Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thread: how long a wait

Member สมาชิก
    Rainham, Greenwich, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, me and our lass have done our visa application to bring her little lad back to England, she goes this Friday, (6/3/09) and has an interview booked for Monday afternoon.
    My question is how long realistically will we have to wait for a decision, when she rang this morning they said it could be a month, which is a big problem as she has a flight booked for 2 weeks later, any help greatly received. Thanks in advance.

Nick and Ay

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Current settlement visa applications do appear to be taking approximately one month to decide. Furthermore, the appointment on Monday will only be in relation to the submission of the application. It is possible that the visa officer will also want to interview your step-son's carer.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, will they ring his carer or will she have to travel to Bangkok from Ubon.

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

It's impossible to tell until it happens. There are four possible scenarios:-

1. No interview;
    2. A pre-determined list of questions asked over the telephone by an interpreter;
    3. A formal interview at the visa section in Bangkok; and
    4. A combination of 2 and 3.

If they do wish to interview your step-son's current carer, they will advise him/her of the date and time to attend the embassy.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike once again, lets hope its all straight forward, we have all docs in order ( i hope) including the sole responsibility which seams to be the key to it all, and he sailed through his TB test today as well. Thanks for the advise.
    Cheers Nick and Ay

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

if its any help 3 year ago my wife applied to bring her 2 kids over we went for 3 weeks holiday applied on the first monday and got an answer of yes ok the second monday, we added a letter saying we were only over for a short period of time, we went to local travel agent and got a pre flight booking for the 2 kids and showed that also, good luck

Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nick. I am hoping to go to Thailand this June/July to bring back my wifes lad. I am in process now of building his document folder.
    Can you advise on which application form I should use and what other type of documents should be include.
    Any assistance you and other memmbers can give would be greatly appreciated.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi dolphy, we used this http://thailand-uk.com/eve/for...4010002/m/9011072243 as our template to sort things out.

Hope this helps and I will let you know how we get on.