Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Default August 2018 travel

When is the best time to book a direct flight to BKK. Because all I can find is 840.00 Eva Air and over 1000.00 with BA.
    Do you think that I should wait until after Christmas to book or do I just have to wait to see what bargains can be had by next year

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Just have to wait and see imho. Flying in August is school holidays here so you will pay a lot more. I wouldn’t fly direct at that time of year. Probably try Emirates, Qatar etc.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

Best time to book is when they release the flights for purchase which is normally 11 months before your final flight ie the return flight, however I went in August this year and it was a bit last min booked late june and got Qatar Man-Bkk for £500. However when I looked 4 days later the exact same flight was £750. Its a dice roll really especially in the school holidays.

Just looked at EVA 5/8 to 25/8 as an example and cheapest was £740. As said already, August is an expensive time to go but if needs be then...

Just keep checking everyday and see what you can get, book one you feel is a good price then don't look again.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Shows how bad August is, just booked Eva for January £550. Its direct. Getting too old to start changing planes. The journey is long enough anyway
    Melnathan

Flights will be steep if flying out from late July to early August, school holidays. If you are flexible with your dates, then a flight out mid August will be your best option. Travel Trolley are quoting £509 out on the 15th returning the 30th with Eva.

Member สมาชิก

If you plan on going now you will be paying a lot. 800+ at this time of year is the norm, especially for a direct flight.

I know it might be a long way off, but flights in May and June are generally quite cheap. In the past I've always been able to get a direct flight for under 600.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by melnathan View Post
    Shows how bad August is, just booked Eva for January £550. Its direct. Getting too old to start changing planes. The journey is long enough anyway
    Melnathan
    That's why I want to fly direct, because the last time I flew indirect with, the airline company what I was flying with happened to loose my suitcase.

I've always found that EVA show discount fares first then Thai discount later. As for August avoid last week in July/first week in August. Try second and third week in August usually better price, although never going to be cheap.
    aka Spud / aka MF

Quote Originally Posted by te2008 View Post
    That's why I want to fly direct, because the last time I flew indirect with, the airline company what I was flying with happened to loose my suitcase.
    It's a lot rarer than to used to be but obviously still happens. They can still lose bags even when you are flying direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rav View Post
    If you plan on going now you will be paying a lot. 800+ at this time of year is the norm, especially for a direct flight.
    Flying in 2 weeks time and paid £432.97 with EVA

I know it might be a long way off, but flights in May and June are generally quite cheap. In the past I've always been able to get a direct flight for under 600.
    Yep Flying next May 7th, £468.17 with EVA.
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

Member สมาชิก

Well done, you have managed to get great prices for both May and December!

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Everybody has different views about booking early or late. Airlines release seats according to demand but sometimes have early offers. If seats are selling well they ain't going to be offering too many reductions.

I travel every 6 weeks and rarely book until a few weeks before - its almost always worked for me but I have the ability to be very flexible. I rarely pay over £450 but that's not direct (without long stopovers) - I smoke and can't last out . The exceptions are of course Christmas and school holidays but even then, I don't think I've paid more than £650 during the summer holidays.

There are ways of reducing the price such as accepting mid-week flights or on unpopular dates and be flexible - I've got flights for around £500 over the Christmas/New Year period but they were arriving on New Year's Eve.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rav View Post
    £800 to fly now? Who are you booking with? I actually find that from November until around the 8th December is one of the cheapest times. I fly tomorrow for 2 weeks at £462 and that includes a stopover in Abu Dhabi on the way back (going to the Formula 1). That stopover cost a little more as I chose one leg (27th) at a more expensive price so I don't have to get up at crazy o'clock after the Grand Prix. If I remember correctly, when I booked the cheapest flights were when the leg from Abu Dhabi to Manchester was at 2.30am and the price was around £430.

Seriously, you are paying way too much.

Old Hand มือเก่า

I just checked online a company called the flight guru, dates 21/7/18-11/8/16 price shown 675.00 Eva Air. However I was told by one of the agent that the price shown is the starting price, the price now is 751.00

I just done a search for August on kayak and found the 16th-30th is showing as £593 direct with EVA. I didn't check any other dates, they may have cheaper.
    https://m.traveltrolley.co.uk/mpflig...51.224.191.172

With having kids, I know how expensive flights can be during school holidays. I have always had to take them out of school, approximately 7 school days to avoid the price hike for our Christmas vacation. This year and last year is the first time we have flew out during the summer holidays and without missing any school days. We have went via Glasgow as the schools do break up a good 3 weeks in Scotland than ours. For three Adult fares and One Child fare I paid £1588 in 2016 and £1436 in 2017 both with Emirates. If we had went from Manchester or Newcastle on the same dates then I would of been paying another 1k. To be honest, I actually would not mind paying a little bit more to fly out during the summer holidays come to think of it. Okay, I have had to pay extra on the flights, however this is offset on what I am saving on accommodation if we had gone during our normal xmas trips.

Having a similar problem myself flying the other way Bangkok to U/K in August/September for a wedding, Malaysian airlines were cheapest (750) last time I looked though I would prefer an airport further north than Heathrow. I have noticed they have dropped a couple of hundred pounds during the last 6 weeks so fingers crossed for another drop.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    I just done a search for August on kayak and found the 16th-30th is showing as £593 direct with EVA. I didn't check any other dates, they may have cheaper.
    https://m.traveltrolley.co.uk/mpflig...51.224.191.172
    A trip for just under 2 weeks. Rather stay longer

Did a bit of a check yesterday after posting, prices were dropping but are still expensive BA now coming in cheapest at 691 pounds Bangkok to London rtn. EVA air coming in over 1000 (ouch), decided to leave it till later in the hope they drop as more airlines get their competitive heads on. Fingers crossed.

i have flown direct from london BA and quantas worst flights ever ,being from manchester some great flights with 1-2 hour stop overs ie finland germany,zurich,and the middle east ,why not try a indirect route ,i would also say what other airlines fly direct thail,and singorpore airlines ba and eva thats it i think,always a tad more bkk-uk as well