Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Urgent English language help

My wife's visa runs out in March but she is eligible for settlement in January. Due to a change in circumstances im having to apply early January earlier than expected. She's been putting off her English exam even though I have no doubts she get b1 as she wasn't far off it 5 years ago when she first came here.

The problem I have is what test she needs and how long results take. I understand if she takes ielts life skills b1 she wont need a certificate and just her ref number, does anyone know how long after the exam the results are available? Also they have 2 versions computer based and normal, all the computer ones are booked up, what's the difference? Can she take the non computer based one?

Thanks

is it for ILR then b1 speaking and listerning 10 min test ,2 weeks for cetificate ,result is instant there and then ,and its very easy to pass .

Yes b1, but which? There is IELTS UKVI academic, IELTS UKVI general, IELTS UKVI life skills. All of which are offered in normal and computer based exam.

From reading the compute thing is jusy a trail so that doesnt matter its just a case of which test.

Thanks

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org...ook-ielts-ukvi

The acedemic and general are 200£ and the life skills is £150 but think this one is ok for family route settlement.

if your in the uk you want to book with trinity college that is the only one the uk govenment accept its b1 listerning and speaking test centres all over the uk,th
    Indefinite Leave to Remain — ILR
    (Settlement/Permanent Residency)
    B1 Speaking and listening GESE
    Grade 5
    is one on the trinity wb page

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    if your in the uk you want to book with trinity college that is the only one the uk govenment accept its b1 listerning and speaking test centres all over the uk,th
    Grade 5
    is one on the trinity wb page
    Where did you get this information as both the ielts website and list of approved english language exams both show IELTS from the british council as been acceptable.

IELTS Life Skills

B1

This test is for those who need to prove their English speaking and listening skills as part of their application to UK Visas and Immigration for indefinite leave to remain or citizenship.

Just contacted UKVI by phone and the womsn I spoke to said its acceptable, not sure how much you can rely on the phone advice though?

Gutted though the Trinity has alot more dates and earlier than the IELTS too, got to wait untill the 9th for the ielts but she could take the trinity tmrw. Wish i hadnt been in such a panic when i booked her the ielts test on Saturday. 5 week cancelation policy so carnt get a refund and change.

At least I have an alternative option now should she fail the ielts which i doubt she will as she was only few points off when she came 5 years ago.

the one i posted is the only one acceptable ,its on the trinity website doesnt matter what grades only that trinity do the test up to you if you feel other wise ,,,,,you have been told ,,,if your in the uk you want to book with trinity college that is the only one the uk govenment accept its b1 listerning and speaking test centres all over the uk,th
    Grade 5

trinity

The Trinity GESE and the IELTS Life Skills are both recognised as approved secure English language tests (SELTs) in the most recent UKVI approved SELT listing (13 November 2017).
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

selt.jpg

Thought it strange they list it on the form if they dont accept it.

i could be wrong but thats the route my misses was pushed down and very easy so she tells me for b1 thanks guys for getting the correct info on