Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by te2008 View Post
    The MG`s in Thailand are automatic
    yes i was talking about the auto box, as it changes gear it is not smooth. its a manual gearbox with an auto addition, not a true auto box

Quote Originally Posted by steve187 View Post
    yes i was talking about the auto box, as it changes gear it is not smooth. its a manual gearbox with an auto addition, not a true auto box
    Thanks for that. We have decided not to buy the MG.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Just an update about a new car(ford) what we are thinking of buying.
    A friend of the family works for Ford motor company in BKK. He saying that if we buy the car from him then we will get the family discount.
    So. 900,000 less 100,000 is 800,000 Baht. But the car must be put in his name, because we will do monthly payment for, two years and then when it's all been paid off the car will be then transferred into our name. For me I think it's doggy, but has anyone who is intelligent ever heard of this or what?

Member สมาชิก

Sounds well doggy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

sorry to say but it sounds like you would be buying some random relative a new car, 100000 baht roughly £2.3K I think for peace of mind and lack of stress I would decline the offer and pay the extra.

Member สมาชิก

my dad used to work at Rover and we were always using the family scheme to buy cars for other family and friends with arrangements similar to this. so it my be ok but how much do you trust the family member.

One issue I would seriously consider in buying a car anywhere is where are the dealerships, here in southern Chonburi the only car manufacturer that really has lots of garages is Toyota and the Vios is Thailands top selling car and the Yaris has a good reputation too. Both take some beating in their class and hold their value.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Bangkok & Iraq

Ohmmy and I have taken the plunge and are getting a new Ford, the Ranger Wildtrak. We shopped about to see who could give use the best deal as we will be paying cash at the end of November. We tried 4 dealers in BKK, Silon, Ari, Rama 4 and Lad Phrao and we got some different discounts but most of the free stuff was pretty much the same. We had 2 x 80,000, 1 x 70,000 and a 20,000, so the family discount of 100,000 is good, as for putting it in his name, I would be very dubious about that.
    The free stuff we have been offered are Window awnings, wheel arch covers, the front end with a big colour coded FORD on the grill, 1000 baht of fuel, Government insurance, 1st Class insurance for a year, small antenna, car cover, all windows blackened out, spare wheel lock, car registration fee, floor mats (strong rubber), front facing camera (for recording those near misses).
    They also tried to offer things like a spare wheel, 3 years warranty, 24 hours free breakdown recovery amongst a few others things...until I told them that you get that with all Fords.
    We are going in later this week before I go back to work to try and finalise a deal for a collection at the end of November.

the new yaris ativ looks good, a vios body with 7 airbags on all models.all auto from 469,000.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by te2008 View Post
    Just an update about a new car(ford) what we are thinking of buying.
    A friend of the family works for Ford motor company in BKK. He saying that if we buy the car from him then we will get the family discount.
    So. 900,000 less 100,000 is 800,000 Baht. But the car must be put in his name, because we will do monthly payment for, two years and then when it's all been paid off the car will be then transferred into our name. For me I think it's doggy, but has anyone who is intelligent ever heard of this or what?

This way of buying happens all the time here get something put on paper for both to sign with an independent witness

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kenhulme View Post
    This way of buying happens all the time here get something put on paper for both to sign with an independent witness

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I think that's very dodgy, but thanks