Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: LHR Terminal 5

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Default LHR Terminal 5

Folks

My mother in law is travelling back to LOS if a few weeks time, she doesn't speak English and is getting more and more fearful of the flight home.

I've asked BA is they provide assistance and apparently they used to but it got stopped as it was being misused, does anyone else know of a way I might be able to get her a chaperone to get on the flight as this is keeping her up at night with worry?

Of course i know she'll be fine but no words either myself or wife can say seem to appease the worry.

I assume you are talking about on the other side of security ?

Are there others getting on the same flight ?

http://www.heathrow.com/airport-guid...ierge-service#

Better if you could find someone with an airside pass who would be willing to take her to the boarding gate..
    bangkok mags

Thanks Sisaket, followed that up and it's basically £100 from meeting at Airport and taking through to Departure Gate, however no Thai Speakers but they said they'll get the customer to the Gate no matter what.

The first gf I had who visited me from Thailand ( me and her have parted company ages ago now) flew BA into and from T5 I was also worried about her getting to the gate after security, I asked BA if they had a Thai speaker who could talk to her and tell her what she had to do, they were very helpful and located a member of staff who could speak Thai, while we were waiting for her to arrive the gf just looked out for Thai people checking in or walking to security, she soon met two women who said they were happy to help her and they sat with her and guided her right through to the boarding gate. So I wouldn't worry to be honest as their always seems to be someone who is Thai on the flight ( no surprise really ) I will add that BA were not going to charge me for their help with a Thai speaking member of staff.
    i hope she can get some rest and not worry, as there will definitely be a Thai person on her flight and you will catch them at check in.
    best of luck
    essex boys

Thanks Essex Boys, I know what your saying but really she's scared witless - I know everything will be fine and have a little plan up my sleeve. Of course as soon as I get to Airport though I will be abducting anyone who looks Thai - failing that my mobile somtam stand complete with cute cuddly toys should do the trick

If my experience with the thai population is relevant I am surprised you allowed were not to book her on another direct flight