Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Citizenship Q's

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Citizenship Q's

My wife is due to apply ILR in January this year after completing 5 years in Uk (On 5 year Route) I believe once she has received ILR as a spouse she can apply straight away for citizenship?

When applying does this always have to be done in person at a designated center or can it be done via the post?

When applying at a center I notice the form lists accepted forms of ID, is the ID checked at the center then returned or do they keep whatever for of ID you use? (passport, Driving Licence etc)

Also is citizenship usually just a formality if everything is straight forward? or can applications run into problems?

Thanks Steve

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Also I believe you can apply for citizenship and British passport at the same time, if you do this would my wife be required to submit her foreign passport with the application and would they hold onto this until the application was complete?

thanks

In re-guards to applying for a British Passport your wife will need her Citizenship Certificate ( Certificate of Naturalisation ) first .
    Mrs applied for British Passport straight after her Citizenship ceremony at Brent Town Hall , London then after photocopying various items marched to the other side of Wembley Stadium and used a Post Office there to mail off her passport application.
    bangkok mags

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    In re-guards to applying for a British Passport your wife will need her Citizenship Certificate ( Certificate of Naturalisation ) first .
    Dont think this is correct;

Joint citizenship and passport application service

You are now able to apply for your UK passport at the same time as your citizenship application.
    This easy, efficient service has been developed in partnership with the Home Office. If your citizenship application is successful and a ceremony is attended, your new passport will be dispatched to your home.
    (Please do not contact Her Majesty's Passport Office (HMPO) or UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) about your passport until 20 working days after the date of your citizenship ceremony.)

Steve

Maybe things have changed , Im going back between 7 / 8 years , how ever thats what she did , I had no idea you could do both at the same time ...
    She also had to attend an interview in Leicester as it was her 1st British passport .
    Good Luck ...
    bangkok mags