Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default uk Tiurist Visa info

Can I ask anyone what type of bank accounts are required by the embassy for my partner to show? He as yet only has a basic savings account (with cash card) but he thinks he may need a fixed deposit account but I would think this should not be the case? He is working as a waiter and money is not good, but I Send him money to his account monthly.

how much money does he need to show in his account when application is made?

Any answers would be gratefully appreciated.

There is no specific amount required to be shown in bank account for a visit visa and supplying bank details are not necessary at all in many cases.

When my now, wife submitted her first visit visa back in May 2015 we didn't supply any bank account information at all. I simply explained in my sponsor letter that she was paid in cash and gave them the amounts that were sent home to her family, how much her rent was and how much she had to live on. That was it.

She also had a letter from her employer confirming her salary and that she could take a month off for a holiday in the UK as it was low season.

IMHO too many people get wrapped up in supplying too much information for a visit visa when all that is required is that you can prove that the trip is affordable.

Three criteria needed for a visit visa. You need to show proof of relationship, that the trip is affordable and reason to return to Thailand. That is all that is required.

If you put money into his account it can mean a refusal and if he relies on your money to live on. the visa is likely to be refused.

The best reason to return is a letter from an employer but they must be prepared to back it up if they receive a telephone interview from the ECO.

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks for this information, I was hoping to hear something like this. I really appreciate the reply.

Question.
    A friend of mine is planning to visit Thailand 1/October to 21st December and has applied for and got via Hull, a 60 day single entry visa and plans to extend this by 30 days whilst in Thailand, which should cover the period of his holiday, which he has already booked.
    But he is now planning to visit Ankor Wat in Cambodian around the 25 Oct for about five days, then return to Thailand.
    His new plan is therefore to enter Thailand 1/10 and get a standard visa on arrival for 30 days, leave LOS on 25/10 to visit Cambodia and on re-entry LOS on 1/11 show his 60 day visa.
    BUT I suspect that his cunning plan will not work and he will have issues re-entering on and using the 60 day visa. Any thought?

What Passport does he hold to get a Visa on arrival ? or do you mean 30 Visa exemption? IE UK Passport .
    I take it he already has a ticket to Cambodia on the 25th OCT to be able to show Thai immigration as they may wonder why he s not using a Thai Visa in his Passport , entering on a 60 day Visa would nt normally be a problem apart from them expecting him to use it on 1st OCT, did he not think of getting a multi-entry Visa ?
    I personally would have gone to Siem Reap when the 60 days were up, then got a 30 day exemption when re turning back to TH.
    Hats off to him wanting to go to Angkor Wat , well worth the effort.
    bangkok mags

He holds a normal UK passport.
    He did not apply for multi-entry visa as you need to show bank statements
    He is wanting to stay in LOS for just under 90 days and has now booked the flights