Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default visa for my girlfriend and my daughter and her son

I would like to know what visas are available to my girlfriend of 8 years and our daughter of 7 years and her son of 11yrs to come and stay with me in the UK . And also with the freedom for my girlfriend to work

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Patrick;261523]I would like to know what visas are available to my girlfriend of 8 years and our daughter of 7 years and her son of 11yrs to come and stay with me in the UK . And also with the freedom for my girlfriend to work

Welcome to the Forum Patrick.

The first thing that strikes me is you say YOUR daughter. If so then is she not British already and does not need a visa only her British passport.

A few questions first I'm afraid:
    Are you married?
    Are you looking at permanent stay or just a visit?
    If visit (she cannot work) you will need a visit visa.
    If permanent (she can work) you will need a Settlement visa, but there are many things associated with that so for the moment a response to the above and we can go from there.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi gary
    Thanks for your reply . To clarify things more for you l have a daughter with my partner mam and she is 7years old. Mam also has a son who is 11yrs. I know my daughter can have a British and Irish passport and then she doesn't need a visa. Just my partner and her son would need visas. Mam would like to stay here with me and she would very much like to work also. I aware that there are many requirements and there is where my problem lays. I rent a studio flat but my name is not on the contract so I have not proof of accomadation. I'm self employed and earn on average between 22and 25000 a year.I am really at a losse end to what i can do. Do you know if it makes it any easier having a daughter together. I know we are not married but have been together now for over 8 years. Is there any other visa that mam could apply for which would entitle her to stay and work. And do you know if my daughter was to come and live with me ,if i was to get married in Thailand would mam be allowed to come and stay with me and work because my daughter would need her mother around.we really want to be together as a family and it has been really getting me down as I am finding it so difficult to get any help with what options there is available to us. So if you can steer me in the right direction Gary I would be emensely gratful. ..
    All the best to you and Nok
    Thanks patrick

OK so daughter is sorted, just get the passport.

The fact you have a daughter together is not really here nor there I'm afraid.

You have been "together" for 8 years but have you "lived" together for that long, or is it just as and when you are there you live together? If not permanent then I do not think there is an option there.

Do you have an aversion to getting married?

If not then I would say that would be your easiest option.
    Get married (Amphur office) and then apply for a Settlement Visa for both your wife and her son (although the earnings rate goes up for 2 of them). If she came on a Settlement visa then she would be allowed to work.

Have you had a look at Frogster's guide? It's worth a read.

Two choices really. A Settlement visa where the two of you get married or an unmarried partner visa.

Getting married will make things simpler and getting married in Thailand means that the visa will last for 33 months and your wife will be able to work as soon as she arrives in the UK. If you chose to get married in the UK, the initial visa lasts for six months but she wouldn’t be allowed to work until the next visa has been granted.

Getting married in Thailand means nothing more than going to the Amphur and completing a few forms. No appointment needed! You will need to get an affirmation to marry. Somebody who has done it will no, doubt come along and tell you how to go about it. Anything you rely on to provide evidence for your wife's visa like your marriage certificate etc will need translating into English.

It's an expensive process and as well as the two visas you will need to pay £600 each for the NHS surcharge for each visa. Each visa will be $1518 US dollars each. Your GF will need an English language test and a TB test (3300 baht). Her son will need a TB test but I'm not sure if he will need an English language test too. Again somebody wiser than me on that one will chime in.

Before the visas expire you will then need to apply for Further leave to remain. 30 months later it will be Indefinite leave to remain.

You must also meet the financial requirement of:

• £18,600 per year if you’re applying only for yourself
    • £22,400 per year for you and one child

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ vanbobble's Avatar

I believe another important thing to consider is does your wife have sole responsibility for her son? If not then my understanding is that it will make it very difficult for her son to come here

My wife has a daughter who (for reasons decided by some Thai at the time) was to go and live with her fathers family when my wife and her former thai partner split up. As a consequence of this my wife cannot prove sole responsibility for her daughter and (it is my understanding) that her daughter would not be able to settle here..

If I am wrong on this please let me know.. as my wife would very much like to have her daughter come live here in the UK with us!

Member สมาชิก

I have the same problem. My wife's children live with her x husbands parents. Since my wife has been here in England the farther has stopped given his children any money, which now me and my wife do. I have also been told that the chance of getting her children a visa his very unlikely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi rasg you say I can apply for a unmarried visa. Can my partner work with this and how long can she stay with me and how much does it cost. And if we get married what visa is it that allow my partner to stay for 33months. And do i have to show proof of accomadation with both of these visas as you may have read I only have a studio flat.. I would be very gratful if you could give me information concerning what's needed for these visas. Thanks patrick

You need to prove that you have been living together for more than two years. Same as the marriage visa without the marriage and it's called a Settlement visa.

I gave you the outline and the costs in my post above.

Take a look here to give you an idea.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I would be very gratful if you could give me information concerning what's needed for these visas.
    The best thing to do is download the application form and read it, or as I have already suggested, have a look at Frogster's guide.