Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

hi all , hope u r all well and in good spirits (not me-kong) I post this message hoping somebody has the answer . I will be going to court on the 20th and my lawyer dos not speek english , will i have to give evidence or will my lawyer do all the talking for me (i have a thai friend but he lives in kk and court is bk ) divorce case

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by tom oil:
    hi all , hope u r all well and in good spirits (not me-kong) I post this message hoping somebody has the answer . I will be going to court on the 20th and my lawyer dos not speek english , will i have to give evidence or will my lawyer do all the talking for me (i have a thai friend but he lives in kk and court is bk ) divorce case
    ....^___^....

This divorce case of your are taken in Thailand??, ( i guess it is), Dont worry if the court is in Thailand, Because thai court is due with thai language, But somehow if their need to use English language,Prosecutor will find the way to speak to you.

....^___^.... Good luck

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

there are Thai translators in KK and in BKK that can help you and your Thai lawyer to resolve your case

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Your lawyer is meant to represent your best interests. How on earth you could have instructed him in the first place without being able to communicate is beyond comprehension.

I don't know how things work in Thailand, but in the UK, you'd have a court-appointed interpreter to undertake a simultaneous translation from one language to the other.

Perhaps be prepared for the worst on the basis that it you do not understand what's going on, then you can't be sure that your lawyer is fighting your corner.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Merseymike:

I don't know how things work in Thailand, but in the UK, you'd have a court-appointed interpreter to undertake a simultaneous translation from one language to the other.
    Yes i agree, but not in thai language.. for sure..!!

.....^___^....

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Gee's:

.....^___^....
    Why do you say that?
    Gordie T Geordie

Post Thanks / Like

I will be going to court on the 20th ... divorce case
    Hi Tom,

Sorry to be so nosey, but could you (if you are comfortable doing so) give us some details of the lawyer you are using?

I see that on a previous thread someone suggested Sunbelt Legal Advisors. Did you use them?

The reason I ask is that I live in Bangkok and my Thai wife, separated for 2 and a half years, lives in the UK and I'll be looking for a divorce myself as soon as I can aford it!

I hope she'll come to Thailand and do it the easy way because I understand that getting it in Thailand and through a Thai court is a long and costly affair.

How has your experience been so far? When did you first see the lawyer? How much have you had to pay etc?

Sorry I can't help with your specific problem. It's a terrible way, I know, to respond to your request for help! Sorry! But I'd love to hear your experiences if you're willing to share.

All the very best and good luck,

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by GTG:

.....^___^....
    Why do you say that?
    ...^__^....

What did i say Wrong????

Post Thanks / Like

What did i say Wrong????
    I was just asking why you say that they would not receive simultaneous translation in Thai language .. "for sure"!! Do you have personal experience of that assistance being denied to you or a friend?
    Gordie T Geordie

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

hi all just back from "court " the reason for the "mark , is the fact that it was not court as there has to be a course of meadation first so we spent 2 hours talking to a court lay-judge (did not go well ) as she wanted information from me and the only other person in the room that could speek english was my wifes lawyer!! . but it was not resolved this time and we will be doing the same in june (ps the other half is talking of alamoney has anybody come across this b4 ) will keep u informed pps marcus I not sure if this lawyer is any good for recomendation as for court costs 31000 lawyer fee 100000-130000

Post Thanks / Like

pps marcus I not sure if this lawyer is any good for recomendation as for court costs 31000 lawyer fee 100000-130000

Looks like I won't be going down that route!

Thanks Tom, and all the very best,

Post Thanks / Like

(ps the other half is talking of alamoney has anybody come across this b4 )
    AFAIK, the concept of alimony doesn't exist in Thailand.
    Gordie T Geordie