Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hotels.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hotels.

hi everyone

my son going to thailand in december to see his future wife, he will be getting married march 2012, as they will be staying in hotels and as for evidence for visa receipt for hotels will be in both names, will that be ok. or will eco look down on that because they not married yet.

also in his sponsor letter is it a good idea or not to mention that he is divorced.

thanks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

No one will look down on them having receipt's in 2 names, 2 names makes it even better,
    I don't think there is any need to mention divorce.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks deland,

would it be ok for one bill with his and her names on it instead of seperate bills, as he will be paying for hotel.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Hotel bills are good supporting evidence if in both names. do not worry that they are not married...the ECO is not a judge on the morals of staying together before marriage.

Is the sponsor letter for a settlement visa? if so he will need to supply the decree nisi...he will also need to do so for the affirmation to marry certificate.

I would reiterate that whether he is divorced or not is immaterial. The ECO deals in facts and the correct supporting documentation.

mike

Post Thanks / Like

thanks mikey,

yes it's for settlement visa, he knows he has to take decree absolute to do affirmation to marry. he is divorced and his ex was thai, married for 9 yrs so he will have to tick all the right boxes, may i say also the info i have received off this site has been invaluable, hope the law doesn't get passed about income, he works 24/7 and doesn't earn £18,000.how cruel for them to try and force this law.
    thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybrum62 View Post
    he will need to supply the decree nisi...
    Tangmo,

I think Mikey is a little mistaken.... It is the Decree Absolute you need, not the Nisi..... A Divorce is not final until the Absolute is obtained.

And then, as Mikey says, the affirmation to marry certificate can be obtained.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the sponsor letter for a settlement visa? if so he will need to supply the decree nisi...he will also need to do so for the affirmation to marry certificate.
    Mikeybrum62. Once the affirmation has been obtained, having shown his decree absolute for that, why would the ECO need to see it with the settlement application? The affirmation to marry is issued by the British Embassy.

Dave.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ N Barton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddwjg View Post
    Mikeybrum62. Once the affirmation has been obtained, having shown his decree absolute for that, why would the ECO need to see it with the settlement application? The affirmation to marry is issued by the British Embassy.

Dave.
    Don't count on that, its exactly what i thought as well !!
    Despite the fact that Jumpa and I were married in Bangkok, for which i obviously had to provide affirmation to marry, she was initially refused her settlement visa as my decree absolute was not included in our application.
     I consider myself to be very very fortunate in that, having pleaded like a begging child, i was given until closing time that day (approx 1 hour) to provide my decree. I was successful in this and the rest is history, as they say.

Post Thanks / Like

yes sorry my mistake...decree absolute is correct (always get the 2 mixed up). However agree with Barton. The supporting evidence should include the decree absolute...I also found this a bit odd as the embassy would have seen it when submitting the affirmation to marry.

Serial Poster ผู้โพสต์ต่อเนื่อง colin244's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep my absolute was in the folder but we were on the f/v route so did not not need the affirmation.

colin 244

BTW Should this not be in another thread as not really hotels?

Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone for the advice, he will include it in application, as for hotels, just wanted to know about receipt and advice about divorce, sorry if i posted in wrong place still getting used to site.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The supporting evidence should include the decree absolute...I also found this a bit odd as the embassy would have seen it when submitting the affirmation to marry.
    Completely different departments. The Consular Section countersign affirmations, not the Visa Section.

Regardless, it makes perfect sense that the person(s) processing the visa application would be required to have sight of the original for themselves.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Post Thanks / Like

Paul, how would the ECO know the person had been married before? Not every applicant is a divorcee. It doesn't make sense to me, whereas the affirmation does. The Thai marriage cannot take place without the affirmation, so if the Marriage Certificate is supplied, then affirmation must have been obtained first, and the Decree Absolute (if necessary), already seen by the Consular Dept of the embassy.

Dave.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul, how would the ECO know the person had been married before? Not every applicant is a divorcee. It doesn't make sense to me, whereas the affirmation does. The Thai marriage cannot take place without the affirmation, so if the Marriage Certificate is supplied, then affirmation must have been obtained first, and the Decree Absolute (if necessary), already seen by the Consular Dept of the embassy.

Dave.
    That would be my way of thinking too dave .

Post Thanks / Like

The Thai marriage cannot take place without the affirmation, so if the Marriage Certificate is supplied, then affirmation must have been obtained first, and the Decree Absolute (if necessary), already seen by the Consular Dept of the embassy.

Dave.
    Dave, you are at it again! Applying logic that is, T.I.T. and the idiosyncrasy of the UK government
    Champions 20|13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dave,

I have these "anti logic" ciggies that will help you with that way of thinking.... You start by thinking "Now thats really logical", but end up laughing a lot and thinking the opposit.... then you go round again, and again..... untill you eventually fall into a deep sleep!

Only trouble is, they make you put on weight, for some reason !
    Anyone fancy a Bacon butty with custurd?

Serial Poster ผู้โพสต์ต่อเนื่อง colin244's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ambrosia? Mr Frog?

colin 244

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the questions on the application for asks whether either party has been married before. To answer 'no' when not true could be construed as witholding a material fact.

You should answer the question truthfully and, as illogical as it might seem, supply the same decree absolute as was shown to obtain the affirmation of freedom to marry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ambosia it has to be when in that state of mind Col, I wouldnt trust myself with a saucepan and the good old "Birds Custard Powder" jobbie.

And the risk of navigating my microwave front pannel, well, it would feel like flying the space shuttle, Best just open a tin..........

Oh.......... look.......... lurking behind the Ambrosia........... Sardines in Tomato sauce, only 3 years out of date...... mmmmmmmmmm...... they will be alright!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster1953 View Post
    .............custurd?
    I thought that was blaspheming after having trodden in a canine doo-doo deposit?
    Phil.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment."