Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Settlement visa problems

Hi everyone
    I'm just over in Thailand trying to sort all paperwork out for a settlement visa and I'm hoping to bring all relevant paperwork back to the UK
    My question is do I need to send original a1 English language test certificate and t b test to Sheffield ???
    As I understand it my wife has to take them when she applys in Bangkok and has her biometrics taken

From your post, I assume that you'll be sending the evidence paperwork to Sheffield yourself rather than having it scanned and transmitted from Bangkok by VFS. In this case you'll have 20 days to send in the evidence to Sheffield from the date of your wife's biometric enrolment by VFS for a standard settlement application - see here.

The original TB test certificate must be included in the settlement visa evidence submission sent to Sheffield.

The original English level A1 SELT pass certificate does not have to be included because the Home Office uses an online checking system to verify it - see the column headed "Documents required with application" on page 1 here, which states, "No documents required. Please provide your SELT unique reference number on your application form."
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Rookie มือใหม่

Thank you , yes I'll be sending them to Sheffield myself I just wasn't sure if my wife needed them when she has biometrics done , glad she doesn't it will make life easier. Hopefully we will get visa and I can take T B test results to Thailand when I fetch her ( not sure but I was informed she would need them to get in the UK )

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

And thanks to Tom and Nok because their answers to questions are always spot on...I don't know what this forum would do without you sometimes!

Member สมาชิก

I'm confused and I'm hoping someone can clarify things.

My wife received her TB test certificate a couple of weeks ago and she was told that she would need this when she went through immigration/border control at the airport in England.

I was going to get her to make a copy of the TB test certificate as I would need the original for the visa application (documents sent to Sheffield).

Will a photo copy of the TB test certificate suffice when she goes through immigration at the airport?

Or will I need to send back the original TB test certificate after the visa application has been processed?

Hope this was clear! What a headache!

how things change in recent years ,not so sure but i would imagine a copy for her to travel would be ok as they never asked my wife about it at manchester ,as long as the application is in before 6 months expire from obatainining it ,i would say border control know who she is and what she bought from duty free even before landing in the uk so will have all the relavant documents in front of them. ps they are not bad people and will phone you if any problems hopeing you could sort issues out they have phoned me on my wifes visit visa

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi rav one more factor is UKV1 in Bangkok are apparently asking for original TB certificate so you only have 20 days to receive it from Thailand and send it to Sheffield

Member สมาชิก

I'm hearing most settlement visas are taking between 50-60 working days

We applied for ours in May, biometrics and evidence submitted May 31, email from Sheffield 3 weeks later confirming it's recieved, (which I'm not happy about if that's when it's classed as starting given everything was scanned from Bangkok on 31st may).

On my wifes Thai forum everyone is finding it's taking close to the full 60 days, which is against the govt figures from May when apparently 85% of applications were decided in 30 days.

I'll post when I receive our decision so people can see what the current real timelines are.

I have also read on another forum that now Sheffield are processing the visas it is taking up to 3 months or more to get a settlement visa..Gone are the days when you got one in two weeks or so?

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi big rich. Yes please do post when you hear some news? My wife also submited her application in Bangkok on 31st May and we got the email from Shefield on 23rd June... Still no news i might call or email tomorrow to chase them. We were working on 30 day plan and thats well out the window now! Fingers crossed, good luck.
    Ps im new to the forum.

Member สมาชิก

That's a coincidence Troy. My wifes appointment in BKK was early, I think 9am on 31st May and we also got confirmation from Sheffield on 23rd June!

Nothing since, which I'm taking as a good sign as they should have everything they require.

Good luck with calling/emailing, on other forums apparently they just say it's still being considered and they'll be in touch. Be good to know what they say if you do contact them though

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks Rich. My wife's appointment was at 11:30 so very close indeed! I spoke to the international service line today at £1.37 a min but was only on for a short while, and didn't have to hold long. It was a pointless really, they said they have a lot of applications outstanding and all I can do is wait, we cant speed anything up. Most applications are taking around the 60 working day mark, perhaps a little earlier he said... Looks like we are at around 33 working days so in theory could have another 4 - 5 weeks to go ++ No news is good news I guess, but we are finding the wait very painful now!

Member สมาชิก

Thanks for letting me know what they said Troy. So frustrating as when I saw the link below showing Mays timings I was expecting it'd take around the 30 day mark.

It's certainly beginning to drag now and makes it challenging deciding on flights/wife handing in her notice/me booking time off work etc.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement

Rookie มือใหม่

Tell me about it! I based so many things on the 30 day mark, built in a week to be on the safe side, and its all gone to mud! Even taken my young daughter out of school who is back with her mum in Thailand waiting on the result to come through - so she is missing school now, its a real cluster duck. So annoying when you put the time/effort in to try and get things right, and the goal posts keep changing without any notice. I just hope we all get the results we need so we can get on with our lives

My original plan was based on the Feb/March data as well which was 100% completed in 30 days.
    Last edited by troysamui1; 17th Jul 2017 at 18:58.

Rookie มือใหม่

If anyone has any feedback on the time frame on getting a decision regarding a settlement visa from the point you receive the standard email from Sheffield saying they are working on it with your reference number I would love to hear? This should be very useful! Thanks.

Rookie มือใหม่

Sorry to jump in. A quick qusetion. Is it possible to pay extra to speed up the process time for the settlement visa?

The best of luck everyone with your visa applications.