Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Premium Member

Default Thai Passport renewal form

Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

My wife needs to renew her Thai Passport and we are going to the Embassy in London from Shropshire next week. We have down loaded the form which is all in Thai. On the form my wife tells me that it asks for her Father and Mothers ID card numbers and this has caused a "discussion" I said this is only for if we were applying for a childs/ under 20 yrs passport, as per instructions I can see in English, she insists it's not.

My wife is 54 years old her father has been dead many years and she has put deceased. Her mother is still alive.

Can anybody who has been through this advise please.

Thanks

Steve and Siyapha

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

what a pain going to london do they not do the mobile service anymore or do you need it asap ,i myself from north manchester wouldnt want to go to london it wouldnt be much away cost from going travel agents and booking a 10 night trip to thailand with them ,can you not do this online ,

Member สมาชิก

Yes the embassy still do the mobile service re passports...we missed the one in Kearsley Bolton in January or early February because my wife was applying for FLR at the time and her passport was not available. However we have managed to book one in Leeds next weekend...I live in Manchester so it will save me a trip to London....

Cheers..

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

hi elvisp would that have been at the temple as that is not far from me 2 miles away at the most .

Rookie มือใหม่

Just tried booking the Leeds service but seems it is now fully booked

Member สมาชิก

Yes Samsung the one in Jan was at the Thai Temple in Kearsley Bolton...they did one last year too...need to keep a regular eye on Thai Embassy website...last year they also did them in Edinburgh and Cardiff.. the only thing is they are limited to about 120-150 applications when they offer the consular services..
    Cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by stevie57 View Post
    My wife needs to renew her Thai Passport and we are going to the Embassy in London from Shropshire next week. We have down loaded the form which is all in Thai. On the form my wife tells me that it asks for her Father and Mothers ID card numbers and this has caused a "discussion" I said this is only for if we were applying for a childs/ under 20 yrs passport, as per instructions I can see in English, she insists it's not.
    You are correct. As she is over 20, they don't require her parents' IDs.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Premium Member

Thanks Vinny

We went last week for the passport, it was all fairly straight forward. Take a number from the machine for passport application. Go to the window when called, hand over the passport form, Thai ID card and a copy, pay the cash (cash only) and extra for the Royal Mail Special delivery for return of passport. Then go to the second room where there is three small booths, here they take your photo and fingerprints. I did see the wife writing something more but I did not bother to ask. Overall it was quick and efficient. I was surprised !

New Passport came back today, total of 20 days. I am still surprised how easy and efficient it was !

Premium Member

Wow that was quick. Staff said will take about 4-6 weeks when we went on 16th. We arrived 15 mins before appt time had to take a ticket (but had to book apt on line via Embassy website????) procedure as Ivan says and all done and dusted by original apt time despite a few people in there mainly for visas. Siyapha just had to put our address on the registered Envelope for return of new passport.

Rookie มือใหม่

This might seem like a daft question, but if my wife renews her Thai passport here in the UK, how long is it valid for? I keep seeing the word e-passport floating around and making it sound like some kind of temporary document.

Member สมาชิก

We do a lot of legal work involving mainly the land department and it is common to put the names of the parents of signatories on official forms, even if the parents are no longer alive. They don't require ID card numbers though. It's always an interesting conversation explaining this Thai requirement to foreign OAPs! The Thais just accept it.

Thai passports are normally valid for 5 years.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks Vinny.