Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from a 3 day shopping trip to Pattaya

Flew with Turkish Airlines from Zurich to Instanbul then to Bangkok , absolutely brliiant service big seats and for the first time really edible food.

Arrived Saturday afternoon to the normal taxi touts asking 6000 Baht to Pattaya , took metered taxi 1500 all in.

Stay in the Sabai Lodge Soi 2 big room but aircon was not very cold I think too small for room.

Ended up buying a suit etc from Ranis Tailors on the walking street (obnoxious little man) but the quality was good and the prices okay (5k for suit)

As the vist was short I slept French time and spent the 3 nights in a bar with a live band in Soi 2 (honey pot club whatever. ) Music was real head banging stuff so loud could not even hear the inevitable "where you come from"

Got the threads Monday and changed ticket to come back early i.e. yesterday

Patts very quiet everyone complaining no business but in true Thai style still trying to rip you off. The 150 baht atm charge everywhere someone needs to tell the TAT that there are other places for sanuk.

One thing I noticed was there were far more Japanese than before maybe they can keep the place going until after the recession.

Was scheduled to vist BKK but decided against it as the kiddies were fighting again Red shirts this time

Flew back yesterday first time from Swampy as we got caught in the closure last year. Sitting in the First class CP lounge thinking really confortable chairs good scotch etc then looked up they forgot the ceiling all pipes and concrete.

ash
    Old enough to remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems a long way to go to buy a suit...

PS good title to the thread!

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I notice you have said that the taxi touts were charging 6000 baht to go to pattya. Where exactly do you get the metered taxi from the airport. Cheers

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Neil & Mook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

outside there is a taxi metre rank with a line of people, i just go upstairs to departures and get in a taxi that is dropping someone off, much quicker

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Neil & Mook:
    outside there is a taxi metre rank with a line of people, i just go upstairs to departures and get in a taxi that is dropping someone off, much quicker
    ... and saves 50THB too!

Post Thanks / Like

bus is round 100 baht too pattaya.taxi expensive way to reach pattaya.hope you had a good time

Post Thanks / Like

taxi expensive way to reach pattaya.
    No. Taxi is very cheap way to get to Pattaya, it's just that the bus is even cheaper.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

and if you go all the way to thailand for 3 days first class i don;t think you care about the price between bus and taxi!

Post Thanks / Like

Your absolutley bonkers Ash. .

Post Thanks / Like

and if you go all the way to thailand for 3 days first class i don;t think you care about the price between bus and taxi!

No economy just used the 1st class lounge (priority pass)

As for taxi rank at arrivals no queue at all 10 seconds and gone

Macduff used to do this trip twice a month before I got married (albeit stayed in BKK not Pattaya). Have to admit it was easier when I was 35 than at 51 and I did not make it to the office yesterday
    ash

Taxi back to the airport I booked from 'Johney Honda' just off soi 3 cost 800 baht plus 80 baht tolls fees. Knackered old Volvo but it got there okay despite the rain

Bristol Geoff walking would save money too

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Mal:
    Seems a long way to go to buy a suit...
    I did it once but my trip was to get married, hang on, I'm not sure which of us is dafter
    We won our trophy back
    Champions Champions Champions

Post Thanks / Like

I did it once but my trip was to get married, hang on, I'm not sure which of us is dafter
    A suit is definitely cheaper.

That said, Ash is already married so I guess a wedding wasn't on his shopping list.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Post Thanks / Like

Ash i love traveling,but to go for 3 days for me put me to sleep on my return for days.We went for 10 days last year it took me a fortnight to recover.

I've no problems with travelling there from manchester/dubai.changing planes waiting up to 3 hours and then on to bangkok 6 hours. It's that return journey that knackers me up.

Post Thanks / Like

The trick is do not change your watch sleep when its night-time in the UK (my case France) and stay awake when its daytime.

I am a bit knackered now but I did go straight to the office from the airport

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ johnb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always gone straight into the day at local time to avoid jetlag. Arrive at 12noon, have lunch and then dinner and sleep at 10 or 11pm, arrive 11pm go to bed. Always works for me, both ways, east outgoing and west returning.

JohnB
    nao faz mal means mai pen rai

Post Thanks / Like

Nee and I always arranged flights arriving in LOS at 6/7 a.m. We usually left LHR late morning, GMT. We would not sleep the night before flight. We could then sleep on the plane and awake refreshed on arrival. Normal Ist day in LOS followed.

Return journey always got jet-leg. Never managed to figure that one out.

Dave.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hate to fly through the night, when I go to Thailand I try to organise a business stop in the UAE on both legs so that I can stay overnight.

Morning flight from Manchester, overnight hotel, morning flight from Abu Dhabi/Dubai and arrive in Bangkok early evening - a few beers with Jenny and her sister and off to bed for a good nights' sleep - wake up next morning fresh as daisy and no jet-lag, perfect.

I'm in Los Angeles at the moment, it's so easy to make the journey to the USA - but boy how I hate the overnight flight home

I'd take the 08:00 flight from JFK to Heathrow but I cannot get a connection from Heathrow to Manchester ...

... providing I can get a good nights' sleep and avoid overnight flights, I don't suffer from jet-lag, but once I fly through the night, I'm out of sorts for days.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ N Barton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hands up those who thought 'Pattaya Short Time' was going to be about something completely different !!!!
    We'll never win the Premier League,
    We'll never win a Cup,
    We'll still follow UNITED !!

Post Thanks / Like

You mean a la Monty Python of course

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ N Barton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally off topic, but some of the funniest nights i have had has been whilst watching Python Movies or Sketches. Bit frustrating now though as every sketch is accompanied by 'not understand, not funny, explain please' as i roll around the floor.

Okay, sir, my final offer: half a shekel for an old ex-leper?
    Did you say "ex-leper"?
    That's right, sir, 16 years behind a veil and proud of it, sir.
    Well, what happened?
    Oh, cured, sir.
    Cured?
    Yes sir, bloody miracle, sir. Bless you!
    Who cured you?
    Jesus did, sir. I was hopping along, minding my own business, all of a sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by-your-leave! "You're cured, mate." Bloody do-gooder.
    Well, why don't you go and tell him you want to be a leper again?
    Uh, I could do that sir, yeah. Yeah, I could do that I suppose. What I was thinking was I was going to ask him if he could make me a bit lame in one leg during the middle of the week. You know, something beggable, but not leprosy, which is a pain in the ass to be blunt and excuse my French, sir.

Try explaining that to your Thai wife.
    We'll never win the Premier League,
    We'll never win a Cup,
    We'll still follow UNITED !!