Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    There is no mention of an increase for family visas.
    Indeed, there is no mention of that at this time, as I noted previously. However I strongly suspect that the current £200 per annum figure which came into effect in April 2015 will be increased. It is easier politically for the government to raise revenue by going for the low hanging fruit of immigration fees!
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Member สมาชิก

Thankfully I/we are quite comfortable so these relatively minor increases wont be an issue, they're irritating but that's all and we'll only be affected if something seismic happens. I feel for people who'll be genuinely affected though.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

my wife has been in the uk just over 2 years and i would say in that time the increase in cost is around £1300 some rough figures in that time ,NHS surcharge £500 ,FLR £200,BRP card £20,ILR £400,A2 language test £100
    i would say thats quite a increase in 2 years in cost with changes to fees and rules

Member สมาชิก

Hi Guys,

I just dropped in with and update and a question

My and my GF married on 8th July and we all had a great day apart from my brother in law getting drunk and spilling something (God knows what he was drinking) all over me

So, we're now completing the FLR and I have a question pretty much straight away

When entering my wife's (sounds good doesn't it ) details do I enter her name as her married name or as the name that appears in her passport and previous visas?

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense but I just thought there might be a problem if the name I enter doesn't match her passport and previous visas.

DSC07734.jpg

Also...

The immigration health surcharge...

The form says I need to enter the IHS number... Is this included in the FLR fee or do I need to apply/pay separately?
    Last edited by ajscamera; 24th Jul 2017 at 14:19.

You need to pay the NHS surcharge first to get the IHS number. It's not included in the FLR fee!

Presumably you were married in the UK so FLR is for 30 months? The NHS surcharge is £500.

I used my wife's maiden name on the FLR form as it matches her ID card and passport.

As things expire my wife's married name will be used.

Member สมาชิก

Hi and thanks

I figured I should complete the form as per her passport and was reading the IHS requirements as you posted so the £500 is now paid and we have the number.

Member สมาชิก

Hi All!

KK has just received her FLR visa until April 2020 and she has her NHS number and Biometric card so we're all set now until the next one in April 2020.

So I now have a question about English tests.

She just has the A1 that she got in Thailand at the moment but I think she could bypass the A2 and go straight to B1. Is it ok to go for the B1 before applying for her second and final FLR and then take the Life in the UK test as a part of applying for indefinite leave to remain?

I read somewhere that a B1 is only valid for two years but also that an expired one could be used when applying for indefinite leave to remain so I'm a bit puzzled about if expiring is something to worry about or not and I wondered if you guys can anyone clarify. Is it ok to go for the B1 before April 2020 and then go for the Life in the UK test before applying for indefinite leave to remain?

As always, thanks for all of your help and advice.

Brick wall

Quote Originally Posted by ajscamera View Post
    She just has the A1 that she got in Thailand at the moment but I think she could bypass the A2 and go straight to B1. Is it ok to go for the B1 before applying for her second and final FLR and then take the Life in the UK test as a part of applying for indefinite leave to remain?

I read somewhere that a B1 is only valid for two years but also that an expired one could be used when applying for indefinite leave to remain so I'm a bit puzzled about if expiring is something to worry about or not and I wondered if you guys can anyone clarify. Is it ok to go for the B1 before April 2020 and then go for the Life in the UK test before applying for indefinite leave to remain?

As always, thanks for all of your help and advice.
    Not sure about the LITUK test but yes you can with B1. The worry for me is that the government might change the goalposts as they did after my wife took the A1 test which was supposed to be sufficient to take her through to ILR when she will need B1. They introduced the A2 before the next FLR. Yet another £150. Had I known they were going to do that I would have had her take the A2 at the beginning.

Member สมาชิก

Just in case things change I'll have to do some research closer to April 2020 but I just wanted a general idea for now and a friendly confirmation that going for the B1 for the second FLR is ok

Just in case things change I'll have to do some research closer to April 2020 but I just wanted a general idea for now and a friendly confirmation that going for the B1 for the second FLR is ok
    Yes it is.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

not so sure on this the b1 might only be valid for a certain lenght of time it can used if it was used in previous applications ie FLR then ILR but on its own it may only be valid for so long

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    not so sure on this the b1 might only be valid for a certain lenght of time it can used if it was used in previous applications ie FLR then ILR but on its own it may only be valid for so long
    We went to the local college the other day to look at an English course but the teacher said that KK's English is already above the level they'd expect to get people too so that course is no good. They said they'd get back to us with details of other courses but so far we've heard nothing from them.

We're struggling to find info on the B1 and if it's the answer or not at the moment and as usual the info out there is difficult to find, vague and possibly contradictory.

I think we'll have a break for a few weeks or months and then have another look at all this.

We've got the first FLR now so we're ok for a while. After a rest we'll need to find out what we need to get the second FLR and then the ILR.

We went to the local college the other day to look at an English course but the teacher said that KK's English is already above the level they'd expect to get people too so that course is no good. They said they'd get back to us with details of other courses but so far we've heard nothing from them.

We're struggling to find info on the B1 and if it's the answer or not at the moment and as usual the info out there is difficult to find, vague and possibly contradictory.

I think we'll have a break for a few weeks or months and then have another look at all this.

We've got the first FLR now so we're ok for a while. After a rest we'll need to find out what we need to get the second FLR and then the ILR.
    Not sure why you are having trouble finding information on the B1 exam. Take a look at this link for samples of the exam to see what is needed.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rinity+college

Before this year when on FLR you needed A1 to carry your wife all the way through to ILR when she will need B1. The Government changed the rules this and your will now need A2 for the second FLR and it's not much different from A1. It's just another £150.

My wife will also have to do A2 prior to her second FLR in April 2019 and I think it's better that she does B1. If the Government doesn't change the goalposts again she will be fine for ILR without having to take another test.

There's some helpful info about the Trinity College London B1 SELT here.

The Trinity site also includes links to video clips showing candidates taking the B1 test including a Thai candidate called "Jirat".

We're applying for FLR(M) in December. My wife took the Trinity B1 SELT in June and passed - she said that it was very straightforward. £150 for around 10 minutes. We had practised beforehand using the many practice resources on the Trinity web site.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton