Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Childs first thai passport.

Hello all and Happy New Year.
    I have 2 children living in Thailand and am in the process of taking them back to the UK to live with me after divorcing (uncontested) my Thai wife.My daughter 12 yrs has both passports and is all good to go.However my son 6yrs, 7 on 28th March was born in the UK and entered Thailand on a British Passport so will not be able to leave as his Visa will be 5 years expired.I will need to apply for a Thai passport but as he and his mother are in Thailand a passport can not be obtained from the Thai Embassy here in London.I have his full birth cert here with both mine and his mother named.Can anyone give me any info on how to proceed with getting him his passport.I have a basic idea and remember when getting my daughters Thai passport going to BKK and getting papers stamped by the British Consulate on wireless road in BKK and going to the then brand new swish building in BKK to apply.
    I just need to know the correct order of how to apply and the realistic turnaround time as need to book flights soon as traveling at the end of March.
    Many Thanks.

Does you son still have his British passport and is it still valid ? If so, I would use that. I'm pretty sure the overstay rules apply to minors. No fines or bans for under 15's.
    Last edited by -Keith-; 5th Jan 2018 at 15:54.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Rookie มือใหม่

My son has a British passport but it has expired so makes things more complicated.I have his expired passport here in the UK and am in the process of renewing it.
    I have checked and yes no fines for overstating handed to minors under 15.If he did not have a Thai passport when leaving for the UK with me in April and showed his new passport there will be no entry stamp.What would happen then,will he be allowed to exit Thailand?

If you used a new British passport then you could show both to Thai immigration. But even with just the new he will be allowed to leave.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

I am pretty sure your son can travel on his expired passport.
    It definitely isnt a problem with the airlines. We have done this several times over the years providing your returning to the country of the expired document.
    It is as you say the overstay issue. Again, and most recently last year my two daughters (8/9) overstayed 6 days and the wife was prepared to pay but a child is not responsible the adult is. They just waved her through.
    Perhaps the child settlement/ custody agreement would explain
    I'm not being pedantic but can you not simply apply here in UK and renew with sympathetic person signing the counter signatory thingy.
    I am pretty sure my now 10 year olds uk passport renewal was done in 3 days and she didnt even need to go with the wife to collect
    Just a thought....
    Judging others before you have met isn't a wise option.