Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Default Illegal Motobike Racing Arrests

https://pattayaone.news/en/91-rounde...acing-bangkok/

Encouraging that attempts are being made to tackle this crazy, lethal behaviour.

'He said the 45 teens under 18 and their parents would be summoned to meet police on April 3 for attitude adjustment and the parents would be warned that if their kids were arrested again, they could be jailed for supporting illegal activities.'

Not sure about the 'attitude adjustment' bit.........sounds a bit Shawshank Redemption - ish.......... Or even Cool Hand Luke "I got my mind right boss"

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    ...for attitude adjustment and the parents would be warned that if their kids were arrested again, they could be jailed for supporting illegal activities.'
    Certainly something we could try over here to get parents to be a bit more responsible for their offspring
    Have I Mentioned That I VOTED OUT

I wish we had Bangkok police patrolling London.

Or anyone for that matter, as our police forces have been seriously reduced.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    I wish we had Bangkok police patrolling London.
    They wouldn't have anything to do. They only know how to extract 100 baht from motorcyclists for not wearing a helmet. How many people do you see over here without a helmet on .

They wouldn't have anything to do. They only know how to extract 100 baht from motorcyclists for not wearing a helmet. How many people do you see over here without a helmet on .
    But Flip they wouldn't be bogged down with political correctness. When they see gangs on scooters mugging people for their phones etc they'd get the batons out and give them some on the spot attitude adjustment

But Flip they wouldn't be bogged down with political correctness. When they see gangs on scooters mugging people for their phones etc they'd get the batons out and give them some on the spot attitude adjustment
    You clearly don't know the Thai police very well Marshall. If something looks difficult, could possibly be dangerous, its lunchtime, its after 5pm or its raining - they aint doing nothing!

You clearly don't know the Thai police very well Marshall. If something looks difficult, could possibly be dangerous, its lunchtime, its after 5pm or its raining - they aint doing nothing!

Luckily I've only encountered the police a few times, and they were very polite.

Luckily I've only encountered the police a few times, and they were very polite.
    Yes, they are very polite - this can be seen at the many checkpoints along highway 2 in Isaan. Approach one of these checkpoints a little before lunchtime or late afternoon and you may notice that when you get to around 2km away there are quite a few vehicles parked up. The Thai police are so polite that they go for lunch around 12 allowing a window of opportunity during which these parked vehicles start to move off. A similar scenario seems to happen around 5pm.

Now, not that I'm suggesting that these vehicles may contain anything they shouldn't or be overweight or anything like that . Its clearly just politeness on both sides - the police probably allow the window in an attempt to reduce the queues they cause and the people in the parked vehicles don't want the police to be over-worked in their task of checking vehicles. Clear politeness of course because if you are an outlaw and have any contraband or illegal immigrants to move, then you know to do so overnight when there are no checkpoints.