Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Member สมาชิก

I would like to thank Frogster on the guide, has been very useful in applying for visitor visa`s as well. In the guide it talks about 2 folders , 1 being copies for the retention by the embassy and is the 1 with the originals for the visa centre to check and hand back.

Member สมาชิก

I'm about to start the journey, thanks to this amazing thread & work, it seems a lot easier now.

To clarify two points,
    do the marriage certificates from Thailand need to be translated to English and/or certified by the MFA?
    and are both versions required (mine & hers) and do they have to be originals?

Thanks

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

do the marriage certificates from Thailand need to be translated to English
    Yes, along with any other "important" documents which are in Thai

and/or certified by the MFA?
    Not required for the visa application (we didn't have our translated marriage certs authenticated at the MFA). But is useful for other purposes in the future such as shengen visa applications etc.

and are both versions required (mine & hers) and do they have to be originals?
    One is just an addidtional copy, so only need to submit one. Yes supply the original certificate

Member สมาชิก

Thanks for this toddmeister, I'm preparing my half of the file, payslips, p60's, yada yada, but I'm in the UK so would like to send it to the missus direct (ring folder, emails, photocopies), I was thinking DHL, Fedex, etc for doing it, would anyone recommend it? I'm not concerned by cost, I'm just more concerned with it getting there so thats standard royalmail out, customs should stop a ring folder with paper in should they?

sorry for the questions

Member สมาชิก

Hi Guys,

My Thai GF is currently with me in the UK on a Visit Visa. We plan to fly back to Thailand and have a village ceremony marriage in early November. This will be followed by the legal side of an Amphora marriage in Bangkok and all the associated legal stuff to apply for the right of a wife to enter/remain in the UK which will give us a 30 month visa if successful.

Now to my question. Can all the legal stuff (she will already have the language A1) like Affirmation to marry, translations, Amphora marriage and TB test etc. be completed within two days if we pre-book the TB test in order to log the Visa application or is this unrealistic?

Also is it absolutely necessary to book the appointment at the VFS or is it possible to just turn up and wait to be seen? I ask this last bit because I believe you now have to pay for the Visa apps at the time of booking the appointment and of course given this is Thailand it is possible that something might go wrong with the other parts and this would cause a delay in being able to log the application and thus losing a lot of money because she will be logging 2 visa applications (1 for her son).

I know that this post might be a bit vague but I think I do understand all the requirements to get married in Thailand and the requirements of the Visa application but just don't know if 2 days in Bangkok is enough.

Probably not looking at past posts on this but I will leave those who married in LOS to answer your question as we married in the UK on a f/v. Good luck though.

colin 244
    I am not a number, I am a free man

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I would say that two days is not enough to get all that done...

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can all the legal stuff (she will already have the language A1) like Affirmation to marry, translations, Amphora marriage and TB test etc. be completed within two days if we pre-book the TB test in order to log the Visa application or is this unrealistic?
    Agree with Matt, probably doable if you're very lucky and every thing goes smoothly. Unrealistic....yes. I guess given the time frame your new wife won't be taking your name, new ID card etc?

Also is it absolutely necessary to book the appointment at the VFS or is it possible to just turn up and wait to be seen? I ask this last bit because I believe you now have to pay for the Visa apps at the time of booking the appointment
    All visa applications must be made online and an appointment is needed to submit supporting docs etc. So no, it's not possible to just turn up.
    Unless things have changed, you pay at VFS when submitting the documents not when booking the appointment stage

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks for this post toddmeister, a massive help to me as I put together the info for my wife to be.

Can I just check one point with the forum re the language qualification requirement.

My understanding is that for the initial spouse entry visa am I right in thinking that the requirement will remain A1, while for settlement / ILR its now B1 with the life in the uk test?

thanks again Charles

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Apologies to the original author Frogster, I also meant to thank you for the main post which is a god send. I think the stress is kicking in as I am due to head off on Friday...

If I can check my point with the forum re the language qualification requirement.

My understanding is that for the initial spouse entry visa am I right in thinking that the requirement will remain A1, while for settlement / ILR its now B1 with the life in the uk test?

thanks again Charles

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charles5555 View Post
    ... My understanding is that for the initial spouse entry visa am I right in thinking that the requirement will remain A1, while for settlement / ILR its now B1 with the life in the uk test?
    Yes, that is correct.

Posted from an iPhone so what you read may not necessarily be what I typed!
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks to frogster for providing such a brilliant source of information in the first place.

Hi guys

I am currently in the process of gathering the documents required to apply for a spouse visa and I would greatly appreciate some advice. I have a few specific questions, but first I think it would help if I provide some background information.

I have been with my girlfriend for 6 years and we shall be married in Thailand next month. We successfully obtained a visitor’s visa last year and she came to here to stay for 1 month at my parent’s house with me. I have spent 4 of the last 6 years living with her in Thailand and coming back to the UK to work on short term contracts. We satisfy all of the current visa requirements regarding finance, heath etc. and I will be coaching her for her English language test when I come back to get married.

We shall be living at my parents’ house initially until we get established and shall be looking to re-locate once we are sorted. I have the deeds, photos of the house, a letter confirming that the mortgage has been settled and a letter from the council confirming that the occupants including myself, are on the register of electors.

My questions are:

As we managed to satisfy the accommodation requirements for the visitor’s visa and the situation is exactly the same, should I be providing some sort of tenancy agreement or any other documents to satisfy the accommodation requirement?

Also when we made the application for the visitor’s visa, my parents and I provided notarised letters of invitation. Should we be providing similar notarised letters of support for the application this time?
    I also provided signed copies of their passport pages along with 6 months bank statements. Should I provide these updated documents again?

Any advice would be gratefully received as I paid a considerable sum to a well-known agency in order to secure the visitor’s visa, but in reality we did virtually all of the work ourselves and I am reluctant to pay another agency for some fairly simple advice.

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Update everything.

What about your finances?

Nick

Member สมาชิก

maybe worth updating the first post that the TB test is now 3300baht

Member สมาชิก

Guys, Do we still need to get the Thai marriage cert and other Thai documents (e.g. Wife's Birth Cert) translated into English?

I ask because I'm sure I've read somewhere on here that this is no longer necessary for the Visa application but can't for the life of me remember where I read it.

Thanks

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Can't imagine why you wouldn't have to do it any more...

Get it done as I think the BE will require it and anyway will be useful in the future so have more than 1 copy done.

colin 244
    I am not a number, I am a free man

Member สมาชิก

Thanks

Rookie มือใหม่

Frogster what a star you are. I found your advice invaluable and it was a great help in our application for my wife to accompany me back to UK, on a spouse visa. I found the British Embassy a very easy process and we were in and out with documents stamped within 30 mins. The worst part for me was the wait at Thai Mfa, waiting over 2 hours.

It was our first ever visa application submitted Aug 30 and visa granted first week in November.
    At Birmingham airport the officer asked no questions and said thank you.

Really pleased how my wife is adapting to UK life and the weather.
    following your guidelines there's no need to use an agency, unless exceptional circumstances.

Thanks again Frogster for taking the time to post your very helpful advice, it's much appreciated
    Pete and Nuengruethai

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Boydio's Avatar

Does the thread need updating to reflect the fact that applicants now also need to include the 'Appendix 2' document?

Blog Entries

Boydio, the topic needs a major overhaul. I am very busy at present but once I've got a few spare days I'll put together a new guide that will deal with the new rules, regulations and evidential requirements.

Frogster did a great job of assimilating and placing together in one place all the information forum contributors have posted over the years. You are correct, it is now a little out of date and needs to be overhauled and brought right up to date.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.