Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default FLR(M) check list

Hello again,

I think I've just about finally gathered all the required information for my wife and two children's FLR(M) visa applications. If anyone could take the time to have a look over and see if I've missed anything it would be greatly appreciated

For my wife
    Application form
    Wifes passport and copy
    A colour copy of every page of my passport
    Passport sized photos
    Birth certificate, translation + copy
    Original Thai marriage certificate and translated copy
    Bulats English language certificate and copy
    My divorce certificate and copy

6 Months bank statements (printed by my bank but only on plain white A4 paper stamped on every page) + copies.
    6 Months payslips
    P60
    A letter from my employers stating my salary, time with the company and that my employment is full-time.

We have three council tax letters addressed to both of us and I was going to add 6 other letters addressed to only my wife and 6 address only to myself- will this suffice?

My payslips and P60 are colour printouts printed at home as thats the only option I have, it was ok for the first spouse visa will it be ok again?

Should we add her Thai ID card, translation and copy too?

For the children
    Application form
    passport and copy
    A colour copy of every page of my passport
    Passport sized photos
    Por Khor 14, translated + copy
    Birth certificates, translations + copies

6 Months bank statements (printed by my bank but only on plain white A4 paper stamped on every page) + copies.
    6 Months payslips
    P60
    A letter from my employers stating my salary, time with the company and that my employment is full-time.

I have 4 letters addressed to each of them from the dentist and a letter from their schools.

Their current Visas run until April the 2nd and once we have one letter from one of the schools I'll be ready to post them by the end of the week, I think we can apply up to the 2nd but she's already had an email reminder from the home office that her visa will expire soon and she should be making plans to leave the country if she hasn't reapplied yet! And hopefully finally, we also have the NHS payments.

You need to supply your original passport if I remember from last year.

We have three council tax letters addressed to both of us and I was going to add 6 other letters addressed to only my wife and 6 address only to myself- will this suffice?

It should be as 6 of each individually are what is required or 6 in total to the two of you.

My payslips and P60 are colour printouts printed at home as thats the only option I have, it was ok for the first spouse visa will it be ok again?

If they were fine for the spouse visa they should be fine for FLR. I haven't seen a P60 from the taxman for years and can't remember what one looks like. I would be happier with an original, if it was me. Can you get a copy from the taxman?

Should we add her Thai ID card, translation and copy too?

We supplied a copy. No translation needed. It has English on it too.

NHS surcharge needs to be paid first as you need the IHS number for the visa application.

Thanks rasg, I'm hoping to travel to Italy while their applications are being processed and I read the following (in red) in the application, as I'm sending three folders I can't be sure they won't be separated and I can't put my passport in all three -

Your sponsor’s immigration status
    Your sponsor’s valid passport, national identity card or travel document, along with any relevant Biometric Residence Permit, showing their current status in the UK. If you are applying as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, this should show that he/she is present and settled in the UK. If you are applying as the child of a person with limited leave as a partner of a settled person in the UK, then this should show your parent’s current valid limited leave to enter or remain as a partner.
    If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of yoursponsor’s valid passport, national identity card or travel document and any associatedBiometric Residence Permit. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blankpages.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Thanks rasg, I'm hoping to travel to Italy while their applications are being processed and I read the following (in red) in the application, as I'm sending three folders I can't be sure they won't be separated and I can't put my passport in all three -

Your sponsor’s immigration status
    Your sponsor’s valid passport, national identity card or travel document, along with any relevant Biometric Residence Permit, showing their current status in the UK. If you are applying as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, this should show that he/she is present and settled in the UK. If you are applying as the child of a person with limited leave as a partner of a settled person in the UK, then this should show your parent’s current valid limited leave to enter or remain as a partner.
    If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of yoursponsor’s valid passport, national identity card or travel document and any associatedBiometric Residence Permit. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blankpages.
    On the form I completed last year it said this:

I understand that I can supply a photocopy of my entire current passport or travel document if this application is being sent by post only. Where I have provided a copy of my passport or travel document, I confirm that it is a complete and true copy of the entire original document, including blank pages, and I will be physically present in the UK at the time this application is submitted. I understand that checks to confirm my status will be made. I understand that I may be asked to submit my original passport or travel document and or other evidence of my status at any time.

They might ask you to supply your original passport at any time. For me, I knew I wouldn’t be going anywhere without my wife so it seemed sensible to send the original. YMMV.

Not sure why you think they would separate your folders. I have always provided three folders. Sponsor info, Applicant info and Proof of relationship. Surely your passport should go in the Sponsor folder?

Cannot see why you need your old divorce certificate..That was needed for the affirmation of freedom to marry..You are married now..!

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post

They might ask you to supply your original passport at any time. For me, I knew I wouldn’t be going anywhere without my wife so it seemed sensible to send the original. YMMV.

Not sure why you think they would separate your folders. I have always provided three folders. Sponsor info, Applicant info and Proof of relationship. Surely your passport should go in the Sponsor folder?
    Three folders are for three separate applications, my wife and her two children are all applying at the same time.

I know the applications were separated when they applied for their first visa because one was 'misplaced' (lost) at the embassy and returned weeks later.

On that basis it's copies then.

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    Cannot see why you need your old divorce certificate..That was needed for the affirmation of freedom to marry..You are married now..!
    Question 6.28 asks if you or your sponsor has ever been married before and then to give details, that section ends with "You must provide original copies of divorce or dissolution of civil partnership."

They also ask for original birth certificates of kids even if they are not traveling to the UK. It was a total pain to get hold of from my wife's family plus £30 to translate it but we supplied it along with my wife's divorce papers although we had been married for a few months by then. I see no point in omitting anything they ask for.

Thank you rasg and tudorowen, someone else having a look over my list to make sure I've not missed anything has put my mind at ease and I can post it with more confidence now.

There's only one thing I'm not 100% -

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post

It should be as 6 of each individually are what is required or 6 in total to the two of you.
    We only have the three council tax bills in joint names, so as we don't have six items we have to use the individual route?

If that is the case it's not a problem, I think I read somewhere that they have to be from three different sources, is that correct?

My wife came here on a six month Settlement (fiancée) visa and we relied on letters from the doctor, dental appointments etc as well as council tax statements addressed to both of us.

Why not supply a combination of both? Six to each individually (which should be sufficient) plus what you have addressed to the two of you. The documents are meant to be collected over the duration of the existing visa.

As rasg says, combinations of individually and jointly addressed correspondence from the sources on the acceptable examples list are fine. For peace of mind, here's what the official guidance states regarding the various permutations:

"Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years....

...The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you are relying on. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.

For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit twelve items (six each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address."
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

I'm sitting here filling in the online FLR(m) form (First extension as a partner(following an initial period of entry as a partner)) and I'm not sure about a couple of questions/answers.

1) There isn't a home office reference number when a visa's granted is there? I have put no

2) My wife has her English BULATS CEF Level : A1 (Speaking) A2 (Reading & Listening) certificate, the form asks-
    Have you passed an approved English test? yes
    Did the test assess your skills as CEFR A1 or higher? the R is causing me doubt here, her certificate says CEF, should I say yes here too?
    I know its Common European Framework, is it the same thing but different terminology?

3) Are there any factors that would make it difficult or impossible for the children to have a private life in their home country if they had to return? No, or yes it would be difficult as they are of school age?

4) Do they have any family or friends in their home country? I've listed immediate family, grandparents and uncles. Should I list every family member? cousins, great aunts and friends too?

As always, thank you for any replies and calming my stress levels!