Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Time to fly out

Premium Member

Default Time to fly out

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crim...own-thai-flags

These two muppets had better find a way out of Thailand before they are caught or face a very serious dressing-down. If they are/were in Krabi it won't take long to track them down.

I hope they are caught and made to pay for it, mindless vandals with no respect!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PlymouthNick's Avatar

They have already been arrested and were on a video pleading that they were drunk and very sorry.

Drunk or not should be punished.
    No respect these days and if you do not have it then you need to be taught it, however harsh the lesson needs to be.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Two Italians ....
    bangkok mags

Two Italians ....
    Ian and Tobias ??

Wasn't me

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Drunk or not should be punished.
    No respect these days and if you do not have it then you need to be taught it, however harsh the lesson needs to be.
    And I though Alf Garnett was a West Ham fan...

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    And I though Alf Garnett was a West Ham fan...

Why not get them to stand from sun up to sun down (with no drink or food) saluting a flag, they won't forget that!
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Quote Originally Posted by KhunIanB-UK View Post
    Ian and Tobias ??
    Lol. You had me confused. Have only just read the article...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crim...ting-thai-flag
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Big AL's Avatar

Ian and Tobias. Funny names for Italians.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

While I don't condone it, I wonder how much Thai outrage, interest and resources were dedicated to this case as compared to things that really matter more.

My attention was immediately caught by this story more - http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...troyed-my-life . Deaths on the road, police corruption, lack of proper justice. What matters more? If a couple of drunken foreigners stamped on the Union Jack, would it raise 1/1000000th as much fuss as these things do in Thailand if another big story where people were actually dying and being wrongly imprisoned occurred at the same time? I suggest that we'd shrug it off because we're confident in what our flag represents. And that includes being concerned by things that really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by livingwithathaigirl View Post
    I wonder how much Thai outrage, interest and resources were dedicated to this case as compared to things that really matter more.
    Matter more to who? You, or the Thais?

To me, this quite obviously matters to the Thais a great deal, to you it seems a piddling little thing that should not even have seen the resource put in to looking at the CCTV to see who the culprits were.
    So good job this took place in Thailand and not the UK then.

If a couple of drunken foreigners stamped on the Union Jack, would it raise 1/1000000th as much fuss as these things do in Thailand if another big story where people were actually dying and being wrongly imprisoned occurred at the same time?
    The problem is that we do not have the sort of laws on the flag as Thailand does so how can you say that.
    To the Thais the Flag (and Monarchy) are everything.
    To us (most it would appear), unfortunately, the flag almost means sod all.

If it were me, any foreigners that stand on our flag or HAVE done worse, they have been seen burning it, then I would take extreme measures to say that if you do not like/respect our country, our flag, for what it stands then you will be removed from the country and shall not return.

Goes back to another thread about respect, if you don't respect the country you have chosen to live in/visit then what the hell are you doing there.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Originally Posted by livingwithathaigirlI wonder how much Thai outrage, interest and resources were dedicated to this case as compared to things that really matter more.

The Thais ? Some sections of Thai society are unlikely to care , but the establishment use the respect of the majority as a means of control. 2 drunks lose control and whilst I believe they should probably be flogged its hardly news compared to many other events happening in the same timeframe.

The flag ? in the UK means very little to some I guess because we have a multi cultural society and to the pink liberals the flag represents the enemy like the armed force veterans who fought to defend it and us , who our elected parliament are hell bent on harrassing and seeking to presecute for allegations of historic misconduct.

We don't do anything even when people pee on war memorials , kill our soldiers in cold blood (Lee Rigby) and on that point I agree we should deport them and if they have nowhere to go allow them to settle on Gruinard Island without a boat telephone or food
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Member สมาชิก

lets deport people for poaching, and chop off the hands of beggars while we are at it. Flogged for disrespecting a flag? get a sense of proportion and some humanity.

lets deport people for poaching, and chop off the hands of beggars while we are at it. Flogged for disrespecting a flag? get a sense of proportion and some humanity.
    If you mean me please note that beggars should be deported (If they are non UK nationals), poachers make great eggs . Try the above elsewhere in the world and you will find you get your wish.

As questioning my humanity when you find your brain try getting new batteries fitted then it may work again
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Agree with LWTG, Thailands all about being seen to do the right thing....just look at the pantomine when theres a murder...

Premium Member

The people here (UK) who denigrate our Union Jack don't seem to consider they are free to speak how they like because of the sacrifices ordinary men and women have made especially over the last hundred years.
    Careful what you wish for - people who are ashamed of our flag and constantly asking what it is to be British (I hear it all the time on certain radio stations), as you won't enjoy that freedom one day not too distant the way things are going.

Has anyone (alluded to above) considered why it is the poorer people in society are getting more and more patriotic? it's not because we're un-educated it's more to do with being constantly rode rough shod over by those who morally are supposed to protect us.
    Everyone in society loves the poor when they're fighting wars for them though.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Some would say that if a couple of idiots jumping on a flag while drunk does really matter much more to a nation than widespread police incompetence, corruption and injustice in their own land, perhaps those people have made their own flag a little dirty already.

People can visit a country and even like it without really respecting its values. I don't respect communism but I liked visiting Vietnam. (Not that I jumped on its flag...)

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by livingwithathaigirl View Post
    Some would say that if a couple of idiots jumping on a flag while drunk does really matter much more to a nation than widespread police incompetence, corruption and injustice in their own land, perhaps those people have made their own flag a little dirty already.
    Highlighting actions by stupid 'farang' probably takes peoples minds away from other issues?

Premium Member

Nail on head Marshall.

My wife told me of a story last week in which a 4 year old boy needed a pee whilst playing so did it behind a car on the wheel. The owner set a pack of his well-trained dogs to savage and maul the boy. Allegedly there are pictures of the lad with his intestines hanging out after the attack. The owner of the beasts...none other than a very high-ranking well-connected policeman. Haven't seen so much outrage in the news on that story.