Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default BKK to Korat HST

Just read an article that the long awaited BKK to Korat HST will start building works in November financed and managed by the Chinese.

Anyone have any more info ref time scales etc. Or is it just pie in the sky again?

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Well, everyone said the new elevated tollway from Bang Pa In to Korat wouldn't happen but its progressing at pace at the moment. Nothing factual but the talk here is that it will go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojet View Post
    Just read an article that the long awaited BKK to Korat HST will start building works in November financed and managed by the Chinese.

Anyone have any more info ref time scales etc. Or is it just pie in the sky again?
    http://www.raillynews.com/2017/bangk...se-1-approved/

Meant to be up and running 2021: Having traveled on Chinese HST between Guangzhou and Shenzhen a few years back it should be OK...
    bangkok mags

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

Can only be a good thing for Korat, for such a large city it has fairly poor transport links No2 road takes a stupidly long time to get from Suvarnabhumi to Korat and Korat "airport" is another nonstarter. Between the train and the elevated road and the ring road going around Korat it should really improve things.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Well, everyone said the new elevated tollway from Bang Pa In to Korat wouldn't happen but its progressing at pace at the moment. Nothing factual but the talk here is that it will go ahead.
    What's the start point of this as when I visit, the building works seem to kick off as you approach the dam?
    'Tis me

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

Anyone know where I can access detailed plans of both the elevated road and the Korat ring road, preferably overlayed on either satellite photos or large scale map. I want to see how close it is to our land as I have been told the new ring road will pass directly behind out 1 rai but want to confirm this. I called at the site office that's on the 2068 last month but they only had plans of their section which was from 2068 westward, I need to see 2068 east of.

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    What's the start point of this as when I visit, the building works seem to kick off as you approach the dam?
    Where Highways 9 and 1 meet at Pang Pa In interchange with another Toll entrance where they meet at Wang Noi (going south would go towards Bang Phli / Bang Na)
    bangkok mags

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    Where Highways 9 and 1 meet at Pang Pa In interchange with another Toll entrance where they meet at Wang Noi (going south would go towards Bang Phli / Bang Na)
    Thanks, when is that work due to start then? I'm back in Korat at the end of October, so I'll keep an eye out!

And what about over the 'mountains' the other side of Saraburi?
    'Tis me

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    Thanks, when is that work due to start then? I'm back in Korat at the end of October, so I'll keep an eye out!

And what about over the 'mountains' the other side of Saraburi?
    I did read Pang Pa In to Saraburi will be built in 40 sections / stages (ITD) I ve not been driving up Bang Pa In / Wang Noi since July ... had a Trip up north just took the expressway to Din Daeng joined the Don Mueang Tollway to the 1 then onto the 34 at Bang Pa In then up north , coming back down on the 34 took the spur road to join the 9 soon as I came off was just stuck in traffic for ages , not sure if just unlucky and was late evening rush hour or combined with construction or as I thought at one point maybe an accident further on towards Saraburi (on 1) well over an hour to be able to drive south towards Bang Na ...

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new...cks-off-today/
    bangkok mags

Thanks for that link. It seems the main building work at the moment is the stretch that covers the dam, so sort of Pak Chong to Sikhui.

As for Highway 9 to Bang Na, if there's a risk of flooding in Bangkok, I noticed it get's packed as traffic seeks to avoid the City. If going Korat - Hua Hin, I now go west of the City, albeit slower, it's free and not slower when compared to potential hold up's in the other direction. If am staying in Bkk, then I turn off Highway 9 onto what I call the Ramintra tollway before Bang Na. I find the queues for the tolls can be stupidly long when the road is busy.
    'Tis me

Actually the main work started where the 362 (Saraburi bypass) leaves highway 1 and that section is well progressed with a number of overhead road sections already in place. Further along various sections have been started with the next real work going on between Pak Chong and the Lamtakong Dam. Although its called an elevated tollway, its looking like some of the sections are actually going to be at ground level with most of the elevated sections where it follows highway 2 (Mitraphap).

This road will certainly speed things up at busy times but I'm praying that the section that passes withing 500m of my home is not elevated or its going to be mighty noisy - its looking that way thank god!

What I can't work out is that, on the map, they show a new service area close to Makro, Pak Chong and the major junction of highway 2 with the 2090 (Thanarat) road to Khao Yai. I suspect this may have been changed as I can't see any sign of any such work going forward. There is a section currently being built about 100m to the west of the 2090, close to Makro that is starting to rise - consistent with linking to a bridge over the 2090 but that, according to the map, is precisely where the service area was going to be.

Looking at the progress so far, I'm guessing that they may well open the section between the 362/highway 1 junction and Korat first. I haven't seen any of what's going on (if any) between that junction and Bang Pa In but I suspect that's going to take the longest as it passes through a lot of built up areas.

I was talking to a Scot in Pak Chong last week who is working on the pile driving and he said that they (not the road builders) have actually cut through the hill across from Lamtakong and he believes that's for the new train track.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Actually the main work started where the 362 (Saraburi bypass) leaves highway 1 and that section is well progressed with a number of overhead road sections already in place.
    Ah, I wondered what that was - now I know - thanks for that!

I was aware of the 2/3 smaller areas before Pak Chong which I too assumed were bridges.

It might be my last trip for some time at the end of October, assuming the whole of Thailand isn't under flood water by then, so it will be interesting to see what progress has been made from my last visit at the end of August.
    'Tis me

Well, when they said completion by end of 2019, I thought....................yeah right. But they really are going at it so maybe it will be on time. Have to wonder what the toll charges will be though, there's a lot of tolls.

Flooding? Never known a rainy season like it - especially so late. I just got back to the UK and it rained every day but one whilst I was over - 2 days for the whole day. Seen floods where I've never seen them before and almost every day, from luchtime onwards the skies were grey. Still, I was working so it didn't really bother me. Usually people ask me "should we visit Thailand during the rainy season" and I always tell them not to worry, it chucks it down like nowt you've ever seen before for an hour, then the sun comes out and that's it. I hope no-one followed that advice this year

Flights could be returning to Korat Airport :
    Korat - Phuket and Korat - Chiang Mai , did read elsewhere NewGen Airways would like routes from Korat to Chinese cities in the future as they operate to cities across China from Bangkok(DMK) Phuket and Krabi.
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/tra...ket-from-korat
    bangkok mags