Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default FLR M Completed and sent off

I have finally sent off my wife's application for FLR (M) today.
    Her first visa was due to expire April 28th 2018.
    IHS paid last night.
    £11 to send off the paperwork via Special Delivery. £11 to send it back to us.

I planned well in advance but even found myself staying up late to finalise it all and checking over the FLR (M) form countless times.
    Still stressful even though I planned well ahead.

I am quite relieved it is all over now and now we just have to wait for the application to be processed.
    I will encourage my wife to study early as possible for the LITUK test and take it well in advance so we are not stressing when ILR is due.

Our next stage is now to fly to Thailand in June around 6 weeks and apply for her daughter to join us in the UK (delayed in doing as our last home was not big enough, she wanted her daughter to start high school in Thailand amongst other things).

Thanks to all on this forum for the help and advice.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

good luck with the application finger prints next as soon as you get that letter to go and submit its in the bag ,,did the misses do b1 or a2 mine found the b1 easy and saved a few quid on next application hopefully ,life in the uk i hope megan fails and its scrapped

How long is it before they have to deal with the indefinate leave to remain issue ?? It was 12 months when I did but someone said it had changed since then

Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    How long is it before they have to deal with the indefinate leave to remain issue ?? It was 12 months when I did but someone said it had changed since then
    It was 12 months as you say but now it is 30 months.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Dsw727 View Post
    I have finally sent off my wife's application for FLR (M) today.
    Her first visa was due to expire April 28th 2018.
    IHS paid last night.
    £11 to send off the paperwork via Special Delivery. £11 to send it back to us.

I planned well in advance but even found myself staying up late to finalise it all and checking over the FLR (M) form countless times.
    Still stressful even though I planned well ahead.

I am quite relieved it is all over now and now we just have to wait for the application to be processed.
    I will encourage my wife to study early as possible for the LITUK test and take it well in advance so we are not stressing when ILR is due.

Our next stage is now to fly to Thailand in June around 6 weeks and apply for her daughter to join us in the UK (delayed in doing as our last home was not big enough, she wanted her daughter to start high school in Thailand amongst other things).

Thanks to all on this forum for the help and advice.
    Do you need there Thai I.D cards as well when you apply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the Thai ID card isn't needed, just the spouse's Thai passport.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Our next stage is now to fly to Thailand in June around 6 weeks and apply for her daughter to join us in the UK
    Not sure what current turnaround times are but we applied in early November last year and it was around mid-January when we received it back. Just worth bearing in mind for sorting your Thai trip in June

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    good luck with the application finger prints next as soon as you get that letter to go and submit its in the bag ,,did the misses do b1 or a2 mine found the b1 easy and saved a few quid on next application hopefully ,life in the uk i hope megan fails and its scrapped
    She completed the A2 test as we left it quite late and didn't want to take the chance. I am also skeptical of the goal posts being changed for ILR and them maybe rising the B1 to B2 but we'll find out in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    Not sure what current turnaround times are but we applied in early November last year and it was around mid-January when we received it back. Just worth bearing in mind for sorting your Thai trip in June
    Thank you. I understand that it will take awhile. Our intended date of going is the 11th June so hopefully the FLR will be issued by then.

Member สมาชิก

Our documents arrived back yesterday with FLR granted for 30 months.
    Just waiting on the BRP to arrive.

Pretty much bang on 8 weeks (29th May to be exact).

Quote Originally Posted by Dsw727 View Post
    Our documents arrived back yesterday with FLR granted for 30 months.
    Just waiting on the BRP to arrive.

Pretty much bang on 8 weeks (29th May to be exact).
    should be late this week or next pot luck if your in has they dont tell you and your misses is supposed to sign for it ,i knew the courier so he over looked this but i didnt get any warning it was being delivered ,dont know what will happen if your not in maybe a note to go and collect or a card saying when they will call next

Member สมาชิก

My wife had an email sent this morning stating the BRP was out for delivery today.
    Arrived about 1030am.

So exactly 8 weeks today.

At the end of April we paid for flights to Thailand for the middle of June.
    I know it is not the best thing to do but the flights were on promotion and dropped by about £170.
    We took a gamble hoping and expecting that it would all be completed before we fly out and thankfully it did.

maybe my misses had a email and just missed it or forgot to tell me i never asked her as i was in when it came .

Member สมาชิก

THAI PASSPORT ISSUE

This is about my step daughters visa application.

Not sure if you can the change the title of this thread or move to a more suitable place as I can’t search properly at the minute due to forum lag.

We got to Thailand on Monday and went straight to Uthai Thani to sort of the Por Kor 14.
    We got in touch with the village manager to act as witness at the amphur.
    Myself and my wife’s uncle had a beer with him and brought him a bottle of whiskey.

The next day he attended the amphur acted as witness and Kor Por issued.
    It was fairly easy until the next bit.

My wife went to make the passport for her daughter at MFA and they rejected it stating there was (in my interpretation) missing text from the Por Kor.
    Apparently there should be a sentance starting her and the father never married.

I wish I knew but I can’t read Thai.

My wife has to go back to her local amphur now and this will be on Monday.