Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes I've often wondered why do they have zebra crossings Flip? Whenever I see them I think of the film Death Race 2000.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Yes Flip, I agree with the 'don't react or lose temper' idea it's not a good thing to do in Thailand,my gf tells me just carry on no react....I lived and worked in California for 10 years and I never road raged there because of the gun and gang culture.
    i was wondering the same thing Marshall, what's the point of having zebra crossings?

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Yeah be like Cairo, no crossings and cars don't stop, you and they weave as you cross the road

Old Hand มือเก่า

Has anyone who drives in Thailand, ever thought of getting a DASH CAM for the car.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

te2008, I was thinking of buying one to fit to the gf's car when I'm here, but I don't think anyone would believe some of the driving out here, they would think I paid people to drive dangerously lol. I think insurance premiums ( if they actually have any) would quadruple if footage was presented in an accident claim, I would think that here the insurance companies lower your premiums to not fit a camera....
    great reading all the stories though, apologies if its going off topic, moderators please move if you feel you need to.
    many thanks all
    essex boys

Quote Originally Posted by te2008 View Post
    Has anyone who drives in Thailand, ever thought of getting a DASH CAM for the car.
    Anybody who drives in any country nowadays should have a dashcam. After being rear ended in the same location twice in six weeks a few years ago, I installed one, front and back. In both cases the other insurance companies paid out very quickly and I decided that I wasn't going to be that lucky if I had a third...

At the least you are likely to get some great footage for YouTube. At best you will be able to prove an accident wasn't your fault.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Plenty expats have dash cams it is very helpful in case of a tap with a local driver. I've even seen cameras on helmet of motorcycle riders.

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    i was wondering the same thing Marshall, what's the point of having zebra crossings?
    I've concluded they were seen by a high ranking person on their travels over here and incorporated into their road design for their quaintness[?]), except no one told Thai people what they were actually for.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

I will be picking up my new bike from Chiang Mai in a couple of weeks - apparently its fitted with front and rear cameras.

On the subject of pedestrian crossings - anybody ever experienced the one on Sukhumvit at the junction with Soi 3 & 4? That one is equiped with the green and red man symbols and is right in front of a Police Box. I believe a tourist couple were killed on that crossing a few years ago and yet drivers (usually taxis) still ignore the green man - stupidity at its worst.

I was hit, only slightly by a taxi on that crossing about 5 years ago - I was so angry, I tried to drag the taxi driver out of his car but he drove off. I'm glad he did actually because I'm pretty sure I'd have been in severe trouble with the officers in the Police Box if I'd given him a good hiding.
    Last edited by Flip; 1st Nov 2017 at 19:19.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbo60 View Post
    Plenty expats have dash cams it is very helpful in case of a tap with a local driver. I've even seen cameras on helmet of motorcycle riders.
    Would like to know the name of the store/shops on where they have bought their dash cams from.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I bought the G1W - available on E bay for around 20 quid. For the money - brilliant.

I also bought this extension cable to route the wire behind the dashboard.

3M Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Extension Cord Power Cable Lead Fused Plug

Last edited by manfarang; 2nd Nov 2017 at 11:23.
    aka Spud / aka MF