Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Settlement Visa hard so visitors visa meanwhile?

Thanks to this gov i can't afford to bring my (should have been wife) back to England on a settlement visa.I'm furious,she will be sad to say the least when i tell her.I wanted marry her , but how can you be close to someone who is on the other side of the world? Anyway,i'll still show her some of the delights England has to offer. I'm thinking of a six month tourist visa.Any advise would be most welcome , as always.

Post Thanks / Like

Peter, I think if you put a proper title on your thread instead of your name you might get a few answers on the subject

Surely the Government are not preventing you from marrying her, you can still do that so no need to disappoint her on that subject.
    Champions 20|13

Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks, getting married is what we both want .Who knows what will happen in the future?

Post Thanks / Like

Which part of the rules stop you from bringing her over on a settlement reason or is it just the costs?

Whichever part, you need to get motivated and overcome it, or she does if it's the English language requirement, then you'll both be better off :-)

It's similar to me saying I want to live down South in the UK, but thanks to this gov I can't afford to :-(

Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the cost of earning at the minimum 18,600 a year. Im not on that money . I can afford to keep her on my wage. The figure that the gov has come up with shows that they don't have a clue. I'll get her back even if it's only for a short time.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you not earn £18,600?

Get Two jobs if you need too.

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the op lives in an area with not many opportunities or maybe in a lower paid profession. A friend of mine and his wife have applied for a settlement visa on 5th July 2012, he would not pass the financial requirement of £18,600, he earns £15,000, he 49 years old.

You seem to be making lots of sweeping statements recently, not everyone is fortunate enough to earn £18,600.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prioritypress View Post

Get Two jobs if you need too.
    I give up.

Whilst I agree I am cynical in the extreme...I am not the "snidey" so-and-so you make me out to be!
    As you might say:
    Gordie T Geordie

Post Thanks / Like

I've got to to find a lower paid job then
    Champions 20|13

Post Thanks / Like

What I find unfair about the financial requirements is the 'all round' disparity with regards London/Southern wages compared to other regions in the UK.Within the company I work for a London based engineer would receive a 'london weighting' on his pay,and whilst this is understandable due to the living costs down 'sarf' it still doesn,t make it fair in situations like this.
    BTW..I could have 4 kids on my basic and pass the requirements...but if I had 5 kids I,d have to live in London!!

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTG View Post
    I give up.

As you might say:
    GTG - you can earn £18,600 in McDonalds!

My wife's first job in the UK is £19,970 plus commission!

I also know plenty of people (admittedly Poles and Brazilians and even Thais with two jobs...maybe they have some sort of work ethic?)

Typical attitude of people who take no responsibility for their own actions/lifestyle.

They have enough money to travel halfway around the world to Thailand on holiday but no money to bring the "wife" over?!!!

Jokers...Need to get their priorities in order...or it must be everyone else's fault..

Probably all Labour voters!

Nick
    Last edited by prioritypress; 17th Jul 2012 at 22:38.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, give the guy some slack - and there's not a McDonalds within 15 miles of where I live! We know nothing of his personal circumstances and its up to him whether he wishes to expand further. I can think of a whole host of reasons that could affect a persons abilty to work/earn more.

The bigger, moral question, is whether that inabilty to reach such a threshold should impact on someones ability to live with / marry the spouse of their choice? Practicalities are finally kicking in and that by and large, is as a result of this Govt's approach to reducing immigration. But that won't change with a change of Govt. So it won't go away.

A difficult situation for the O/P and none of his making - he's just a victim of politicians follies - and I don't mean the current Govt's actions, although they have settled on a pragmatic, soft target to help achieve their aims.
    Last edited by caller; 17th Jul 2012 at 23:22.

Post Thanks / Like

On this topic, I would also fail with the new financial requirements.

What relevance is Labour voters to the subject?

And before anyone posts anything, I have voted Conservative all my life!

Post Thanks / Like

GTG - you can earn £18,600 in McDonalds!

I also know plenty of people (admittedly Poles and Brazilians and even Thais with two jobs...maybe they have some sort of work ethic?)

Typical attitude of people who take no responsibility for their own actions/lifestyle.

They have enough money to travel halfway around the world to Thailand on holiday but no money to bring the "wife" over?!!!

Jokers...Need to get their priorities in order...or it must be everyone else's fault..

Probably all Labour voters!

Nick
    1. What a startlingly rude post.

2. What a startlingly unhelpful post.

3. What a factually inaccurate post. Yes I actually spent time I could have been cuddling the Mrs to find out that only McDonalds management hits that payscalehttp://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/whatmakesmcdonalds/questions/work-with-us/training/what-is-the-average-salary-of-a-mcdonalds-restaurant-employee.html
    and in any case even if you were right on that point a google search or a walk down the pub bight reveal the extent of low pay in Britain.

4. What a post full of assumptions and insults. Joker...work harder.... None of them remotely well founded so far as anyone can tell.

If you can help do so, if you can advise do so. If not stay on the non advice social and entertainment type threads.

There is absolutely no excuse or reason to "pile into" new members in the way you have done. It adds nothing to the community.

Richard
    It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Post Thanks / Like

It seems Mr prioritypress likes his facts and also likes to annoy/insult people, I thought after last nights and today's posts he would consider toning down his opinions and actually offer some help!

Post Thanks / Like

Practical Steps

Peter. What would you estimate your earnings to over the next 12 months and more to the point what kind of earnings do you think your fiance might achieve. Also are there any relatives or good friends who might provide financial support in the equasion.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Fusion View Post
    It seems Mr prioritypress likes his facts and also likes to annoy/insult people, I thought after last nights and today's posts he would consider toning down his opinions and actually offer some help!
    Nothing wrong with (accurate) facts. Are you speaking for yourself or acting as a spokesman for a particular group?

Post Thanks / Like

Peter read the statement of intent, family migration June 2012. You can download a pdf from UKBA website, soi_fam_mig, there are 71 pages.

It's possible to achieve the figure of £18,600 by various means, it's not impossible, but a lot harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    Nothing wrong with (accurate) facts. Are you speaking for yourself or acting as a spokesman for a particular group?
    I always act alone, but if others agree, then that is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    I sugest that this is not on topic and that both of you Mr Tribal Fusion and Caller might want to read this post again

http://thailand-uk.com/forums/showth...hailand-UK-com Been going longer than facebook

Richard

Post Thanks / Like

Post #18, offering help on the topic, post #15, not offering help on the topic.