Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Until there is an improvment in luggage reclaim times, none of the ways of getting through immigration seem to matter much. Although I guess being able to sit down and wait is better than standing in line.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by livingwithathaigirl View Post
    I wonder what would happen if my wife and I split the kids between us and she went first with our daughter. Then surely my 3 year old son, with his Thai passport, couldn't go through the Thai passport area unaccompanied?
    Sounds like a plan LWTG.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by livingwithathaigirl View Post
    Are they really making farang husbands with Thai wives and half-Thai kids go separately through the farang passport area now?

I wonder what would happen if my wife and I split the kids between us and she went first with our daughter. Then surely my 3 year old son, with his Thai passport, couldn't go through the Thai passport area unaccompanied?
    This was my experience when I left Thailand a few weeks ago and I expect this to be the case when I return next week. Its because Thais no longer have to fill in arrival cards.

Thais can go through the foreign channels if they wish.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ N Barton's Avatar

Arrived on Sunday 8th April, immigration queues the shortest I have ever seen them, no delays at all.Was quite lucky that my case came through relatively quick as well- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -When we went out in December, this time with my wife, the experience was much the same.I was not allowed to go through with Jumpa but I presumed that this was due to her biometric passport simply being scanned at an automatic gate, there was no immigration officer as such just someone guiding her on how to use the gate
    We'll never win the Premier League,
    We'll never win a Cup,
    We'll still follow UNITED !!

Member สมาชิก

Just got home and used one of these services, after a long flight really couldn't be bothered with the queues. My wife and junior have Thai passports and go through the electronic entry points, so speedy and I used one of these companies. I'm too tight for a buggy so I arranged them to meet me at the 'plane. Got off the BR68 yesterday and there an official looking lady with my name on a card. She took one of the carry on cases and said "follow me". I'm 6ft and a fast walker but we could hardly keep up with her. The crowds seem to part for her official look and "march"! We dropped my wife and son off at Thai Immigration and then she took me to the Elite desks next to air crew. From off the plane to the baggage hall was about ten minutes. Best 1200 baht I ever spent! Thanks Jimmbo!

Member สมาชิก

For those that may be interested...l arrived into Bangkok on Sunday 6th. May, plane landed at 12:30 in the afternoon, like N Barton, I passed through passport control with no queues, baggage was fairly quick as well. However my bags were x- rayed going through the “green channel” but not searched and once on the other side l was stopped by a officer who inspected a duty free bag which was on the top of the trolley.

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by Nealy View Post
    once on the other side l was stopped by a officer who inspected a duty free bag which was on the top of the trolley.
    Yes, they are looking for cigarettes. I had one come running after me shouting "sir, sir, do you have any cigarettes". I told him yes I had tobacco, but I'd bought it there on my last trip - which he accepted without checking. As usual, an instruction has been issued and it receives a half hearted response.

More oneroulsy, I've seen them be just as lax on the security side of things! At the very least its annoying to have to take your lap top out, your shoes off, your belt off, jacket off - just to see the operator talking to a colleague instead of watching the screen!

Member สมาชิก

Yes, l totally agree with you Flip, standards of security appear to differ from country to country, some are alarmingly worrying.