Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Post Thanks / Like

Brick wall CERTIFICATE OF NO IMPEDIMENT..can this be translated/stamped in england???

Hi everyone. Just a quickie. Does anyone know if i can get my certificate of no impediment translated into thai here in england before i go over to thailand? Me and my wife married earlier this year (buddhist ceremony) but as she was heavily pregnant and for timing reasons we/i was unable to travel to BKK to go to the embassy and consulate to complete the documentation and legalize the marriage.
    I see there's a thai consulate in hull.....? Is this possible anyone? After it's been translated, i have to get it stamped (so i've heard)..can this be done here???
    I HOPE SO!!
    Thanks in advance guys...
    Daniel.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can but why not try the Royal Thai E mbassey in London closer to you than hull they will translate documents for you about £10 per page and will stamp it as well. You can use Hull if you wish.
    dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou Db1......so would this mean i could avoid BKK altogther? and just take the translated/stamped document to our local registration office in Ubon Ratchathani to complete/legalize our marriage??

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan, what certificate are you talking about mate?

The only way you will get an affirmation of freedom to marry that the Thai authorities will accept is in Bangkok.

It says here http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/he...ster-marriage/

"The Thai authorities require that any foreign national wishing to marry in Thailand must obtain an “affirmation of freedom to marry” document. The affirmation must be made in person at the Consular Section of the British Embassy in Bangkok or Honorary Consuls. It is not possible to obtain the affirmation from the United Kingdom in advance "

There's no way round it mate. And you need a translation stamped by the MFA, which is also in Bangkok.

It takes two days in total, although you might be able to get it done in one if you get to the embassy early enough.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

I replied in detail on you other thread big man

( :

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Biff...i've been reading up on the FB messages you sent me....feeling a little more confident about it all now....and this site is great mate.Everybody is so helpful.Loving it!

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll be fine mate. It's a bit of messing about, but quite easy really. I got all the information for everything I've managed to do for our wedding and the visas that Bow has had from the great people on this site.

There's so many different versions from different places, but honestly, not one single thing that I learned from the people here was wrong. Everything was spot on mate.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got to do this run round Bangkok in a few weeks as well to get my Affirmation to marry.

I'm hoping I can do it in 1 day! Good luck to you mate.

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by db1 View Post
    Yes you can but why not try the Royal Thai E mbassey in London closer to you than hull they will translate documents for you about £10 per page and will stamp it as well. You can use Hull if you wish.
    Hi db1, have you had personal experience of using the London embassy for translation and certification? I need my marriage certificate translated and certified for a Schengen Visa (because I forgot to photocopy the one I got done in Bangkok and the UK embassy kept it ). I emailed Hull a day or two and they haven't replied (I'd previously thought they were good and quicker than the London embassy in most things).

Post Thanks / Like

LWTG, call them its much easier the number is +44 1482 581668

Mick
    Nec Aspera Terrent

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I've just found out that they don't do the certification/legalisation part anymore, just the translation. You now have to get that done at the London embassy.