Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default 2.5 year route visa requierments - second visa

Hi there,

My Thai wife was granted a 2.5 year spouse year around 2 years ago. It was a nightmare of refusal / appeal / original decision overturned - but they gave us it eventually.

We need therefore to make the next application in around 6 months (for the next 2.5 years visa)

Is there any difference in the documents that I will need to produce?
    Can someone shed some light on whether it is the same procedure or not? (of course, this time it is in-country so that is a plus)

Due to the nightmare time we have had the first time round we are VERY nervous about getting it right. We spent in eccess of £20,000 with the first visa / lawyers (different lawyers used)/ appeal / etc (don't ask, unless you really want to know why it cost so much)

kindest regards in advance

Glorifindal

Rookie มือใหม่

Quote Originally Posted by Glorifindal View Post
    Hi there,

My Thai wife was granted a 2.5 year spouse year around 2 years ago. It was a nightmare of refusal / appeal / original decision overturned - but they gave us it eventually.

We need therefore to make the next application in around 6 months (for the next 2.5 years visa)

Is there any difference in the documents that I will need to produce?
    Can someone shed some light on whether it is the same procedure or not? (of course, this time it is in-country so that is a plus)

Due to the nightmare time we have had the first time round we are VERY nervous about getting it right. We spent in eccess of £20,000 with the first visa / lawyers (different lawyers used)/ appeal / etc (don't ask, unless you really want to know why it cost so much)

kindest regards in advance

Glorifindal
    Hi if your circumstances are still the same then you should not have any problems. And would not need a solicitor. You will need to prove you still meet the financial requirement. Your wife will have to have passed the English test. And you will need to pay the NHS surcharge and of course again for her visa. Documents you will need to prove your been cohabiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Much emphasis on cohabiting. Letters/correspondence in joint names showing same address from various sources, spread over the previous 2.5 years. If you don't have sufficient in joint names you have to supply additional documents addressed to you both individually (the exact qty is in the Guidance notes). Examples of documents would be utility bills, joint bank account statements, council tax bill, Home Office letters, NHS letters etc etc

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

If your wife is working now her income can be added to your income to jump over the £18600 hurdle..
    You have six months to go before her visa expires..Do not under any circumstances apply 28 days before her visa runs out..Apply about 1 or 2 weeks before her visa expires..If you apply more than 28 days before the expiry of her visa you risk needing another FLR ( M) visa for a month or so when the next visa runs out..

Member สมาชิก

£20,000! Gulp!!!

Cheers..

The easiest thing to see what you need is to fill in the form now. I would have advised doing this 2 years ago and you would have known exactly what to have collected/found/done.

Some people will quickly poo poo this idea as a waste of time, I would rather see it as time well spent and perfect preparation to uncover any pitfalls.

Some things may change over time but it will not be that a drastic a change that I would consider it a waste of time.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Rookie มือใหม่

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    The easiest thing to see what you need is to fill in the form now. I would have advised doing this 2 years ago and you would have known exactly what to have collected/found/done.

Some people will quickly poo poo this idea as a waste of time, I would rather see it as time well spent and perfect preparation to uncover any pitfalls.

Some things may change over time but it will not be that a drastic a change that I would consider it a waste of time.
    Yes I agree but the Home Office change the rules sometimes weekly so be careful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too Gary's advice when my wife received her settlement visa and I'm very happy that I did. We had six months to be married and apply for FLR and I was on the case for correspondence to both of us very quickly.

Had I not read the guidance notes we would have had very little in joint names which is the best way of doing it.

I wasted three months trying to get a joint bank account with Nationwide and they knocked us back despite my mortgage being with them. A few weeks ago we walked into the Metro Bank and my wife had a an account, debit card and she had paid in. All within an hour.

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post

Totally agree, I remember spending ages getting copies of old doctors letters and scratting about for allowable items with both our names on etc. etc. Thankfully we gathered enough together but it could have been very different.

Because my fiancée was then here on a six month settlement visa we didn't need as much but that advice was a big help. We signed her up and I changed my doctor to a knew one at the same time to get the letter. Booked checkups at the dentist and both appointments were 15 minutes apart and on the same appointment card.

There's now a new minimum A2 English Language requirement (E-LTRP.4.1A.(iii)(b)).
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    Much emphasis on cohabiting. Letters/correspondence in joint names showing same address from various sources, spread over the previous 2.5 years. If you don't have sufficient in joint names you have to supply additional documents addressed to you both individually (the exact qty is in the Guidance notes). Examples of documents would be utility bills, joint bank account statements, council tax bill, Home Office letters, NHS letters etc etc
    This one can be difficult at first ,i would say your best options NI number ,doctors letter,dentist ,water bill is the next and then bank accounts most banks will offer a basic account ,then council tax ,then utilities which are becoming harder or near impossible to have joint accounts now ,but you can have them named on the account ,i would follow garys advice have a look now and get folders and every month place the bills or statements in them if you are like me most accounts payslips bills are all online now and its a proper pain obtaining 2 years plus in one hit as i just found out ,

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

if you are like me most accounts payslips bills are all online now and its a proper pain
    That was certainly the case with our bank statements as most are paperless these days. We had to print ours off and go into the branch to have them stamped by the bank.