Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: State Pension

Member สมาชิก

Default State Pension

I am 65 years old married to Thai lady and we have a 26 month child. My wife is currently on a flr(m) visa and has never worked in UK - she intends to find a job when the child is 3 years old.

I am in receipt of NHS Pension (I worked there for 38 years) and State Pension. When I die my wife will be entitled to 50% of my NHS Pension for the rest of her life.

Does my State Pension die with me ? - or is my wife entitled to any part of it.

Shall be grateful for any assistance in this matter.

David

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

By and large Government /Teachers /NHS Pensions usually pay 50% to the spouse on the death of the pension holder...however it may not be payable until she is 60.. Phone the pension company up to confirm..Pensions are extremely complicated things and even though she may get 50% of your pension value it does not mean she will get 50% of what you recieve monthly..First of all she is a woman and she is likely to live longer than you do and she is much younger than you so they may reduce the payments down to make the pension pot last longer..
    Your State Pension dies with you..Your wife should have time to build up enough credits for her own state pension..

Member สมาชิก

Thank you tudorowen1 - I will do as you suggest.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PlymouthNick's Avatar

I have a civil service pension and service pension . There is no mention of any age that a wife can be. She will get 100% of the pension for 3 months, then 50%. Also dependant children get a 1/4 of the pension. I would assume the NHS one would be the same. Link to details of civil service pension http://www.civilservicepensionscheme...april16-v1.pdf

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Any wife may get 50% of her husband's pension but if she is considerably younger than her spouse and the pension is already being paid it does not mean she will get 50% of what the deceased husband was receiving . She will receive 50% of the value of the pension but the pension company will reduce considerably what she will receive on a yearly basis because the pension company will expect a young wife to live for many years more and the pension is not being paid into so they will reduce the yearly amount by a large amount..

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PlymouthNick's Avatar

Government pensions are different, unless you have evidence to the contrary. These are paid at 50% whatever age the wife is.