Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Thai-UK Sponsorship - Please Take A Few Minutes To Read This

As many of you have joined Thailand-UK recently, you may not be aware that the site currently sponsors a couple of children in Thailand. This sponsorship helps them through childhood and on the way to making a better life for themselves.

Sponsorship is done through those that have signed up to be a premium member of this forum, rather than just (no offence) an "ordinary" member. The cost of this premium membership is from £10 per year, and ALL of this £10 goes in to the pot to help Phyo and Ka, the names of the two children we currently sponsor.

There are a few extra "benefits" to becoming a premium member, apart from the sponsorship side of things, and those can be found here

For whatever reason you decided to join Thailand-UK, be it help with a visa problem, help finding Thai friends in the UK or just that you love anything Thai, please have a read below about "our" two girls and think what a premium membership could do to help "our" girls in the future.

Normally this information is only published in the premium members area but as SO MANY new people have joined only as "ordinary" members they may not be aware of what signing up to be premium membership can offer and so I thought it would be a good idea for you to see what happiness a premium membership can bring.

Below is a little snippet about the two children we currently sponsor, please have a read about "our" girls.

Sponsorship of Ka started in July 2012

Ka was born on 4th January 2003
    ka.jpg

Ka’s mother worked as a prostitute before she married Ka’s father. Seven months after Ka was born her fathers’ relatives came from Burma and persuaded him to return as they did not accept the marriage. Ka’s mother returned to prostitution as she had no other way to provide a decent life for Ka. She left her young daughter alone in their room while she was working. Their neighbour, a Burmese teacher, heard Ka crying all night every day and suggested that her mother go to SAW, Social Action for Women, to ask for help. Following the advice from SAW, Ka’s mother decided to leave her daughter at the Safe House so that she would be well taken care of and, hopefully, Ka’s mother could sort out her life and be able to provide a decent life for both of them.

Sponsorship of Phyo started in August 2014

Phyo was born on 25th April 2001
    Phyo.jpg

There are just 3 people in this little girl's family; Phyo, an elder sister and their mother as Phyo's parents are divorced. Both her mother, from the Karen ethnic group in the area, and the elder sister have been diagnosed HIV positive. The family sought help and treatment at the Mae Tao Clinic in Mae Sot and were referred to the SAW Health Care House for women and children who are living with HIV and AIDS.

A blood test was done at the clinic and the results showed that Phyo does not have HIV. Phyo's sister also had TB when they were referred from the clinic and the family moved into the SAW Health Care House for women and children living with HIV. It was decided that the environment at the SAW Safe house for children would be better for Phto's health and would enable her to attend a Thai school.

To find out more about, and to help both girls, be kind enough to sign up to a "premium" membership today.

Or if you prefer to donate directly to the charity you can do so at their Just Giving page

For more information about the organisation here are a few links to have a look at
    safechildthailand.org
    facebook.com/SafeChildThailand
    thebiggive.org.uk
    linkedin.com
    youtube

Thanks for reading and Thai-UK looks forward to you becoming a premium member in the near future.

Click HERE to read the Safe Children Thailand Latest Newsletter.
    Last edited by Lee; 4th Aug 2017 at 09:47. Reason: add newsletter
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Hi everyone, hopefully you have all had a read of the above post, if not PLEASE take a few minutes to have a scan at least.

We, as in Thailand-UK, just received a lovely hand written card from The Safe Child Thailand team which is a reminder of what we have achieved so far.

It reads:

"Dear Thailand-UK Premium Members,

Did you know that 5 years ago this month (July) you gave your first gift to Safe Child Thailand?

Thanks for your generous support we have been able to help countless children in Thailand to stay safe and live fulfilling lives.

From all of us at Safe Child Thailand: Thank You!

Kind Regards,
    The Safe Child Thailand team.
    Lauren, Gareth, Adrian, Charlie & Louise

So a lovely little thank you for all the Premium Members donations so far, lets keep those memberships up to date and keep helping all those little kids.

I would just like to say a big thank you to all Premium Members for their contributions so far but in particular to our newest Premium Member ColerLFC who recently joined the ranks of our charitable spirit.

If anyone else is feeling generous for all the information that they freely receive on this wonderful site, please sign up to the premium membership and help our good causes.

In addition to the sign up of our newest Premium member, I have just been made aware of a member making a one off charitable donation, Thanks A B.

Members can make a one off donation to Safe Children Thailand via this link to Lee
    paypal.me/ThaiUK
    Last edited by Lee; 7th Aug 2017 at 12:13. Reason: add link

We have received a small update to the building of the new home for Phyo and Ka

Our project to rehouse 90 orphaned and abandoned children living on the Thailand - Myanmar border suffered several set-backs in its early stages. But as you can see, the new Safe House build is now well underway.
    2017-08-09 - Pic 1.jpg

The land has been secured and levelled. Essential utilities have been brought to the site and a sewage system has been installed.

The boys’ dormitory and bathroom is over 60% complete.
    The dining hall is 60% complete.
    The girls' dormitory and bathroom is only 20% complete.

We still need to install an entrance gate and begin work on a wall to keep the children safe, complete the essential building work, decorate the interiors and provide new furnishings were necessary before the children can move in.

The new home will transform the lives of these children but without your support the project is at risk.

Want to see the full report on how things are progressing?

Please sign up to become a Premium Member (here), it is only a minimum of £10 a year, you get a few extras to add to your use and enjoyment of this site and ALL of the £10 will go to this charity.

A big thank you to Ash for his recent donation.

Big or small everything helps us to help Ka and Phyo and all the other youngsters at the home.