Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NATURALISATION of a Spouse of HM Forces

I wonder if any of you legal eagles could help me out on interpreting this

I am going to apply for naturalisation under crown service rules.

If you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen who is in Crown service or asimilar service, there is a possible alternative to the 3 year residential qualifying period. To
    apply on this basis you will need to show that:
    • On the day you apply your husband, wife or civil partner is working outside the UK
    either in Crown or designated service.
    • Your husband, wife or civil partner should have been recruited in the UK to that
    service.
    • Your naturalisation on Crown or designated service grounds should be in the interests
    of your husband’s, wife’s or civil partner’s employing organisation. The organisation
    should provide a letter to this effect.
    • If you are in the UK on the day you apply, you must not be subject to time restrictions
    on your stay.
    • You were not in the UK in breach of the immigration laws during the period of 3 years
    immediately before applying.
    Your marriage/civil partnership should have lasted 3 years or more
    Marriage or civil partnership to a British citizen in Crown or designated service is only an
    alternative to certain of the requirements about residence in the UK. You must still satisfy the
    requirements about character, language skills and knowledge of life in the UK and, if you have
    been in the UK, you must comply with the above requirements about lawful residence and
    freedom from immigration time restrictions.

Does this mean that i have to wait 3 years from my family ariving in the UK or 3 years from marriage???

Mick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is 3 years from marriage.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Post Thanks / Like

Tobias is all over it, thanks mate going to apply then in late Aug after our trip home to sunny Yorkshire.

Thanks

Mick

Post Thanks / Like

Another question for the legal eagles.

I have printed out the forms for Naturalisation and the from AN is for an adult. This has Crown service rules on it.

I have also printed form MN1 which is for children under 18 out which does not have a box ticking for crown service rules.Can i naturalise all of the family in one go or should the wife be done then the children later or apply for them all under thses rules.I have tried to speak to the Naturalisation people in liverpool but when you go through the options it says send a email which i have done. You then get an automated response that goes out to every one. So in essence you cannot speak to anyone. i am also going to naturalise every one from Germany through Dusseldorf as at this present moment in time this can be done.

Mick

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 9851colle View Post
    ...i am also going to naturalise every one from Germany through Dusseldorf as at this present moment in time this can be done.
    Blinkin' heck, there are 80 million of 'em. That'll cost you in the region of £68,000,000,000 at the going rate!

In all seriousness, you have the correct froms, i.e. AN for your wife and MN1 for the children. Children aren't 'naturalised' but 'registered' as British citizens. On the assumption your wife and her children apply at the same time, the outcome of the children's applications will be decided by the outcome of your wife's. In other words, if your wife's succeeds, then in all likelihood, so will the children's.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mick

Another question for the legal eagles.
    It's probably better not to ask a general question directly of a single member or group of members. Scores of people who could have easily answered your question may have been discouraged from doing so because you addressed it to "the legal eagles".

Anyone?
    Please wait 24 hours before "bumping" your own posts. 3 hours is an unreasonably short time to expect a reply, especially as you yourself had drastically limited the number of people to which your question was addressed.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Many thanks
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Post Thanks / Like

Paul,

Your advice is taken on board.

The reason i adressed it to the legal eagles is due to the circumstances. I don't think that there will be many people on this forum who have had thier family naturalised under crown service rules.

Mick

Post Thanks / Like

Having dramas filling out the MN1 form any help would be great.

First question 1.1 yes stuck at the first hurdle. Please indicate the section of the British Nationality act 1981 under which you would like the application to be considered.

qestion 1.21 details about the boys farther we only know his name, what should i put??

Mick

Post Thanks / Like

Well nearly waited 24hrs now so Anyone help with this

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not being funny, but members aren't at others' beck and call. It is not good form to demand answers. No-one who contributes to this forum is under any obligation to impart information. They choose to do so at their own discretion.

The 'legal eagles' also have spouses, kids, mortgages and bills to pay. As you expect to be paid for your honourable service to the UK, so do the 'legal eagles' for addressing case-specific immigration and nationality issues. If you want general advice, then I can direct you towards the relevant law:-

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61

But if you want someone to fill a form in for you over the internet on a question-by-question basis, using their time and knowledge, then that's when you have to cough up.

Post Thanks / Like
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not been funny either, and i don't expect anyone to be on my beck and call as you MERSEY MIKE PUT IT. I was stuck on a few questions and asked for some help has as others in the past. There is a point to note her and that is although i an not qualified to give help i still take my time to answer when i can.

Thank you vinny for you post and time, that has helped me.

Post Thanks / Like

MM, that is one of the most obnoxious posts I've ever read on these forums. Totally unnecessary
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not been funny either, and i don't expect anyone to be on my beck and call as you MERSEY MIKE PUT IT...
    Such an assertion is not supported by your 'bumping' of your own posts. That you do so gives the impression of being demanding of answers, and is redolent of narcissism.

Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person.
    Keith is entitled to hold his view of the obnoxiousness of my earlier post, but doesn't define why he finds it obnoxious. Until he does so, I can neither agree nor disagree.

Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

MM, you should feel honoured to have the opportunity to assist a man who believes the whole world revolves around him. In fact, you should pay him for the mere privilege to be at his beck and call, and complete all the naturalisation forms for him for free. Come on, no self-obsessed man should have to wait more than 24 hours for free advice and assistance in family matters of such importance!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    MM, that is one of the most obnoxious posts I've ever read on these forums. Totally unnecessary
    I don’t know if I would call this post “obnoxious”, but having been on the receiving end of a similar post by MM would say it is overly and unnecessarily strong and aggressive to a chap who is clearly confused and under pressure. A simple “we help you out with the benefit of our professional expertise as a favour in our free time, if you consider we take too long to come back to you we suggest you employ a lawyer” would have sufficed I am sure.

It certainly does not fall under what I would describe as respectful, responsible, polite, constructive or tasteful.

S

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merseymike View Post

Keith is entitled to hold his view of the obnoxiousness of my earlier post, but doesn't define why he finds it obnoxious. Until he does so, I can neither agree nor disagree.
    He does not have to, your previous quote about Narcissists, just cements why your post is obnoxious.

Narcissistic is also a disorder in which the individual is described as being excessively preoccupied, you just make them out to be an, awkward and difficult person.

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Since when has possessing a sustainable opinion been 'obnoxious'?

'Narcissistic' is an adjective. The disorder is 'narcissism'. The rest of your post is so littered with grammatical errors that I won't pretend to understand it. But, hey, that might be my fault.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merseymike View Post
    The rest of your post is so littered with grammatical errors that I won't pretend to understand it. But, hey, that might be my fault.
    I would not expect you or anyone to understand my posts, my education was littered with errors, I am honest.
    I was under the impression the forum is a place to help those in need, or has it become a place to belittle those in need, seems more the latter lately.