Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default New immigration form

New immigration form goes into effect in October

A new immigration form will replace the existing one on October 1 in line with a Cabinet resolution in January approving a Tourism and Sports Ministry request for changes to the “TM6” form.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Blog Entries

It appears to require exactly the same information - TIT.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Same same but different

Is there a version that can be filled out on a device and printed off ?? you would think in this day and age something could be done online

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Has anyone seen the queues at the Airport these days, they look horrendous. Thailand trying to shoot itself in the foot ?

Quote Originally Posted by prikphet View Post
    Has anyone seen the queues at the Airport these days, they look horrendous. Thailand trying to shoot itself in the foot ?
    Came back from Singapore in June into BKK could nt believe no queues (time before as well) Hit and miss for queues ..... Thais are going to be except from filling out immigration forms as a measure to shorten queues also they are going to trial Electronic passport readers for certain countries one of them is Hong Kong passport holders (Bangkok Post)... I imagine same as UK passports exiting Singapore (Changi Airport) using the Electronic gates at immigration .
    bangkok mags

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It appears to require exactly the same information - TIT.
    Indeed but all squeezed on to one double side page instead of two.

A nice money saving (making) exercise.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prikphet View Post
    A lot of the photos shown in the media are at Don Muang apparently, which was one of the reasons (terrible immigration area) it was closed to international travellers in the first place.

Also I have heard that there is an immigration officers strike on at the moment as well, so not probably helping.

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PhuketPhil's Avatar

Arrived at Swampy on Sunday 1230. Two hours to get through immigration, luggage was up against the wall by the carousel when finally through.
    Every available passport desk including Thai and other Asian were being used for all nationalities unfortunately not enough officers on duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Phil

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Just to remind people and newer members of a great tip I got off this site a few years ago when getting off the plane and heading towards immigration. If the first immigration hall is busy carry on walking to the next hall and so on. This tip came in handy a few weeks ago as the first hall was rammed, walked passed the next and on to the third which was practically empty.
    Last edited by cardiffnoddy; 12th Aug 2017 at 11:18. Reason: grammar

I must walk round with my eyes closed. I can only remember seeing one hall, where are the other ones.
    And do you not think that the airlines could print the the immigration forms as they have the flight details, passport details and return flight home. They could even provide a scan of the passport collected at check in, on the other side of the form. These pre-printed forms customers from "friendly countries" could then be directed to express desks. Similar to the system in Dubai where folk with passports from 40 counties can speed through.

[ arrived monday about 4pm, very short immigration queues, through very fast, had to wait a short while for my case.
    re the forms it takes a few minutes to complete out of a plane ride that takes us 12 hours, the airline doesn't have all the information to preprint, yes it is a bind with all the forms, tm 28,tm30, 90 day address notification.
    i came via Hong Kong and they have a similar form, but you get 6 months on arrival, without any visa. Thailand are just a bit behind the times and paranoid, but they are with most things, jobs, property ownership etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington View Post
    I must walk round with my eyes closed. I can only remember seeing one hall, where are the other ones.
    No doubt you dive in to the first one you come to. If you ignore this one and carry on walking there is another one further down, and another after that.

Do you notice that when you come out (after going in the first immigration hall) the baggage carousels are numbered something like 17, 18, 19 or 20, well they start at 1.

The only downside I have found in walking to the next immigration hall is that I had to walk back towards the first one to get my bag.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Just pay 850 baht and its all done for you, no queues ever

Did notice that they have introduced fast track but only for arrivals from SIN.
    Thanks for information on the other immigration halls, will note for my new trip.

Just back into DMK yesterday afternoon (11th) from Mandalay MM seamed to be biggish queues in the foreigner sections, but nothing in the Thai sections , lucky was able to go through the Thai section (with Mrs) ... pity they dont send other ASEAN or foreigners to Thai sections when not busy...
    bangkok mags

Mrs flew out of DMK early hours of 18 SEPT , the TM.6 cards have been scrapped for Thais already , she said was implemented at DMK on 16 SEPT ...
    bangkok mags

For many years now we travel as a family and always go through the Thai nationals immigration queue.
    Wife goes first on her Thai passport ,daughter second on British even though she has Thai passport as well , then me. never had an issue but im sure like all good things it will come to an end !!!. I was unaware of other immigration halls also ,thanks for the info when i need it.

Member สมาชิก

Rule 128 - Always follow the wife through immigration. At BKK we get to use the Thai Nationals booth and at other airports her winning smile gets us through with ease

Hi gents, just to add to this thread, I flew into Bangkok on Friday the 20th October, landing cards handed out on plane didn't seem any different to what I have had to fill in before, queues didn't seem any longer than usual, but they did have 3 booths shut that didn't help, the biggest problems I saw were people trying to fill landing cards in whilst in the queue, or filling them in when the landing card checker woman stopped them, this completely stopped the lines from moving.!!! These donkeys have had 12 hours sitting on a plane to do this, but choose to do it in the queue!! I would send them to the back of the long line and make them wait.. the other line stoppers were people who hadn't filled in the forms correctly and then wanted to borrow a pen to fill the form in while holding everyone else up..... just to add, at no point did I see anyone being asked to show they had 10,000 or 20,000 baht on them.
    apart from that, it's hot in khon kaen, and I'm having a good time.
    essex boys