Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by manfarang View Post
    I get my information from wiki. Is the information on wiki is wrong? Will you be correcting it?
    Well, I wouldn't trust it.
    'Tis me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    Well, I wouldn't trust it.
    Quite, and even the ‘reliable’ Wikipedia doesn’t suggest the victims are poor, uneducated girls - whatever that has to do with Thailand’s apparent unwillingness to protect their vulnerable. More important to seek out those who post photos on Twitter or like/dislike photos of royal pooches on Facebook.

The UK has fixed its shortcomings found in Rotherham, what about Thailand? Well .... careful which photos you like on a Facebook!
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Has anyone in authority been charged with dereliction of duty concerning this matter?

aka Spud / aka MF

Blog Entries

Have you searched for that information, it’s mostly in the public domain? Nothing is being Ng hidden - warts n all. You keep trying to take the discussion away from Thailand, we are discussing Thailand’s peculiar approach to law enforcement, we’re not debating Rotherham.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Could be worse, especially if a ticket to hell was the end result.

Yes I have searched for that information and so far it seems to me that no one has been so charged. I can only conclude, if that is the case, that the establishment here are continuing the cover up of this scandal.

Of course you like to deflect the argument to under age sex workers in Thailand and lese-majeste laws when it suits you. When I bring up child abuse in UK and the way it was ignored for years in this case you seem to think that is irrelevant.

Lets face the fact - not opinion. The Americans broke the law in Thailand. Your only argument is that you consider it a petty law. That's your opinion. You don't seem to accept that others have a different opinion to yours. You don't seem to have much interest in Thai culture and are happy to snipe at their way of life whenever the opportunity arises for you to do so.

So Tobias, who has been charged with dereliction of duty in the Rotherham scandle?
    Last edited by manfarang; 4th Dec 2017 at 20:11.
    aka Spud / aka MF

What's the current situation of the abuse inquiry here? Fiona Woolf quit within weeks of being appointed, just like Judge Butler Sloss did. Wasn't there a conflict of interests?
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Blog Entries

Yes I have searched for that information and so far it seems to me that no one has been so charged. I can only conclude, if that is the case, that the establishment here are continuing the cover up of this scandal.

Of course you like to deflect the argument to under age sex workers in Thailand and lese-majeste laws when it suits you. When I bring up child abuse in UK and the way it was ignored for years in this case you seem to think that is irrelevant.

Lets face the fact - not opinion. The Americans broke the law in Thailand. Your only argument is that you consider it a petty law. That's your opinion. You don't seem to accept that others have a different opinion to yours. You don't seem to have much interest in Thai culture and are happy to snipe at their way of life whenever the opportunity arises for you to do so.

e ham
    So Tobias, who has been charged with dereliction of duty in the Rotherham scandle?
    You are putting words in my mouth. Are you, or have you ever been a politician? Your attempts to keep diverting this topic certainly make me believe so.

The Rotherham investigations are ongoing, we have law enforcement agencies set up specifically to deal with child exploitation, meanwhile back In Thailand people are being sent to prison for liking/disliking Facebook photographs whilst young teenagers are on the streets of Bangkok selling sex with the men in brown ignoring it, Immigration alerts are made to detain two Americans who post a prank photograph on Twitter - at lest efforts are bring made in the UK to stop the exploitation.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. This world is upside down. Now, I have a flight to catch.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Two Americans break law in Thailand that's the topic.

"Thailand has very strict laws on behaviour considered disrespectful and offensive to its Buddhist religion."

You bring in other arguments and I counter them. No one held responsible so far for the Rotherham cover up – not holding my breath for any outcome there.

Stick to two Americans breaking the law by all means - suit me fine.

Maybe someone could start a thread on Thailands sex industry. I would be very happy not to contribute to that one.
    Last edited by manfarang; 4th Dec 2017 at 22:05.
    aka Spud / aka MF

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Whilst I think the American's were stupid to do what they did and should have known better. There comes a point where cultural 'norms' become irrelevant and right and wrong are the only things that matter - no matter what the country. I agree with Tobias's sentiments - child prostitution is far more serious than a couple of idiots behaving stupidly. No-one was harmed by the actions of the yanks whilst young lives are ruined by forced or coerced prostitution.

It is illegal to behave as the yanks did in Thailand and prostitution is also illegal. Child prostitution is not only illegal, its totally morally wrong.

It is time Thailand got its act together and started looking at what's actually wrong and harmful and what is just a prank or in the case of some of the lese majeste laws, simply a harmless opinion.

As human beings, not just non Thai's, we cannot continue to ignore the crap that goes on in Thailand under the excuse of 'when in Rome'. Wrong is wrong and when people come to harm by it, its time it is stopped.

Blog Entries

... You bring in other arguments and I counter them ...
    You are not countering the argument, you are diverting attention away from the core discussion - Thailand and it's policing priorities.

... Of course you like to deflect the argument to under age sex workers in Thailand and lese-majeste laws when it suits you...
    No, I am not. What I am trying to do is keep this on topic. The article raises concern about Thailand’s priorities when it comes to policing, and demonstrates how Thailand has warped priorities when it comes to law enforcement and protecting its public.

This is not a topic about UK law enforcement or Rotherham but by all means start a new discussion on that in the Off Topic Forum if you wish to discuss it.
    Last edited by Tobias; 5th Dec 2017 at 19:53.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    The article raises concern about Thailand’s priorities when it comes to policing,
    No it does not.

There is no mention in the article whatsoever about Thailand’s priorities when it comes to policing. The article reports two Americans breaking the law.

It does point out that :-

"Thailand has very strict laws on behaviour considered disrespectful and offensive to its Buddhist religion."

They have broken a strict Thailand law - ignorance of the law is no excuse.

If you wish to broaden the discussion in this thread, that is up to you. By the same token others should be allowed to do the same. But lets be clear on one fact, the article is not about Thailand’s priorities when it comes to policing. It is about two Americans breaking the law.

I personally see no point in my continuing with this discussion. If you insist on having the last word - by all means have it.
    Last edited by manfarang; 5th Dec 2017 at 21:46. Reason: added a commer
    aka Spud / aka MF

Blog Entries

Good grief, you're like a bloody Jack Russell.

No one is defending the actions of the Americans, no one is saying that what they did was anything but an offence in Thailand. The fact that such a non-story has received international attention clearly shows what those news agencies think of the country and its attitude.

By the actions reported in the OP, Thailand attempts to deceive the world, that they will not tolerate such ghastly behaviour or the lack of public decency but yet, in their capital city (and many others) naked girls dance around in bars, sex is being sold (and performed) and children abused and exploited - all in view of the police.

Do you not recognise the duplicitous nature of their approach? Do you not see the wool being pulled over your eyes? I find it difficult to understand why you refuse to acknowledge these serious failings. Surely you must agree that the exploitation of children is a far more deserving cause to use limited police assets rather than wasting their time seeking out those who click a mouse disliking/liking a Facebook photo or hunting down two chaps who foolishly post a prank photo of their own arses on Twitter??

Through stories like the one we are discussing, Thailand wants to give the impression it has high morals and virtues and it will not tolerate any behavior that doesn't meet those standards, yet in many places up and down the country you won't have to look hard to find places where far more serious crimes are being openly committed and these are being ignored.

Yes, other countries have their issues too but this topic is about Thailand and the moral high ground it wants us to believe it has.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Good grief, you're like a bloody Jack Russell.
    Now now they are really great pets leave them alone
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/cri...ng-teenage-sex

Tip of the iceberg I'm sure but a step in the right direction.

Blog Entries

Wow, that’s very encouraging. Thanks for posting, DAS.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

pay up be on there way ,or is it political ,5000 baht isnt a lot ,maybe mama and papa have washed there hands and wont pay ,