Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default New method to apply for a Settlement Visa

UKVI have introduced new procedures for UK settlement visa applications from today. All settlement applications will now be processed in the UK. So, it's a matter of getting the documents scanned (by VFS, at a cost from next month), or by sending everything by post to Sheffield and providing a pre-paid return envelope. Passports will not go to UK, but will remain at the Embassy in Bangkok in assuming that the visa is authorised from the UK.

www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/

Settlement-Visa-1.jpgSettlement-Visa-2.jpgSettlement-Visa-3.jpg

Member สมาชิก

Is that good or bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member สมาชิก

Sounds pretty stupid to me and will make processing visas slower.
    Were all the visa applications reviewed and completed in Bangkok or are they sent to the UK to be looked at? I thought it was done all in Bangkok.

So instead of having it all sent by VFS you can send it yourself. Wonder how much extra that willl cost.
    No doubt the visa fees will still be the same so getting less for more whilst all charged in US dollars.

Considering there is a backlog of applications from EU citizens currently waiting "settlement" in the UK I would think it is a bad thing. It can only delay the procedure, but they say a decision will be made within 60 working days.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Member สมาชิก

Well I will have to do a settlement visa for stepdaughter at some point in the near future so will get to try this out.

I read that the documents can be sent before application is submitted or biometrics are done which could save time.
    Also, a a sponsor living in the UK you could if you wanted return home from Thailand with all documents and post them yourself and have them returned to you (save paying for international postage).

The VFS scanning them all in sounds like the easiest and laziest way depending on how much that costs.

For me this is an unneeded cost in both time and money for something that should come out of the extortionate visa fee.

It makes sense from a security point of view, assuming they have actually enhanced vetted the staff that will be dealing with these applications.
    'Tis me

Member สมาชิก

Default Application Form (VAF4A)

Thanks ever so much rasg for the original post. My wife will be applying for her settlement visa at the end of June so this was really useful info.

Got a question, and I'd be grateful if anyone can help me out

Does this application form (VAF4A) have to be signed (handwritten signature) by my wife?

The reason I ask is because if it does, she will need to print the form off in Thailand, sign it, then send it back to me in England via international postage = headache.

If she doesn't have to sign it, then I can fill in the form and then send it off to Sheffield along with the rest of the other documents = happy days!

I have been filling the form in electronically, and I have noticed that there is a bit where it says to sign the form; I just assumed that you type in the name of your wife, right?

I'd be grateful if anyone could help me out on this one.

Thanks
    Rav

Premium Member

Hi Rav, it needs signing. could you not email the completed form to her (so she has a copy) she then only needs print the page that needs signing. This can either be sent by post to you or scanned and sent back to you be email. If she doesn't have a scanner plenty of cyber cafes that can do it.

Steve
    Last edited by stevie57; 14th May 2017 at 01:12. Reason: addition

Member สมาชิก

Thanks ever so much Steve, I think I will get my wife to scan and then email the form back to me.

Rookie มือใหม่

We are going to apply for settlement visa for our 6 year old stepdaughter in Thailand. Have you any advice that would be helpful to us.

thanks
    Gwyn & Noy

Member สมาชิก

If your wife can prove sole responsibility it should not be too much of a problem I have been told and also the finance side we are applying later this year and ours is going to be a hard one for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk