Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your problems Noona, I hope someone on this forum can help you, Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

also I have a problem having legal aid as well
    I need some advirce about If im going to the court to represent myself in court alone.
    I have no idea..what's going to happen..but i need to finish this divorce.any advirce from any one
    Paying a visit to citizens Advice as soon as possible may help you if you can't get advice here. Are you clear of what you need and/or want and/or will give in the divorce in terms of settlement? I don't think representing yourself in court IMHO is a good idea. I think that unless you have a reasonable income and/or savings then you should qualify for legal aid, but not my area of expertise. Good luck in getting the assistance you need.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry this has happened here,it is more difficult in the the uk.it would be easier in thailand for divorce.goodluck

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

How long were you married and what visa do you have.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for everybody.I been to citicen advice ,there is nothing they can do about it.

I have a business in Thailand with my ex-husband.The busines register in The company name and both of us have % on it.
    Im a Thai side have 51% and English have 49%
    When we are broke up .I living alone in the share house and claim JSA .Then I get help from Legal aid.
    Atfer nearly 2 year off divorce.I got a job just past-time ,and move to rent a private share flat.
    This time my ex-have told the Legal aid.Im not a poor person I have a big asset in Thailand (land in Thailand that we cant sale it yet)
    The legal aid cancelled me rieght away.The solicitor stop working and asking for the payment if im going to the court.
    The cost £ 5000 ,that is too much for me.
    If i have money to pay then in the first place .Its wont cos me a headache now.
    Im working 5.73 per hours in the coofee shop and £20000 dept from business in Thailand.
    I have no idea ,what's going to happen.I have to go to court without any off them.I have no choiec.
    Thank you for anyone...for advice
    noona

Post Thanks / Like

Noona, what do you want from your husband for the divorce and what does your husband want from you? Discuss it together, and both listen more than talk! If you can come to an agreement better for both, otherwise you'll have to progress through the courts and the real winners will be the solicitors (IMHO). Go back to the Citizens Advice and ask them what is your next step after giving them the results from your discussions. Divorce in Thailand?

Also it would help others offer advice if you answered their questions above

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you KHUNIANB-UK ..well i know if people talk will sort a problem out..but we never talk to each other more than 5 mins.he will walk a way..and say rubbish..that a reason.
    He want everything back ,his surname ,his business in Thailand ,my parent home that he help to buid its half ,car for business in Thailand and the BIG THING IS HE WANT ME TO LEAVE THIS COUNTRY FOR GOOD...i cant do that my 2 kids live with him.
    I have to fight my head off to live here to see my kids.I still seeing them one a months ,that all i can afford.
    Anyway i have letter from solicitor today .she want me to sign and date notice that i acting in court alone...
    well thank you for any advirced i will lets you know ,,what's happen next?
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Johnboy asked:

How long were you married and what visa do you have.
    Have you got Citizenship, ILR or FLR?

what's happen next?
    As you and your husband can't talk about things and as he has quite a thorough set of demands you really should have proper help with this IMHO to get yourselves a sensible compromise especially where the children are concerned, not just
    Anyway i have letter from solicitor today .she want me to sign and date notice that i acting in court alone...
    , I wish good luck to your children in getting something sorted out by their parents.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you khun ian b
    I married for 13 years.i have endlish passport...and Thai also.
    we talk about the kids before we sprit up.we went to family meadiation to sort all the thing out..but just for the kids not business.
    The kids live and have aducation with him.
    I move out and find the legal aid myself.

Its taking too long to sort the business out ..and the legal aid just want me to proof that i run business and accout with him ...as this kind off thing i have a name on that but i dont know noting about business accout ..so i cant proof myself..
    So this time im going to court .just to get divorced if i have notthing or anyhting not enough to pay the dept off .
    i have to declaire myself bankrupt.At the moment im not too good ,just earn a little and pay back too much.
    im Thank you for you to reply ,as i have no way to go any more .....no legal aid ..its no me .

Post Thanks / Like

Noona, I am not much help I am afraid but just want to say keep your spirits up and do your best to stay healthy and on top of things.

I hope it all works out for you.
    Champions 20|13

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

hello khun IanB and khun Gary&nok.
    I have a good new for all of you.The legal aid finally accept my appeal and I have solicitor working for me now and I have some one to repesent at the court ,Thank god for that.
    So i will let anyone know after the court.
    Thank you for all.
    noona

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck. Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

That's good news Noona. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck.
    Champions 20|13

Serial Poster ผู้โพสต์ต่อเนื่อง colin244's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

noona,

Good luck from me too

colin 244
    I am not a number, I am a free man