Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Calls To UK From Thailand/Thailand To UK

Hi everyone, I'm sure this is one of those questions which is always asked, so forgive a novice like me asking it one more time, but does anyone know a cheap way to make calls to the UK from Thailand and vice versa?

Premium Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chris, there have been many threads on this subject before (stating the bleeding obvious)

From home i use "18185" simply register with them online,www.18185.co.uk calls to Thai mobile are 1.5p a minute. There may be extra charges from your service provider though. With BT there aren't. With this service you get a monthly bill

From the car i use "local phone" http://www.localphone.com...with this service you have to top up your credit.

If you don't want to do any of that try 08448612121 then the number 0066 8 **** **** (if you are calling a mobile that is). This service is 1p a minute and shows up on your normal phone bill, again no extra connection charges with BT.

From Thailand to UK, an expat will give you the answer to that one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

009 from here i forget cost but its more than from uk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We also use 18185.co.uk from the UK from our lindline, but you can use it from your mobile too, you just dial a different number before the Thai number same you would dial 18185 from the landline before the thai mobile. As Wolfy says, seperate invoice from 18185 so doesn't go on your usual landline bill. If you don't use the service much (we don't now that my wife is here) they don't bill every month.

Steve

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris

my wife's been in the UK for just one month and we use localphone for calls to Thailand.

Register online and provide them with the mobile numbers you intend to be calling in Thailand. They will then issue you with individual UK telephone numbers for each of the Thai telephone numbers.

Everytime you want to call Thailand, you just have to dial the UK number they gave you and it will call the Thai number for you.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Calls to Thailand
    My wife uses cheapcalling.co.uk 0844 861 75 75 1p per minute to Thailand landline or Thailand mobile.
    Wayneo

Post Thanks / Like

Like Wolfy and Millsey we use www.localphone.com I last loaded £15 on there at the end of last year and Aom's usage is about an hour or so a month costing less than £1 a month, I think it's 1.3p (including VAT) an hour to Landline or mobile in Thailand.

Another advantage to the local number that you dial eg 024 77100100 is that you can register multiple phones to dial the number from so my sisters home number is added so that she can dial the number as above and she can have a chat without incuring a charge though it costs me 1.3p inc VAT a minute, but ~20p for 15 minutes to a mobile 6,ooo miles away ain't all that bad.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์
    Post Thanks / Like

Biff and Tony put me on to localphone and I not looked back so cheap and you can hook it up with their mobile app as well

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ sumrit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chris, for cheap calls from Thailand to the UK get a 'True Inter' sim card, available from any 7-11. Calls to UK land lines cost just one baht per minute and it's about six baht per minute to a UK mobile. Just remember though to get those rates you have to prefix the '44' UK code with '00600' and not just '00' or '+', so you can't dial directly from your phone book, where '+44****' would normally be stored, without altering the number first.