Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

By UK standard you mean earthed . On a separate point you say you brought a lot of UK fittings over, question, would the Builders / planning inspection officer ( if such a thing exists ) be ok with fitting UK sockets, reason being I'm intending having a workshop and shipping all my kit out there ( lathes and such like ) and rather than cutting the plugs off everything thought a ring with a mix of Thai and UK metal clad sockets. or would they freak out with our sockets ???.

I knew there would be a few sparkies on the forum. Earthed as in using a long pin and out in damp ground and err cross bonding. Thinking about it I do not remember seeing too much sheathing around. Then there is those cheap US outlets with "110 volts max" stamped on them. UK fittings as in those used in Malaysia etc.

I remember the first time I went to the far east and stayed in Kuala lumpur having purchased a travel adaptor.
    Very embarrassing.

Member สมาชิก

Well said Allen...I have done the same..I haven't gone to the expense of trying to create a western home in our village so I live like a Thai with just a touch of western (UK) trappings inside..we have 7 rai which is in my wife's name and like you I'm happy with the arrangements. Good luck I wish you nothing but happiness :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Member สมาชิก

Can I suggest a read...my friend Tony from Australia has written and still writes a blog all about his house build any many other things take a look.. a lovely guy and so very helpful...Tonyinthailand.com

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. A friend of mine already had the details of "alan the builder" so I have already been looking at his website. Not sure he would do piddly half rai plots anymore though as his website says something about not being able to take on smaller projects outside of Issan! Agree that detailed plans and spec plus a close eye on the local workforce will be a must. There's no real rush to get a build going, I was just looking to the future, really. The plot still has rice, yet to be harvested so nothing will be done for at least a year as an absolute minimum! Should give me plenty of time to do some homework for any future build!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

We have just bought 1 rai today between Kham Thale So and Si Mum, nicely away from the main road with not much around it. Happy days, start planning house and all the other bits.