Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
    Member สมาชิก

Default Chong Chom to Burram Airport

Out to Thailand next week with the family. This time we are heading over to see Angkor Wat then heading north to Surin via Buriram Airport where I will collect a Hire Car.

Not worried about Getting up to the border but concerned about getting to the border and then not having transport to get to Buriram Airport - feeling that I'm going to get totally screwed by Thai Taxi drivers. I have contacted Buriram Expats & got a quote for 3500 THB to get 2 adults & 3 young ones + bags the 150Km approx. to the airport.

I think that's a touch steep but the main thing bugging me is if I go ahead with this & there are taxi's @ the border who will do it for say 2000 THB then I will absolutely get it in the neck for the rest of the holiday & possibly the next 15 years too as she still reminds me of all the things I got wrong for the last 15+ years but that's another story!

Has anybody got experience of the Chong Chom / Buriram border run say they have done visa runs in that area that can give me a bit of insight?

Many Thanks

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

https://www.roughguides.com/destinat...er-chong-chom/

According to the above, Farang Connection will arrange taxis/transport.

I know the old owner passed away in 2010 but their Facebook page is still active - with telephone numbers and an email address. There are reviews from March last year so the place is still open - maybe they are still offering the same service.

https://www.facebook.com/Farang-Conn...3346145766772/

3500 sounds about 1000 too much. I can get from Khao Yai to Suvarnabhumi - a similar distance for 2500.

Alternatively, I have a mate who lives at Prasat and has a 4 door Ford Ranger. He may well be glad of a few quid. Its very easy for me to contact him if you'd like me to find out?

There are buses from Chong Chom to Surin City etc , but I would advise against that with luggage and 3 sprogs , Im at Buriram Airport tomorrow morning heading to Surin Province for the weekend , there are a number of car hire / travel agents in Surin City who could arrange transport for you , but no idea of the cost , I had a list Mrs sent me , but alas I cannot find it... I personally would take up Flips offer to see what comes up.
    PS is your Thai family from Surin / Buriram ? can they not sort something out ? Enjoy your trip.
    bangkok mags

Member สมาชิก

TU Flip the Ford Ranger would be great but I guess its a 5 seater & there would be then be 6 of us inc the driver. Each passenger needs a seat & seatbelt so I have to give that a miss.

Forgot about Farang Connection, I did know Martin RIP & I have been in contact with someone there who can maybe help.

Many Thanks

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by hoodeeni View Post
    TU Flip the Ford Ranger would be great but I guess its a 5 seater & there would be then be 6 of us inc the driver. Each passenger needs a seat & seatbelt so I have to give that a miss.

Forgot about Farang Connection, I did know Martin RIP & I have been in contact with someone there who can maybe help.

Many Thanks
    You're most welcome. I'd think the taxis at the border are also 5 seaters or vans and I doubt you'd get a van for 2500. 7 seaters are rare in Thailand. I've rented a Toyota Commuter before - self drive, but I doubt you'll find one in Surin. Hopefully the Farang Connection can sort you out.