Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any reviews for Robins Nest Guest House, Pattaya?

Anybody stay at Robins Nest in Pattaya? I have had a meal there a couple of times and I heard they had rooms so I checked Agoda and it seems very cheap: BT797 for standard room and Bt956 for superior in Jan 2013.
    Any advice on this place would be very helpfull.
    Thanks in advance.

[MODERATOR EDIT: The subject title of this topic has been edited to clarify the topic’s subject matter. Please see this topic for more information regarding use of 'Subject Titles' when posting new topics in the forums. Thank you for your cooperation.]
    Last edited by Tobias; 21st Jul 2012 at 21:40.
    "I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy"

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์ the_link's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not stayed there, Brizza. Always look for the median review through Agoda and Tripadvisor. No reviews on Tripadvisor and only four on Agoda and only two are in English, one good and one not so favourable.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. You definitely get what you pay for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Goodish reviews for budget accommodation here by all accounts.

Phil.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment."

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have not stayed there, but noticed a few weeks ago when I was in pattaya that prices have been reduced in that area due to lack of visitors.... rooms that were 900 to a 1000 Bht were going for 550 Bht.... maybe a good time to book if you can keep that price.

However, I always stay at the new wing in the D-Apartment. but notice a new hotel has opened that looks very nice nearby LK Royal Wing.... I am trying it next time.

When I looked at it, it was discounted to a little bit more than 1200 Bht a night, reduced from about 5000 Bht a night, a good deal…. Trust me. You do tend to get what you pay for in Hotels, but can often get it cheaper than advertised...

Try here Asia Web Booking Site for a good deal at the LK Royal Wing, but you may get it even cheaper by just walking in.

Kev

Serial Poster ผู้โพสต์ต่อเนื่อง colin244's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My experience of walk in prices are they are higher than normal price Kev but what I do especially in BKK is send in wifey to book while I wait outside so we get the Thai price and then smile to myself as the reception people frown when I come in with the bags. No experience of Pattaya hotels though since I have not been there for a number of years

colin 244

Post Thanks / Like

Well reviews of sorts

Weird

Even Weirder

Normal

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/p...uesthouse.html

"noisy place full of uk characters"

The Hotels website

http://robinsnestpattaya.com/

Richard
    It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Post Thanks / Like

Not that I'm allowed in the city by wifey anway but not my cup of tea but in my early days in LOS we stayed in similar but it was a mates place in Soi 3 and with him and wifey (g/f at the time) was ok as I didn't know any different.

colin 244

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster1953 View Post
    I have not stayed there, but noticed a few weeks ago when I was in pattaya that prices have been reduced in that area due to lack of visitors.... rooms that were 900 to a 1000 Bht were going for 550 Bht.... maybe a good time to book if you can keep that price.

However, I always stay at the new wing in the D-Apartment. but notice a new hotel has opened that looks very nice nearby LK Royal Wing.... I am trying it next time.

When I looked at it, it was discounted to a little bit more than 1200 Bht a night, reduced from about 5000 Bht a night, a good deal…. Trust me. You do tend to get what you pay for in Hotels, but can often get it cheaper than advertised...

Try here Asia Web Booking Site for a good deal at the LK Royal Wing, but you may get it even cheaper by just walking in.

Kev
    Thanks but I was really looking for advice from someone who had stayed there. I'm booked in at the Areca Lodge across the road from Robins Nest.
    By the way I looked at Asia Web Site and for Robins nest thay have a price of Bt4,278 crossed out and a price of: from Bt796 Bit worrying that as it's no way worth that price at over 4,000 per night
    Not many are.
    "I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy"

Post Thanks / Like

I always liked the Areca in my Pattaya Holiday days. decent pools , central, decent rooms etc.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colin244 View Post
    Not that I'm allowed in the city by wifey anway but not my cup of tea but in my early days in LOS we stayed in similar but it was a mates place in Soi 3 and with him and wifey (g/f at the time) was ok as I didn't know any different.

colin 244
    Hi Colin, Why aren't you allowed to visit Pattaya ?

Post Thanks / Like

Areca is nicer. The biggest problem with Robin's is the noise and foot flow in and out. If you do want to change I can recommend a similar place just on the opposite soi - Soi Linky. It's called the Banana Cafe, next to an Italian restaurant. Very quiet, brand new rooms and only about 700bt per night. Take a walk and look at the rooms. Really impressive when I stayed there.

Ban Na Jomtian, Chon Buri, Thailand, Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

We have booked a night in Jomtien this Sunday. The hotel we have used before ... Furama. Every room has a sea view ... Nice hotel and a buffet breakfast. 1190 baht. Booking.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by te2008 View Post
    Hi Colin, Why aren't you allowed to visit Pattaya ?
    I will rephrase that slightly te2008 "I am not allowed to go there without the wife" but anywhere else in LOS is ok.

colin 244

Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I stayed there about 2 year ago, we would never stay there again. Far to much noise in the early hours from the bar opposite and the wife didn't like the way the manager spoke to the staff in the bar area. He should have taken them to one side in private if they had done something wrong ?
    Although the rooms were quite clean, the wife had to spray the mattress for bugs after being bitten .

Post Thanks / Like

......and enough please on this thread ( and others ) of the discussions about Cowboys and Cats.

Family Forum remember?

Richard

Post Thanks / Like

It looks cheap and old and in a horrible part of Pattaya !!! Enough said !!! Lol