Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Surinder Singh And Family Unity

The current spouse rules may make the alternative EEA route very popular for family members of British citizens.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

Yes its currently open to H.Y.S on the BBC site , go nuts people !!!!!!!!!

All caused by the stupid income rules never mind the other hurdles and on this note the "ring fenced" foreign aid given out by this country to people who can never come here, the lunatics are truly running the asylum

colin 244
    I am not a number, I am a free man

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

What does H.Y.S. on BBC website mean..?

I didn't know either, but generally good at working out Three Letter Acronyms, as work in IT, so having had my say, why don't you Have Your Say now and take a guess

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by colin244 View Post
    All caused by the stupid income rules never mind the other hurdles ...
    Nope, caused by a European Court ruling when interpretating the free movement regs for Mr Singh. At least this one benefits the Brits who want to take advantage of it
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Seriously, how many Brits do you think will be able to take advantage of this?

In theory, this is a great way around the British law...

...but living in the real world, people can not just up sticks pack in a job and go and live in Europe just to bypass immigration rules. It is just not practical.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Blog Entries

I don't care how many Gary, the important point is that people here realise the route is available to them. This is a positive EU benefit for British citizens - nothing theoretical about it. It is a legitimate, legally established route available to all Brits who are able to meet the requirements.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

...but living in the real world, people can not just up sticks pack in a job and go and live in Europe just to bypass immigration rules. It is just not practical.
    Yes its practical due to the impending changes in 2011 I upped sticks from France and moved back to the uk to make sure we missed the impending changes , sadly not in time to to miss the new language requirements for citizenship :doh

Given a choice of separation from my family I would use this route every time the only reason I paid for the immigration route was at the time it was 3 years not 5.

Also living in Europe is not a bad experience
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Yes Mr T I know it is a legitimate legally established route, that is not what I meant by "in theory" (which I thought was clear the way I wrote it).

Great, if 1 person uses this route it has served it's purpose and yes I agree with you, it is important for people to know this route exists.

All I am saying is it is just not practical for most people to use it so the majority of people reading this should not get their hopes up that they will be able to "bypass" the £18600 requirement.

Ash, you were already living in France so I don't see the logic in using my quote and saying it is practical to do.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    ... All I am saying is it is just not practical for most people to use it so the majority of people reading this should not get their hopes up that they will be able to "bypass" the £18600 requirement...
    But they will be able to bypass the £18600 requirement, the route is available to all, the only difficulty in practical terms is organising the temporary employment.

If you haven't got the magic £18600 income it's better than the alternative, isn't it?
    Tobias - โทเบียส

It is a method now frequently being used by Chinese, SE Asian, Asian people that have already gained citizenship. In particular, via France and Ireland where they can gain 'employment' very easily in the catering industry.
    Except for; they pay the employers to 'employ' them.
    A very cost effective method, legal, and successful way to circumvent lengthy and costly visa rules.

I agree with you Gary, very, very few of 'us' will use this system but the criminal side will exploit it as they do with all things that can make money.
    Judging others before you have met isn't a wise option.

Member สมาชิก

It may be more difficult for UK residents (wishing to bring their partners from overseas) to up-sticks and head to Ireland or elsewhere in Europe for 3 months or so but I believe this route could become very popular for British expats wishing to return with their partners . It is definitely a very useful option…one that I’m at least considering.

I see no difficulty in meeting the economic activity requirement since something as simple as self-employment via selling sandwiches or whatever at markets satisfies this and is open to everyone.

Where there's a will, there's a way!

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I don't care how many Gary, the important point is that people here realise the route is available to them. This is a positive EU benefit for British citizens - nothing theoretical about it. It is a legitimate, legally established route available to all Brits who are able to meet the requirements.
    No .... This is a positive EU benefit for everybody else in the world who wants to live in Britain.
    Which Brittish citizens can also use to live in their own country.
    What a joke !

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

Sorry it stands for "have your say" which means all the nutters get to explain why Britain ( in their opinion) is drowning under a sea of immigration and why this needs Mr Farage to do something about it. Its closed for comments now but i had a good few hours of teasing the trolls. Fun while it lasted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mbsk View Post
    No .... This is a positive EU benefit for everybody else in the world who wants to live in Britain.
    Which Brittish citizens can also use to live in their own country.
    What a joke !
    Everybody else? That really is nonsense. You might want to read the links again.

A British citizen has an absolute right to live in the UK without Surinder Singh.

It's fine to spit your dummy out now and again but please get the facts right beforehand!
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Member สมาชิก

Sure a British citizen can live in the UK without the Surrinder Singh policy WITHOUT his Thai spouse .To live here with her one would have to jump through the ridiculous hoops set out by the UKBA ,which in my previous experience is extremely harsh and applies, as I can see to ,British citizens only.....Why should a non UK citizen be allowed to live here with his Thai spouse with no pre-requisites..only a marriage certificate?( I'm not even going to mention the remaining family members)!!!
    The SS policy is a positive benefit for EU citizens ,which us British we can adopt to use in our own country....go figure!
    The problem here is that we all fight each other and not the problem......very British indeed !
    No I'm not spitting out my dummy ..just stating the facts.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Hi
    At the expense of sounding a little thick here, how easy would it be to get a shengen visa (I assume you need one) for a thai partner for France if you are not a citizen of that country, is the fact that you are working there enough?
    David

Member สมาชิก

One can huff & puff over it but the SS route is the result of European law (which has also benefited a great many British citizens who have now chosen to live in other European countries), of which the UK has little influence. UKBA obviously share your view but can do nothing about it. They have, however, the legal power to exercise the mandate of the elected government in respect of countries outside the EEA…and they are doing so. Unlike me (since I’ve been expat for more than the qualifying the 15 years and therefore, quite reasonably, have no vote in the UK), most of you have the ability to work towards changing the immigration laws through lobbying your MPs and exercising your vote.