Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default UK TV in Thailand

I know there are several options for ex-pats to get live UK TV abroad, but a friend of mine recently put me on to this one which I've found to be particularly useful and reliable.

Whilst there is an optional 490 baht/month subscription for 13 channels, they currently have 6 channels available completely free of charge, no registration required:

Sky News
    BBC One
    BBC Two
    4 Film
    itv1
    itv3

To get UK TV, first download and install their program on your PC from here:

http://122.155.6.210/UKTVSetup.exe

Once installed, run the program and enjoy UK TV.

All channels are streamed "live", about 5 minutes behind real time. There's also a program info display from which you can select and play any program from the last 5 days.

I'm currently watching a replay of Saturday night's BBC2 transmission of Top Gear.

Their website with full details can be found here:

http://www.uk-tv.asia/

NB. Thailand-UK has no affiliation with UK TV and gains nothing from any subscription you make. Any issues with their paid service should be addressed directly with them.

If you use their free service: Remember, anything better than nothing is more than you've paid for.

uk-tv.jpg

Enjoy.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ sumrit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using it for a few months now Paul. It's a good service with good quality streaming.

The thing I like best about it is that you can either watch live TV or watch any program you want to over the previous five days with their catch up system.

You can also record any program and store it to watch at your leisure in the future.

It's the best terestial UK TV provider I've come across so far.

On a totally different note I've just noticed my Chonburi FC avitar has changed to their new badge without me changing it :confused::confused: Admin Edit: Question moved here.
    Last edited by maokaang; 25th Feb 2013 at 08:12.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A piece of cake to set up and I've had it for a while; an excellent service. The deal has changed since it first started. It was originally 800฿/month with only BBC News and CBBC as free samples. I get 14 channels - the 13 listed + Sky News for some reason.

490฿/month or a 3 month deal for 1470฿ ???
    Phil.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this. Only problem is our house now full of Emmerdale & Corrie !! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phetchy View Post
    490฿/month or a 3 month deal for 1470฿ ???
    Yes, that "deal" confused me too. TIT.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Post Thanks / Like

Must be added value for the longer months of July and August ;-)

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ johnb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Paul, have followed the simple instructions and installed UKTV. Had some probs with buffering breaks this morning but seems to have settled down now. Just watched Brian Cox 1 hour programme without interuption.
    Wonderful to be able to choose any programme from the last 5 days.
    I am also looking forward, being a tennis freak, to Wimbledon fortnight where BBC is the only channel it can be seen on.....
    nao faz mal means mai pen rai

Serial Poster ผู้โพสต์ต่อเนื่อง colin244's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phetchy View Post
    + Sky News for some reason.
    Lots of packages over here throw in Sky News as well Phil so presumably SKY don't think they can sell it otherwise

colin 244
    I am not a number, I am a free man

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Just about to sign up for this for a month. I have been trying it out for the last couple of nights and reception seems ok. Strangely enough the free channels are probably the better ones!

Is there anything else out here that is a better deal?

If you want to pay by Paypal its 520 baht a month.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Buck View Post

Is there anything else out here that is a better deal?
    There's no other sites similar to UKTV that I'm aware of. There are various streaming sites available if you google them but they're all poor quality and a bit hit and miss on availability.

There are some P2P sites (three that I use) that are (free) membership sites where you can download a very good selection current of UK TV that's available to download within an hour or so of the program being aired in the UK. These sites also have an extensive range of of older archived programs available for download as well. And of course these sites are free to use.

I tend to use UKTV for all the programs I want to watch that are available there and download from the P2P sites for other programs i WANT that aren't available on UKTV.

Post Thanks / Like

I am using UKTV here in Surin on a daily basis. It is great.

In the last 24 hours I have watched Friday's 'Have I got News for You?' and 'Graham Norton' on BBC1, the European Cup Final on ITV and caught up with two episodes of 'the Tudors' on BBC2. All free of charge, no buffering problems and at times of day to suit me. Fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, having waxed lyrical about UKTV last weekend, today it has been kaput.....except for Sky News, nothing else will load. Looking back the other channels were available until about 19h00 yesterday after which point....zilch!
    Anybody else having problems? Is it a general problem, one specific to Thailand where I am based, or (paranoia!)
    unique to me?

Sumrit? Maokaang? Is it working for you guys?

Post Thanks / Like

Same problem at the moment. Yesterday and today are the first time I've noticed such issues.

Sky News went off at some point yesterday. It's back on today, and Film4 is working also.

BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 and ITV3 are all off at the moment. ITV1 and ITV3 seem to have been working up until a few hours ago as I can view some recent programs, but not the live stream. BBC1 and BBC2 have been off for many hours now.

Was looking forward to watching last night's Have I Got News For You, but can't.

Can't really complain as I'm not subscribed to their paid service.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Well, having waxed lyrical about UKTV last weekend, today it has been kaput.....except for Sky News, nothing else will load. Looking back the other channels were available until about 19h00 yesterday after which point....zilch!
    Anybody else having problems? Is it a general problem, one specific to Thailand where I am based, or (paranoia!)
    unique to me?

Sumrit? Maokaang? Is it working for you guys?
    Hi John, I just checked UKTV out and there does seem to be a problem with some channels. I can't seem to get BBC news, 1, 2 and 3 or ITV1 and 2 live. The other live channels work but some are slow to load. But I've checked some previous programs over the last three/four days from the channels that don't work and, at least the ones I checked, do work although again some seem slow to load.

Are these the same problems you're getting?

Just tried 'have I got news for you' Paul and I can't get it either.

Just spoke to a friend in Sri Ratcha and he's got the same problem as well.
    Last edited by sumrit; 1st Jun 2013 at 10:16.

Post Thanks / Like

Well chaps, I emailed the UKTV support and got a reply saying
    "we switch the free channels round from time to time, please see our website."
    The website is not clear but it looks like they have taken BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 and moved them into th subscription part of the deal. The just when I was looking forward, as clearly you guys were, to the latest HIGNFY.

Decision time....is it worth 490 a month to get BBC1 and 2 (don't care about ITV). With Wimbledon coming up, I might be tempted. As Jonie Mitchell once said, " Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone...."
    Last edited by Tobias; 1st Jun 2013 at 14:47.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Returned to Hua Hin this week and tried to use this website..so far been a waste of time...Get a picture but usually the start of the programme..and get the sound OK..but no moving pictures..so reluctant to throw away 490 baht when I can get BBC radio 4 much better..But miss Corrie.....sad git that I am!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Well chaps, I emailed the UKTV support and got a reply saying
    "we switch the free channels round from time to time, please see our website."
    The website is not clear but it looks like they have taken BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 and moved them into th subscription part of the deal. The just when I was looking forward, as clearly you guys were, to the latest HIGNFY.

Decision time....is it worth 490 a month to get BBC1 and 2 (don't care about ITV). With Wimbledon coming up, I might be tempted. As Jonie Mitchell once said, " Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone...."
    But both I and my mate in Sri Ratcha pay the monthly subscription John and it's still playing up for us as well so it can't just be that they're swapping the free and pay channels around .

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    Returned to Hua Hin this week and tried to use this website..so far been a waste of time...Get a picture but usually the start of the programme..and get the sound OK..but no moving pictures..so reluctant to throw away 490 baht when I can get BBC radio 4 much better..But miss Corrie.....sad git that I am!
    When did you actually arrive this week. You're not experiencing the same problems as we are and it sounds like you could have an internet speed problem. Have you checked your speed since you've been back?

Post Thanks / Like

UKTV now appears to be up and running again..............although some channels are still slow to load and buffer. And the programs from Friday/Saturday that couldn't be watched/recorded now seem to be available again.

Paul you can now watch 'have I got news for you', I've checked . Assuming it's still one of the free channels of course .

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I spoke too soon. I started watching Fridays question of sport. It started OK but now it's just buffering all the time and not watchable. The different channels are loading now though, which was more than yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maokaang View Post
    Yes, that "deal" confused me too. TIT.
    Asda today..............Nivea Shaving Gel down from £3 to £1.50 or 2 for £4..........TIE