Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 90 of 90
  1. #81
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    1 May 2015
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Hi,

    After I get married in an Amphur in Bangkok, do I need to go back to the MFA and get the marriage certificate translated into English for the visa application?

    Gunner

  2. #82
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    663

    Default

    great read all correct ,with regards to Teflon wok I came home one day and she was bashing it with a hammer ,,pan kuput ,,got a new one shes ok with it now like more important to her than me, bought mother in law one for when we go back to Thailand hrmmmmm maybe the same fate as my first lol

  3. #83
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    663

    Default

    has a habit of taking all food out of the packaging and putting in cointainers,,breakfast yesterday was 2 pork chops instead of bacon ,,the reason i just thought they was thick slices ,oh well they were nice

  4. #84
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    10 Mar 2018
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Just a thought, I was concerned about my wife when feeling isolated when she comes to the UK (as I have to go to work). I was in Tesco one day, asked an Asian lady if she was Thai (anser yes), and if there was a Thai community in Bristol. She directed to a Thai Temple here in Bristol. They have their own resident monks, they were lovely people, they said my wife will be very welcome, and they will be able to help her find work if she wants. Just one way to ease a Thai wife in.

  5. #85
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PEL2112UK View Post
    Just a thought, I was concerned about my wife when feeling isolated when she comes to the UK (as I have to go to work). I was in Tesco one day, asked an Asian lady if she was Thai (anser yes), and if there was a Thai community in Bristol. She directed to a Thai Temple here in Bristol. They have their own resident monks, they were lovely people, they said my wife will be very welcome, and they will be able to help her find work if she wants. Just one way to ease a Thai wife in.
    just a quick one if its working with other thails ,ie resturant supermarket thail ,then her english will go backwards ,as i found out with my wife who now works in a more english based company shes got the northern slang now aint it lol

  6. #86
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    10 Mar 2018
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    just a quick one if its working with other thails ,ie resturant supermarket thail ,then her english will go backwards ,as i found out with my wife who now works in a more english based company shes got the northern slang now aint it lol
    OK, you're right and I'm wrong, so clearly know better than me what is right for my wife?

    I merely offered an idea. My wife will be in a strange country, a culture totally different to hers. She hardly spoke a word of English when we met, I can only take one week off work to be with her on her arrival, I work away from home during the week. She is leaving her family and her friends behind.

    My wife is kind, and very funny. She has a beautiful heart, an almost child like innocence, but is streetwise, and from a good Budhist family. The thought of doing another person a bad deed does not even enter her head. At some point she will be exposed to our different (confrontational) society, she will interact with the indigenous folk, but I'm not going to just push her out there, the people at the Thai temple are kind, they will look after. Her English will improve as she integrates. If she wants to venture out into society sooner, she can. I'm just trying to support her as best I can ????.
    Last edited by PEL2112UK; 27th Apr 2018 at 02:31.

  7. #87
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    10 Mar 2018
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    just a quick one if its working with other thails ,ie resturant supermarket thail ,then her english will go backwards ,as i found out with my wife who now works in a more english based company shes got the northern slang now aint it lol
    In retrospect, perhaps I was a bit quick off the mark. I guess it's different for everyone, some Thais' English speaking ability might regress in this scenario, but knowing my wife she is an outgoing person and she will want to communicate with British people in the UK in the same way that most of us try to communicate with Thais when we visit Thailand, so I don't think in her English will go backwards.

    She's leaving Thailand for the very 1st time and going to live in a strange country. I want her to be happy, and it just happens that I found a group of very nice Thai people who have experience of life in the UK, who are happy to help her settle in, provide her friends, and (legitimate) work if she wants it.

  8. #88
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    663

    Default

    i think you have misunderstood me a little ,i wish you and your wife all the best ,it is a difficult move for thails to come to the uk ,it was something i noticed with my wife when she worked at a thail supermarket for 6 months last year the first year she was here she did a lot of english classes and then she managed to get this job, by meeting and talking to thails at the local market ,but as it was a thail supermarket and working with thails her english went backwards as they was speaking thail all the time .Back to the market were a lot of thails go and the local thail temple she found another job but with only 1 more thail working there and the rest of the work force english she has since by passed the A2 english test and obtained her B1 for FLR ,ps your wife sounds like mine lol after a ten hour day now sleep is important,in bed at 10 at night no later and up at 6.00am to cook her meal for the day and get ready for work at 9.00am its only a five min walk for her now

  9. #89
    Forum Dinosaur ไดโนเสาร์ Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Location
    Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat
    Posts
    6,336

    Default

    After a little translation - I agree with you Samsung. I noticed the same when my ex started working at a Thai restaurant - her English took 2 steps backward and this was a girl that had studied English at Uni.

  10. #90
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    10 Mar 2018
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    i think you have misunderstood me a little ,i wish you and your wife all the best ,it is a difficult move for thails to come to the uk ,it was something i noticed with my wife when she worked at a thail supermarket for 6 months last year the first year she was here she did a lot of english classes and then she managed to get this job, by meeting and talking to thails at the local market ,but as it was a thail supermarket and working with thails her english went backwards as they was speaking thail all the time .Back to the market were a lot of thails go and the local thail temple she found another job but with only 1 more thail working there and the rest of the work force english she has since by passed the A2 english test and obtained her B1 for FLR ,ps your wife sounds like mine lol after a ten hour day now sleep is important,in bed at 10 at night no later and up at 6.00am to cook her meal for the day and get ready for work at 9.00am its only a five min walk for her now
    OK my friend I will bear it in mind when I introduce her to the group. I'm due to visit the temple on my return for holiday so I will raise the point that obviously I want her to ha e the opportunity to use and improve her English. It will be important when it comes to the A2, and later on the B1 tests.

    Quote Originally Posted by PEL2112UK View Post
    My wife is kind, and very funny. She has a beautiful heart, an almost child like innocence, but is streetwise, and from a good Budhist family. The thought of doing another person a bad deed does not even enter her head.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    ps your wife sounds like mine lol
    Yes I think we can count ourselves very lucky, a good Thai woman is a very special human being, and something to be treasured.
    Last edited by PEL2112UK; 28th Apr 2018 at 02:32.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 15th Sep 2011, 22:04
  2. Pattaya Guide Books Available
    By Wolfy in forum Classified Ads
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2nd Sep 2010, 17:16
  3. Etiquette guide for gay monks
    By dan&ploy in forum News and Views
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd May 2009, 04:26
  4. Pattaya April Guide Books
    By Wolfy in forum Classified Ads
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th Apr 2009, 22:46
  5. Guide to Right of Movement around the EU/EEA!
    By John in forum Schengen and Other Visas
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 16th Mar 2008, 06:14

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •