Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Applying for uk standard visa. Have i missed anything?

I have been in a relationship with my thai girlfriend for 2 years. We got knocked back on the last visa application because they said i could not provide enough infomation about my financial situation and they said that she did not show she had enough financial, social or family ties ro return to thailand. Basically she was working in a hotel and they did not believe she could get 6 months of work and return to her job. This time i have submitted bank statements from both my accounts which show over £3k in savings and annual salary of £40k. She has now given up her job in the hotel and went back to work on her mothers faŕm. She has really put her heart and soul into this and is looking to make it totally organic. I have explained all this in my supporting letter and have also sent 100000 baht to her account to show if things go tits up she has her own money. I have already paid for a return flight. Plan is for her to come to uk to stay for 2 months and while here attend my niece wedding and meet my family. My question is have i missed anything. She has her appointment in bangkok on 30th march

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PlymouthNick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Istephen65 View Post
    I have already paid for a return flight. My question is have i missed anything. She has her appointment in bangkok on 30th march
    Have you already paid for her flight!

What about details of where she will staying and evidence of it..

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Putting 100000 baht into her account was the worst thing you could do. ECOs are very suspicious of payments into visa applicant bank accounts.

Asking for six months first off was a big mistake I'm afraid. Had you asked for six weeks it would have been a lot better and if everything had been ok the visa would have probably been granted. Asking for six weeks and then staying six months would have been ok as long as you were able to explain why she stayed so long, when she had a job to go back to, in the next visa.

Now she has no job it will make the visa more difficult to get.

Just my initial thoughts.

It doesn't read great so far but it is salvageable.

Putting the 100k in her bank account isn't the worst, nor the best, thing to do...you could've lied on her previous visa application and have a 10 year ban on applying again.

That amount of money, and how she got it, still doesn't show any financial ties to Thailand. You would've been better keeping it to show 6k savings to cover the trip, once you buy her flights and travel insurance it'll look nearer 2k to cover two months to the ECO.

Iirc you are advised not to book flights before an application (for obvious reasons), but you don't have to mention that you've booked them, and if I were you I wouldn't.

It'll either look like you're overconfident in the result or that you (or your gf as it's her visa) didn't read the small print (and the ECO's love their applicants to have read the small print).

You have supplied your bank statements, but if you can, beef it up with payslips and a P60 too. Like Nick said where will she stay? and have an itinerary of places she wants to see/visit to show it's a holiday and not a two month visit for a wedding.

Did you supply evidence of your relationship and show that you stay in contact?

Depending on where her farm is and what she's growing, you have to be aware of the seasons and how she can be away from her farm for two months if she's giving it a real go (and as above why two months?), she should explain how it'll run without her being there if thats her reason to return. That's number one on the ECO's list...what is her reason to return to Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    ...you could've lied on her previous visa application and have a 10 year ban on applying again.

Iirc you are advised not to book flights before an application (for obvious reasons), but you don't have to mention that you've booked them, and if I were you I wouldn't.
    A little contradiction if I might say say.
    OK, not mentioning something is not quite the same as lying but it is "avoidance" of the truth.

Personally I do not see the purchase of the ticket as "over confidence" or something that the ECO will hold against you. Having said that, it does seem a little "naive" to purchase a ticket this time when the previous visa was refused.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    A little contradiction if I might say say.
    OK, not mentioning something is not quite the same as lying but it is "avoidance" of the truth.

Personally I do not see the purchase of the ticket as "over confidence" or something that the ECO will hold against you. Having said that, it does seem a little "naive" to purchase a ticket this time when the previous visa was refused.
    I purchased a ticket before hand and presented it in the file...photos dated if possible of the farm you and her together, family...you will definitely need proof of communication between the two of you....don't tell lies or exaggerate....they will phone her in Thai at some point so make sure she follows the script in the application. It is tough at the moment my step daughter just got refused... (January 2017) but my wife excepted last August 2016. Best of luck my friend :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

In the visa guidelines they specifically tell you not to buy tickets in advance of a visa application.

There are three things are required for a visit visa. The finances needed for the trip and proof of it in the form of bank statements of savings etc, a suitable place to stay etc, proof of relationship and the big one, reason to return.

A job and a letter from an employer is by far the best way of showing a good reason to return. Having kids doesn't count for much as so many Thai women work away from home and send money home. Owning a house and land can also be a contributing factor too. Having finance on a pickup or motorbike counts for nothing.

On the visa application they will ask if your girlfriend wants to speak in English or Thai if they need to call her.

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    There are three things are required for a visit visa. The finances needed for the trip and proof of it in the form of bank statements of savings etc, a suitable place to stay etc, proof of relationship and the big one, reason to return.
    That's four

Sorry

Touché...

The suitable place to stay was added afterwards.

My wife had had 4 visas and never been called.

Ditto. If you give them a convincing case and provide UKVI with all the info they need they don't need to call.

I didn’t supply any bank account info for my wife at all either. Not because she had a load of money in there but purely because she was paid in cash from her job and it never saw the inside of her bank account.

I would be interested to see the refusal notice that the OP mentioned and I hope he has addressed the issues that the ECO brought up in that application is his sponsor letter.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthNick View Post
    My wife had had 4 visas and never been called.
    Did you do the visas you self or use an agent?

Myself with the help of people on this forum and a lot of Google.

I don't agree with using visa agents unless your circumstances are particularly difficult. In the end they add dramatically to the cost of a visa and you end up doing 90% of the work yourself having to gather the info together. All the visa company does is collate it and write a couple of letters that are not difficult to write.

Member สมาชิก

Just asking I do my own too.... my wife was asked on the phone by UKVI if she had done her application her self or used an agent...

My wife's 1st visa when she was the GF was refused. I had help from Siam Legal. By the time we applied for the 2nd time I had found this forum and won the jackpot.

I think that is the key PM, unless you know about this (or other) site then it is a pretty daunting issue and one were an agency seems to be quite a good option.
    I used an agency to help us get married and for Nok's Settlemnt Visa as I had no idea about this site, but from then on I did everything myself.

[QUOTE=kenhulme;263546]Did you do the visas you self or use an agent?

Always do myself since the 1st failed 1st one.