Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

It sound like it but do the letters you intend showing them span the period of the visa from the beginning to the end? They are looking to show that the two of you have been living together.

If I remember you need six letters addressed to your wife or six to you and six to her. In your shoes, I would send what they need spread out over the period of the visa and if you can make them different. NINO, doctor, HMRC etc.

If there are letters with her maiden name and her married name, just explain why in your letter.

Member สมาชิก

Hi guys how many pictures do you think we should include. Would you recommend giving them a description and dating them to show a history of the last two years

I've always done that with any photos I've provided. 6 up on A4 and print on both sides. Date an location. Takes up a lot less room in the folders. They don't seem to encourage photos any more but I've always supplied a couple of sheets.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

to be honest i dont even know what i have they are going to get what i have ,as 2 recent FLR applicants have said to me prove your earnings, place to live, english test ,and pay all your fees you wont have a problem we will see in 3 months
    give over worrying about it to be honest its a joke

Member สมาชิก

What do you mean?
    My worrying is a joke or the application process is a joke.

I can't help but worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    give over worrying about it to be honest its a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by elcascade View Post
    What do you mean?
    My worrying is a joke or the application process is a joke.

I can't help but worry.
    I think he means the process is a joke.
    And if treated as such then he is doomed to failure.
    Have the commitment that this serious issue deserves and yes be worried, it will make you question everything you need to and make sure you cross all the t's and dot all the i's.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Member สมาชิก

Hi guys.
    I think I have completed the supporting docs and the paperwork. Just one massive favour for anyone who has recently passed this. Would anyone be willing to maybe video call with me on LINE to check through it with me. It's a big ask but it would ease my stress lol

Rookie มือใหม่

I checked online and my wife’s FLR M application has been decided. Just have to wait for the postman. If it’s successful I’ll let you know elcascade

Member สมาชิก

Good luck Mackem!

Elcascade I am about a year behind you, preparing for my wife's FLR (M) visa. Your thread has been helpful to me. I was going to start a thread of my own but I think it would duplicate a lot of what you have started here. So I am going to add my questions in here if that is ok.

1) I am struggling to get my wife as a joint name on many of our utility accounts. Using the tips I picked up in this thread, if I succeed in getting her name on these letters it won't cover the whole time we have been living here. Is that a problem and what could I do about that?

My wife's name is not on the mortgage because I had to get a joint mortgage with my brother in order to secure it. Her lack of credit history would have made the mortgage application fail, so I am told.

2) My wife came into the country on a fiancee visa, so she was already here when her 1st FLR (M) visa was granted. Her BRP was issued on 03/10/2016 and is valid until 06/04/2019 (30 months and 3 days, curious that 33 months was not granted). When will I need to apply? The issue I have is that I will be relying on self employed income and so need to provide a tax self assessment. I don't think I can get that by the new application date.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex and Enna View Post
    Good luck Mackem!

Elcascade I am about a year behind you, preparing for my wife's FLR (M) visa. Your thread has been helpful to me. I was going to start a thread of my own but I think it would duplicate a lot of what you have started here. So I am going to add my questions in here if that is ok.

1) I am struggling to get my wife as a joint name on many of our utility accounts. Using the tips I picked up in this thread, if I succeed in getting her name on these letters it won't cover the whole time we have been living here. Is that a problem and what could I do about that?

My wife's name is not on the mortgage because I had to get a joint mortgage with my brother in order to secure it. Her lack of credit history would have made the mortgage application fail, so I am told.

2) My wife came into the country on a fiancee visa, so she was already here when her 1st FLR (M) visa was granted. Her BRP was issued on 03/10/2016 and is valid until 06/04/2019 (30 months and 3 days, curious that 33 months was not granted). When will I need to apply? The issue I have is that I will be relying on self employed income and so need to provide a tax self assessment. I don't think I can get that by the new application date.
    As far as the addressed mail is concerned I have been getting various letters back from different places. Doctor. Dentist. EHIC health card. Council tax. Refused by Nationwide.
    First Direct Bank account - that has taken three months and it's still not through. I haven't bothered too much with bills. I just something new every few months.

As far as I know FLR only lasts for 30 months. If you get married in Thailand, the settlement visa lasts for 33 months. My wife's FLR also runs out in April 2019 but sadly she now needs to get the A2 language test. Grrr. You can apply up to 28 days prior to the visa's expiry date. I am self employed too and will apply in March 2019 and rely on my 2017/2018 accounts. Hopefully!

Member สมาชิก

rasg thank you for your reply. I remember following your thread that you started with your fiance visa over a year ago. It gave me a lot of encouragement!

So it looks like I will be applying in March then. Any idea what happens if you don't get an outcome by the time the visa expires 28 days later?

I spoke with my accountant today and he says we can shorten our tax account year so that the next period starts in January 2018 to end December 2018.

I started my business just 7 months ago and it is still in the growth stage. I have often wondered if I were to secure a business loan as a security to make sure I meet the minimum £18,600, would that impact my application? Just putting that out there for anyone that might have experience with this.

rasg thank you for your reply. I remember following your thread that you started with your fiance visa over a year ago. It gave me a lot of encouragement!

So it looks like I will be applying in March then. Any idea what happens if you don't get an outcome by the time the visa expires 28 days later?

I spoke with my accountant today and he says we can shorten our tax account year so that the next period starts in January 2018 to end December 2018.

I started my business just 7 months ago and it is still in the growth stage. I have often wondered if I were to secure a business loan as a security to make sure I meet the minimum £18,600, would that impact my application? Just putting that out there for anyone that might have experience with this.
    Good to hear that somebody reads my ramblings.

One good thing about FLR is they do give you time if there is a problem with your application but I don't know as I've never heard of anybody being knocked back.

If you borrowed money you would have to show it sales, surely? If you did that you would have to pay tax on it too. I don't know the implications but you need to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    As far as I know FLR only lasts for 30 months. If you get married in Thailand, the settlement visa lasts for 33 months.
    The 33 months is normally 3 months to get your affairs in order before leaving Thailand. As she was already in the UK then the FLR is only 30 months, as will the next one be, making a total of 60 months.

You can apply up to 28 days prior to the visa's expiry date.
    You can BUT be careful.
    You could find yourself falling short of time in the UK at the end of your next visa if a quick decision is made on this one.
    You are better off applying a few days before on the first visa and then apply 28 days before on the next one (making sure you will have accumulated the required time in the UK).

Any idea what happens if you don't get an outcome by the time the visa expires 28 days later?
    Nothing.
    While the application is in progress the applicant is treated as if they have a valid visa, until such time as a decision is made (one way or the other).

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    You can BUT be careful.
    You could find yourself falling short of time in the UK at the end of your next visa if a quick decision is made on this one.
    You are better off applying a few days before on the first visa and then apply 28 days before on the next one (making sure you will have accumulated the required time in the UK).
    Are you saying that the original six month settlement visa doesn’t add six months to the time spent in the UK? The way I understand it, at the end of my wife's 2nd FLR, she will have lived here, in the UK for 66 months. One "fiancée" visa and two 30 month FLRs.

The fiancée visa doesn't count towards the 60 qualifying months needed for ILR.

Para E-ILRP.1.3 of the Immigration Rules Appendix FM: family members applies:

"
    (2) In calculating periods of leave for the purposes of sub-paragraph (1) above, any period of leave to enter or limited leave to remain as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner will be excluded."

The 60 month clock for ILR starts when the first period of FLR(M) is granted after the UK marriage has taken place.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Nok View Post
    The fiancée visa doesn't count towards the 60 qualifying months needed for ILR.

Para E-ILRP.1.3 of the Immigration Rules Appendix FM: family members applies:

"
    (2) In calculating periods of leave for the purposes of sub-paragraph (1) above, any period of leave to enter or limited leave to remain as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner will be excluded."

The 60 month clock for ILR starts when the first period of FLR(M) is granted after the UK marriage has taken place.
    Thanks for the info and the link.

What about the seven weeks that it took for FLR to arrive? I applied for FLR for my wife a couple of days before her visa ran out. Just wondered as I can't see that on the link.

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    What about the seven weeks that it took for FLR to arrive? I applied for FLR for my wife a couple of days before her visa ran out.
    It took 7 weeks to arrive but when does her FLR visa start? That is the start of the 30 (60) months time frame.

Thanks.

Rookie มือใหม่

Well I’m pleased to say our FLR M application was a success. They received our application on the 22nd September (original visa ran out 6th October) and we received the visa back on the 9th November. The visa is dated from 7th November so we will have 64 months by the time it expires for ILR

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

excellant news congrats on new visa ,.elcascade no the whole thing is a joke application im stressting and worring about it .its proberly hidden by me from misses but yes it is something i could do without ,thats why i said its a joke im the same as you a worrying wreck lol