Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Chic car hire at suvarnhabhumi airport

Hi all, I'm off to Bangkok on the 18th may, arrive the 19th early in the morning at Bangkok I have hired a car for 3 days from 'Chic car rental' they are in the airport, I'm only hiring for 3 days as I'm visiting kanchanaburi and the bridge and associated museums. I booked the car through rental cars.com.
    anyone have any experience with chic car rental? Good or bad? If no one has any experience with this company I will let you know how the rental went when I finished the trip.
    many thanks
    essex boys

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Never used that car rental firm. But the trip is good on the train from Bangkok. If you are driving to the bridge parking is easy. You can book to go on the train over the bridge and do some sightseeing Look for the stand with two uniformed people on the left hand side of the tracks looking at the bridge. Buy the VIP tickets and you get lunch and drinks and a certificate. The train ride through the gorge is well worth it.

Member สมาชิก

Yes I booked a 4x4 with RentalCars.com & Chose Chic at Easter time last year - I too was concerned but it all went very well. Got a nearly new Toymota Fortuna - Sat Nav - the works. Perfect. Got to the desk at the Airport on time - the desk was free of customers which is always a plus but they were very efficient anyway. I always video rental cars on the iPhone but was off & away in no time - my biggest problem was trying to figure out how to use the in-car Sat Nav. Brought it back roughly at the right time & they did the handover swiftly without any issues. I would use them again.

Gents, thank you for your replys, very helpful, I will do the VIP train ride that sounds interesting and well worth doing. Hoodeni, thanks for your feedback on chic car rental, I was planning on videoing the rental car when I collect it, thanks for your advice though.
    i arrive in Bangkok on the Friday morning, just hang around the airport and wait for the gf's flight to arrive from khon kaen, then spend Friday night in a hotel I never Bangkok then back to the airport on sat Morning, get the rental car and off to kanchanaburi.
    many thanks for your helpful replys gents, much appreciated.
    essex boys

I'm actually looking at Rentalcars.com now to pick up a motor at BKK when me and the missus nip over for a quick visit at the end of June. I'm not fussed about which company we end up with but does anybody else find it strange that if you want a GPS sat nav then that is still listed as an "extra" which can cost anything from 100 -200 B extra per day!!! I always thought they were standard items on virtually every new car on the road nowadays? Still, T.I.T as they say!

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Sat navs appear to be only given on top model new cars these days. As an example Honda Civic has on the turbo RS model and Accord 2.4 as standard. Most of the new cars lower models are mirror capable and you can use your phone navigation eg Google maps and put it on to the cars led screen via Bluetooth.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    Hi all, I'm off to Bangkok on the 18th may, arrive the 19th early in the morning at Bangkok I have hired a car for 3 days from 'Chic car rental' they are in the airport, I'm only hiring for 3 days
    How was that car rental?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    I'm actually looking at Rentalcars.com now to pick up a motor at BKK when me and the missus nip over for a quick visit at the end of June. I'm not fussed about which company we end up with but does anybody else find it strange that if you want a GPS sat nav then that is still listed as an "extra" which can cost anything from 100 -200 B extra per day!!! I always thought they were standard items on virtually every new car on the road nowadays? Still, T.I.T as they say!
    I used Rentalcars.com for a hire in Iceland back in March and I didn’t like them at all. The number of emails I received to upgrade was stupid. Extra insurance. Snowchains etc. Winter wheels with spiked tyres were already included. The satnav was included though on a promo. Again a bit daft as it was built in to the dash. I won't use their website again.

Hi gents, time to update, the rental car collection went smoothly no problems at all, car was ready and waiting for us I videoed the car and made sure the rental guy knew I was doing so. Trip went well, good hotel etc, Bangkok on a Saturday morning wasn't much fun but once on the toll roads it went a bit quicker. Return of the car went well except that I went to arrivals ramp to drop the car off. And I got into the wrong lane, you have to keep left and take the exit marked for taxis, at first it doesn't look like you can go up that ramp, but on the second circuit of the arrivals ramp I took the exit and it was the right one, drove to gate 9 for chic car rental, the guy came out checked the car and said all was ok, gave me a receipt and that was it, all done. I would us rental cars again but next time I'm going to get the gf to call direct and see if I can get a better deal.