Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ESOL short 5 day course

Hi All

Does anybody know if these courses are still available at this time and thus still able to be used for ILR purposes ?, the Cohesion Legal option in Manchester looks great if still open to be used as part of ILR applications. That said should we take the course at some point next year 2012 say during the Summer then by the time Chanita would need to apply for ILR in 2013 could these courses no longer be considered exceptable as a route to ILR ?, i don't want to get Chanita on the course and passed say Summer 2012 only to find in 2013 that this is no longer deemed a valid route as the goal posts have been moved.

In general would you guys who have been down this road of LIUK / ESOL / ILR advise taking the test / course during the 2nd year always (in our case 2013) or would you advise getting this out of the way as soon as possible during the first year?.

I know under the present system the ESOL collage courses drop significantly in cost during the 2nd year of someone being in the UK so if we do take that route i would rather wait until 2013 as the course cost in Reading Collage drops by more than half the price if Chanita has been in UK a year already.

Also finally i see so many of you guys talking of Naturlization after ILR is granted and obtaining British passport ect but can somebody please explain to me in simple terms the advantage of this (taking Naturlizartion).

Thanks
    John & Chanita

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ Harvey at home's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the company for your 5 day course in Manchester give them a call

Harvey

Cohesion Legal Services Centre Ltd

Lancashire
    «
    Cohesion Legal Services Centre Ltd
    2 Maine Road, Rusholme
    Manchester
    Lancashire M14 4DW

Telephone:
    0161 2266377

Fax:
    0161 8802496

Regards Harvey

Post Thanks / Like

mrs took LIUK test a few months after being here , so came in handy for ILR and citizenship.....but with these numpties .... you never know what the rules will be in 2013
    good luck with it all
    bangkok mags

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Harvey and Sisaket

What is the advantage of Naturlization - citzenship once ILR has been granted ?, im failing to see what is gained once you have ILR already ?
    John

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ Harvey at home's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Simply the ability to move more or less anywhere in the world with little impediment, also to become one of her Majesty's subjects with all the honour and privileges that come with it and lastly to become "BRITISH" thereby becoming one of the chosen few! Oh and you can vote!

Post Thanks / Like

i think with a UK passport theres no more taking time off to get schengen visas , IE if you seen a cheap flight to Paris for instance , you dont need to think about taking time off trying to sort out a schengen visa , you could jusy fly ....... same for US it s easier to sort out travel with a UK passport....
    my mrs loves the queen and the royal family so to be british would be something for her to be proud of , as well as following england in footy and rugby..... if she s happy , makes my life easier....
    but it s a choice , dont need to go for citizenship
    infact she was going on about about citizenship about an hour ago
    bangkok mags

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both for the fast and concise replies, that clears things up a lot for me, thanks

John

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์ the_link's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, Alan, if your wife wants to return to Thailand for, say, a year or longer or shorter she can, with impunity. With ILR your wife is still restricted to the amount of time she can spend outside of the UK.

Remember, once your wife has gained citizenship and associated British passport, it is for life.