Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ajscamera View Post
    I'll deffo come back and may need more help...
    and I'm sure people will be only to happy too.

I'd like to think I could contribute and help others but I'm not sure I can be of much use.
    I'm sure you can. You are going through the process and the latest knowledge is always useful.
    I think you will be surprised the little snippets of info you pick up and can pass on.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Member สมาชิก

Hi all and good morning

I few out to Thailand on 3rd April and me and KK few back to the UK on 17/18th and everything is going well. KK was a bit nervous about the questions at immigration as although her English is good she gets nervous talking to strangers and accents can phase her and her confidence can go but there was no need to worry as the woman on immigration just chatted nicely to her and waved her through

April in Thailand was so hot and so humid. I'd never experienced anything like it and the experience just underlined that there's no way that I can live in Thailand as my body was wrecked after just two weeks, me being a fair skinned, freckle faced, blue eyed northerner.

Anyway, we're taking our documents in on 10th May and the wedding is booked for 8th July. Sadly none of KK's family can make it due to work commitments but they all seem ok about it and are arranging visits for 2018.

We're just giving KK a little holiday to settle in and then we'll do the things that need to be done such as booking her into the Dr and Dentist and of course applying for the further leave to remain.

I'll be back to lurk on the site and help if I can and also to ask for help if we hit any snags but hopefully we're on the path to living happily ever after

A big thanks to you guys for helping and being a big confidence boost!

Thanks!!

KK in Thailand and in the UK cooking a big Thai dinner

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

I must say having been to the US recently how our Immigration staff (well the ones I've had) are so much more customer focused, polite and friendly etc. Arriving in New York enroute to Cincinatti on business I was greeted by an aggressive, sarcastic jobsworth - Christ knows what its like if your Thai and on a visit visa.

Member สมาชิก

I think this is the first time KK has met a female immigration official and maybe that was the difference. I think KK actually enjoyed the chat

Member สมาชิก

Hi Guys and I'm back again with questions as I'm suffering from confusion again...

We went to the local registry office to present our documents and we both had a little interview and all went well so the next event will be our marriage in July

After that we'll be applying to extend KK's with "Application to extend stay in the UK." I think... This one?

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-uk-form-flrfp

Please let me know if I've got this wrong.

I was sure we could do this on line and it says that we can in that link but I can't find a link to where we can do it.

Also KK's sister told her that she needs to pass a second English test, is this so? I've read the form in the link above for the 10 year route and I'll read it again but I didn't see a mention of another test in the 10 year route, only for the 5 year route.

Is there another test?

Can anyone save my brain ache and tell me where I can find the line application.

As before I'm amazed at how chaotic all this seems to be with so many similarly named visa processes

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Found the on line one https://visas-immigration.service.go.../family-routes

Member สมาชิก

After marriage you should apply on form FLR(M) if you want to use a paper form.

Member สมาชิก

Thanks. It's nice to have the confidence check It looks like I got the right one

One thing that keeps knocking my confidence is that KK's sister and friends keep chirping in with things we "have to do" and most of the time they're talking rubbish they read on the internet somewhere but KK gets convinced they're right and I/we have to check everything out and then probably discard what the sister/friend is saying.

I'll try and be more confident

Also KK's sister told her that she needs to pass a second English test, is this so? I've read the form in the link above for the 10 year route and I'll read it again but I didn't see a mention of another test in the 10 year route, only for the 5 year route.

Is there another test?

She is on the 5 year route and presumably she currently has A1? A1 is sufficient for the first FLR but A2 will be needed for the second FLR. I might be wrong on this one but it's the case for my wife. Somebody wiser will clarify. Currently B1 for ILR.

It's all to do with English improvement along the way and the Government recently changed the goalposts.

One thing that keeps knocking my confidence is that KK's sister and friends keep chirping in with things we "have to do" and most of the time they're talking rubbish they read on the internet somewhere but KK gets convinced they're right and I/we have to check everything out and then probably discard what the sister/friend is saying.

You have to learn to simply ignore them. It's not easy but you will drive yourself crazy. How many Thai women out there trying to get visas ask their boyfriends to stuff money into their bank accounts prior to a visit visa application and it's the worst thing you can do.

Just to put your mind at ease.

CEFR level A1 is fine for your wife's first FLR(M) application, just as rasg states. This is because your now wife was admitted to the UK on a fiancee visa. Home Office IDI Family Migration Appendix FM section 1.21 (published April 2017) sets out the A1 requirement in your wife's case:

"All applications for leave to remain where...last granted leave as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner: CEFR level A1..." (page 5).

The new May 2017 requirement for CEFR level A2 for FLR(M) applies to spouses when they have completed 30 months in the UK on the family route.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Member สมาชิก

Thanks guys, A2 for the second FLR(M) and B1 for ILR.

I'll look into both.

KK practices English every day and when she's with me her English is good but she lacks confidence and panics when talking to others and she sometimes goes to pot and reverts to saying "Yes" at what she thinks are appropriate points in the conversation so she'll need to get over that. She seems to do well in exams though and hopefully she'll do as well in the future as she did with the A1.

I'm lucky in that money doesn't seem to be an issue as she's from a quite wealthy family and she had a good well paid management job until she resigned to come to the UK. The family hasn't asked me for a penny and neither has KK. When I'm in Thailand everything is paid for including meals out and hotel bills when we're travelling and I don't need to put my hand in my pocket. The only issue I have is the drip feed of advice (most of which is wrong) from her well meaning sister and friends

Member สมาชิก

Just spotted this...

"On 3 November 2016, Immigration Rules changes for a new English language requirement at level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), announced in principle on 18 January 2016, were laid for those applying for further leave in the UK as a partner or parent, after completing 30 months in the UK on a 5-year route to settlement under Appendix FM. This new requirement applies to those whose previous period of leave expires on or after 1 May 2017."

Just to double check...

KK's fiancé visa expires at the end of September and we'll be applying for FLR(M) for the first time but I assume it's people who's first FLR(M) ends on or after May 1st who need the level A2 and we'll need it when applying for the second FLR(M)?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

confidence she will speak well around you but then worry in front of others ,my wife is the same ,but do check this site out at least once a week so much info and so many on here to help even thore it does get heated sometimes we are all in the same boat lol as long as it aint sinking off the coast of syria that is

agscamera
    Just reading about your partners ex Management job , chances are she may have went to Uni if she did a BA majoring in English or a MA taught in English may exempt her from English tests .... check the link , my Mrs had hers validated by UK Naric .... just a thought as the UK GOV keep changing their minds/goal posts for the tests often for no other reason than they can... https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
    bangkok mags

Quote Originally Posted by ajscamera View Post

Just to double check...

KK's fiancé visa expires at the end of September and we'll be applying for FLR(M) for the first time but I assume it's people who's first FLR(M) ends on or after May 1st who need the level A2 and we'll need it when applying for the second FLR(M)?
    Yes, if a spouse has been in the UK for 30 months on or after 1st May 2017 then he/she must have a minimum of CEFR level A2 for their FLR(M) application. Your wife entered the UK as your fiancee. You are now married and so she will not have been in the UK for 30 months when she applies for her first FLR(M) in September. As Appendix FM 1.21 says, her CEFR level A1 pass will be accepted for (and only for) that first FLR(M) application. As you rightly gather, when that first FLR(M) expires then she needs a minimum at level A2 for the second FLR(M) application. After that, it'll be a minimum at CEFR level B1 for her subsequent ILR application.

Just be aware, however, that things can and indeed do change. For example, the Conservative Party's newly published manifesto (page 54) states that they intend to increase the current £18,600 per annum minimum income requirement by an as yet unspecified amount for family visas. There is also a proposal to increase the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) for migrant workers and international students (page 67) but I note that there is no mention of non-EU migrants on the family route.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

wow tom hvent seen that best get my nhs charge paid quick might even vote labour after seeing this im sure if income level goes up it will be minimum as they have had lots of grief about this already but who is going to cahallenge them

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

If the Tories increase their majority - who's going to challenge them on anything?

Member สมาชิก

Hi Guys,

KK doesn't have any qualification in English from her college / Uni / professional working days, just the A1. In the past few days we've been looking at the A2 v B1 and I think she'll be going for the B1 but we have time to decide. Personally I think she can easily do it and it'll cut down on the hassle and stress of going for the A2 and then the B1 as even if the A2 is easy for her no doubt there'll be some stress in the process even if it's just waiting for the result. Anyway, it's up to KK but I think she'll go for the B1.

The money shouldn't be a problem. I know we can't know what future governments will do but hopefully things will not change all that drastically.

It looks like the Tories will be increasing the minimum requirement.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7742791.html

Yes, it is on page 54 of the Conservative manifesto. There are also proposals to raise the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) on page 67.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Nok View Post
    ... There are also proposals to raise the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) on page 67.
    Yes, but it appears it might only be increased for (bolding mine):

"And we will increase the Immigration Health Surcharge, to £600 for migrant workers and £450 for international students, to cover their use of the NHS. This remains competitive compared to the costs of health insurance paid by UK nationals working or studying overseas."

There is no mention of an increase for family visas.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.