Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default stepson (18) wants to leave on New British Passport - Thai passport not available.

The young man in question is 18 years old and has a new UK PP.
    however he entered Thailand some time back on his Thai passport.
    the Thai passport is lost/unavailable.

Can he leave Thailand on his UK PP without getting problems with Thai immigration?

Why not apply to get a replacement Thai passport? Will he not need another in the future?

As to leaving on his British passport I think there might be a problem as he will have no entry stamp in it so they will not know when he entered and therefore maybe subject to possible "overstay" problems.

Just my thoughts I do not know for sure.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Rookie มือใหม่

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Why not apply to get a replacement Thai passport? Will he not need another in the future?

As to leaving on his British passport I think there might be a problem as he will have no entry stamp in it so they will not know when he entered and therefore maybe subject to possible "overstay" problems.

Just my thoughts I do not know for sure.
    We are of course aware of the scenario you outline that is why I pointed out his passport is not available - replacement is not an option. This is why I'm posting.....

He has of course Thai ID so overstay isn't a problem....he is Thai/British - this is a new UK pp with no stamps.
    So there is already this problem - but knowing Thai immigration and how the law is or isn't interpreted, I'd like to know from anyone who has had a similar problem.

Well if he HAS to travel now then as far as options are concerned this is already a 'Fait Acomplis' and asking for advice will just complicate things.

If the Thai passport has indeed been lost then if possible report it to the necessary authorities.

When arriving at the airport check in using the British passport. At immigration he should show is Thai ID card along with the passport. Then explain to the officer that he entered Thailand on his Thai passport which he's lost and reported. Not much else he can do really.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Quote Originally Posted by Khunwilko View Post
    We are of course aware of the scenario you outline that is why I pointed out his passport is not available - replacement is not an option. This is why I'm posting.....
    Why is the 3-days normal waiting time for a replacement passport not an option?
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Blog Entries

He has of course Thai ID so overstay isn't a problem....he is Thai/British - this is a new UK pp with no stamps.
    So there is already this problem - but knowing Thai immigration and how the law is or isn't interpreted, I'd like to know from anyone who has had a similar problem.
    Why is a replacement Thai passport not an option?
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

where was the uk passport issued

I'm sorry for stating the obvious then... But you only said his passport was "lost/unavailable", you did not say that a replacement was not an option (or for what ever illogical reason that would be).

Obtaining a replacement is the most logical thing to do and what anyone who had "lost" their passport would have done, especially as it takes only a few days to do. Perhaps you could have stated the reason why a replacement was "not an option" in your OP.

Having ALL the facts actually helps people to help.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Would they really ask a Thai resident when he arrived in the country? Visa/overstay is not an issue. A friend of mine regularly travels to Thailand on her Thai passport and returns on her UK passport, no problems.
    Lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Would they really ask a Thai resident when he arrived in the country? Visa/overstay is not an issue. A friend of mine regularly travels to Thailand on her Thai passport and returns on her UK passport, no problems.
    yes but does she enter Thailand on one which gets the immigration stamp and leaves on the other which has no stamp

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Let me guess......would this have something to do with National Service?

The only solution that I can think of is to cross into a neighbouring country........I seem to remember some allow Thai's in on just an ID card but I could be wrong. Then, leave from that country. It won't be a picnic but may achieve what you are trying to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Let me guess......would this have something to do with National Service?

The only solution that I can think of is to cross into a neighbouring country........I seem to remember some allow Thai's in on just an ID card but I could be wrong. Then, leave from that country. It won't be a picnic but may achieve what you are trying to avoid.
    problem is the UK passport would have no exit stamp for that country

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by steve187 View Post
    problem is the UK passport would have no exit stamp for that country
    I think you mean 'Entry' Steve? Yes, I appreciate that but a different country can't send him for national service if that's what the problem is. He may get into a little trouble for entering 'illegally' (as there is no entry stamp) but I suspect that all they'll do is deport him - which is what he wants.

Member สมาชิก

i think your son gets a uk police report saying he lost his Thai passport, carry with him to Thailand, enter Thailand with his Uk Passport and leave before the 30 days back to the UK on the UK Passport, and while in Thailand apply for a new Thai passport.

Patrick & Nid.